5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best
Published on April 13, 2012 by cleanstyle

3.0 out of 5 stars Long and narrow. Very tight in the toes. No insoles.
Published 15 months ago by jay77

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best, April 13, 2012
Absolutely the best. I recommend these to ANYONE, without reservation! They are the most comfortable of ALL my footwear, and I can already feel them starting to develop contours around my foot (I've had them for about a month). They are versatile and you can see just by opening the box why they are worth $300 and are so quality. I do not expect to get another pair of boots for AT LEAST 5-8 years (per the plethora of reviews I've read before choosing to make the investment). Seriously, it would behoove you to get these if you prefer quality over quantity. I also recommend you check out the videos the company has on their website:[...]
You will NOT regret getting these.
I bought the pair from Danner for J Crew and they are similar to these here. An added plus is that they are so unique but stylish, I get complements literally all the time because they're so cool but different. Highly recommend this product. You've made the right choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good comfort, August 27, 2013
The original Colorado hiker was a good boot these are much better not as much break in time. These are great for light to medium duty hiking and camping. Hope they never stop making them. If you want to go heavy duty hiking for extended period of time would go for a stiffer sole. Like I said great for light to medium duty. Really keep your feet supported so they do t get tired on the long inclines.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple elegance, August 2, 2013
This boot is quite simply, well crafted and elegant in it's simplicity. After buying a cheap Vasque boot that has become a Chinese knock off, I was looking for something made in Europe or here in the States. I won't look any further than Oregon and the folks at Danner. After you buy a boot like this, you'll feel the same way. Hand stitching sealed the deal...

5.0 out of 5 stars Danner boots, February 12, 2013
Danner makes a quality shoe, period. You get what you pay for and the Overton is no exception. I did find that the 2E designation does not necessarily mean double wide. I can wear a D width and often do in a dress shoe, but wear a heavier sock and like more room in my casual shoes. One certainly does not need to worry that the 2E would be too wide. They will take some break-in time which I expected, but the quality and support that I expected is there, hence they will need time to conform to my foot. I would highly recommend Danner boots to anyone seeking a better quality than what we get imported from Asia! Good shoe!

5.0 out of 5 stars White Soles, November 18, 2014
Relly (Petoskey, Michigan) - See all my reviews
Not for dirty jobs, but waterproof is good for snow and rain. I alway spray protective on my suede, so I would recommend that. I also noticed that the tread is not very deep on the soles, so I wonder how long the soles will last. Overall, great boot, I also have the leather ones that have more aggressive tread.

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, comfortable, durable boot that lacks wet traction., October 3, 2014
Jerome "Ted" (Chicago IL USA) - See all my reviews
These are built to Danner's standards, but use a Vibram Cristy sole (nearly flat) to avoid tracking muck like the traditional "stars and bars" sole does.

What does this mean? You'll have trouble on an slick rock incline, or trudging through melt.

This seems to have been a conscious compromise rather than an oversight-- after all, they're clad in the beautiful suede side of the leather (I believe the full grain is used, just 'inside out'), and you don't want to drag your suede through mud or salty snow do you?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., August 20, 2014
Had my eye on these for a while. You get what you pay for. Very good boots and the quality oozes out of them. Ordered and shipped to Scotland as they can't be sourced over here.

Supportive and comfortable straight from the box. A few weeks of wear will have them perfect. Slightly on the large side if I had to be critical. However with thick socks they fit just right.

3.0 out of 5 stars Long and narrow. Very tight in the toes. No insoles., October 6, 2013
This review is from: Danner Men's Mountain Light Overton Boot (Shoes)
I'd like to start by saying these are extremely well built and very, very nice looking boots. They would also be very comfortable if they were wider in the toe box. However, these boots shipped without any insoles. First I thought they were meant to have no insoles, but after walking in them without, there is no way. The stitching on the goretex caused a blister to form quickly on the bottom of my foot. Also, they were very hard with no cushion on the foot bed. I called Amazon and they were prompt to send me another pair and they checked to make sure there were insoles in this pair but there weren't. So, they put some orthotics (in retail packaging) in the box. These hard plastic half soles just made it even worse. I purchased insoles from Danner and they don't fit the boots properly. The boots are a little longer than the insoles. This did 2 things: 1) solved the problem with the hard, uncomfortable foot bed, 2) Made the boots extremely tight. I'm hoping they loosen up over time because I can't return them now, but they are very tight still after maybe 1.5 - 2 miles of overall walking in them. They still aren't broken in by my standards yet so this may change. Bottom line is this- Very well constructed, beautiful boots. I would say casual because the rough out will look like hell if you go hike in any dirty, or wet conditions. Bottom sole wears very quickly on shake roof and again the rough out leather wears terribly if you kneel at all so work boots they are not. Very nice comfortable casual boots for someone with long, narrow feet. If you have wide feet, forget it. If you wear a 14D, try these 13EE boots, order insoles separately, and you'll probably give these a 5 star.
....If the fit changes for the better after they are broken in (may take a couple years at this rate), I'll update this rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Danner, July 30, 2013
These boots have been a huge asset to my trip across Africa... After a few days of proper breaking-in, I now couldn't imagine traveling with any other boot.

Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I was looking for., July 14, 2013
I was looking for a "rough-out" Danner boot. This style of tread does not pick up very much mud or debris unlike the standard Vibram "stars and bars" style. I followed Danner's recommendation to buy 1/2 size down in this boot style and these fit great! I bought another pair of Danners earlier this year and didn't follow their advise and those boot do not fit.
I have worn these boots now for 50 plus hours at work and so far so good. Time will tell how well these boots hold up to work and play.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›