5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable Danner boots

2.0 out of 5 stars plastic eyelets will break
Published on April 5, 2012 by J. Eagle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable Danner boots, December 11, 2011
I actually selected these boots partly for work and partly for use when riding my motorcycle. They are very comfortable and appear well built. The footbeds in the boots are of what I would consider as a upper-medium quality. Certainly good enough, but know that you can improve on the footbeds in the future by just buying something that fits your use style and swapping out the originals. The lining looks well made and snugly stitched to the inside top of the boot. The boots provide a snug, warm, feel. These boots are extremely light, you will notice that right off the bat. That's a great characteristic for all day wear.

Some folks seem to think the strings are a little too short. Not me. I have plenty of lace once the boot is snugged, enough to wrap around the top of the boot once with adequate lace leftover to tie any knot you choose. If you want different strings, as footbeds, they can be purchased just about anywhere you can buy boots. For motorcycle use, the shorter the string excess the better. The last thing I want is to have excess laces getting tangled in or hung on something and causing a problem while riding.

I was disappointed in that I paid too much for these boots. That is no one's fault but my own. I thought I had performed adequate research on the web to try to find my style and size, and as a result of that research Amazon had the best deal. In subsequent searches, I have found them $50 cheaper on another site. Again, my fault for jumping in so quickly, but I don't have any regrets nor any animosity toward Amazon at all. Willing seller, willing buyer. Enough said.

Amazon shipped very quickly. The package arrived a day earlier than expected. As usual, packed very well as to protect the items. It's always a pleasure to do business with Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars plastic eyelets will break, April 5, 2012
This review is from: Danner Men's Striker II GTX Uniform Boot (Apparel)
I have had these for about a year, and believe me- one day the plastic eyelets (where the laces pass through) will break. When I saw the first one break, I thought "wow, that is surprising." Since that time (about 2 months ago) 4 more have broken. When this happens, the front half of the eyelet separates from the rear half- where they are pressed together. Then your laces are grinding directly on the leather hole. This problem is well noted on the Danner Boot website reviews- where these boots get around 2 stars (of 5).

That being said- I love the fit of these boots, and I also love how light they are. I wear them often during the day to work, then on a volunteer ambulance at night, and even sleep with them on in case I get a call. They are that comfortable. But, I expect them to hold up better than this. Metal eyelets should be installed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Near and dear to me, November 13, 2014
This review is from: Danner Men's Striker II GTX Uniform Boot (Apparel)
I absolutely love these boots, I don't know If i got some special magical pair or what. I bought these boots in 2011 from Amazon and have worn them since. I wore these boots through the mountains of michigans upper peninsula, Vermont, New England, and Colorado, including tons of river crossings and muddy trails. I've also worn them to the mountains of Seguin, Haiti. I condition the leather once a month and unlace then re-lace the boots. I've never had a broken eyelet, and I've never had the tread seperate. Now, three years later, The boots are nearing their end, if only because the tread is worn down near to the point of retirement. I've worn them so long that the rubber is starting to fall away along the sides. I'm extremely impressed with these boots and how much they've gone through. I would abolutely recommend. Attached is a picture of my pair after 3 years of wear

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, June 1, 2012
Raul (Miami, FL USA) - See all my reviews
My experience with these boots was like that of others, the sole separated in a matter of months in spite of light / infrequent use.

Don't be deceived by the outer appearance of ruggedness, it's all a facade. The achiles heel (no pun intended) is where the sole meets the upper...not the road in this case!

Don't be fooled by the advertisement. In spite of what you read about these boots being durable and about the company's history, the fact is that they are made in China. The fact is that brand names mean absolutely nothing, rely on your experience and that of others. Read the small print and know that this company, in spite of everything they say, will not stand behind its product, at least that was my experience when I presented a claim. They just offered me 25% discount on another pair (bought directly from them for much more than I could get it here).

I do not and would not recommend this product and my next pair of boots will be from a different manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars They are Danners, so they are naturally good., April 14, 2010
I work in retail, and I do K9 Search and Rescue so comfort is a must. For a leather boot the break in time was not bad, I like the soles adn they bend at the ankle very freely. The only thing negative about the boot is the boot strings are kinda short which is kind of anoying putting them on. I was given a pair of the Danner Desert TFX Rough Out Boots for Christmas by my son and that is what sold me on Danner. The Desert TFX was a far superior boot as far as break in and comfort, but you cannot polish the TFX, so I traded a little comfort for being able to clean and polish.

5.0 out of 5 stars great boots., October 13, 2010
Perfect fit out of the box.I have never ordered footwear on the net before but I was pleasantly surprised.When Walking around in Strikers you will be impressed at the lack of sound you make on standard surfaces.I could walk all day in them.
I looked all over and Danners are the best.Hope you like them as much as I do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, needs improvement, July 31, 2009
Very comfortable boot. I wear these as daily shoes and they are great, except for the eyelets. They seem to have a plastic backing that falls off and the top metal piece comes loose from the boot. Now I have these little bangles loose on my shoe laces. I have owned several pairs of Danners, this is the first time this has happened to me. I am not sure if these are made in USA or not. The eyelets are not a huge deal for an otherwise nice boot. It just irritates me each time I lace them up. Otherwise, I have been quite happy with them and how well they breath. It's just those %$#@ eyelets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best duty boot for cops, February 8, 2011
I am a street cop in a major U.S. city and I have tried many different brands/styles of duty boots. The Danner Stryker II outperforms and outlasts them all. Never had ANY problems with them, including strings, eyelets, etc., however, I always go with the 8" non-zip boot. I am now on my third pair and I will not use any other boot when I'm on duty. These boots are an important part of my equipment and they have never let me down. They fit true to size with little to no break in period. Bottom line -- the best boot for the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, September 12, 2014
This is my third pair of Danners. I have one pair from when I was in construction management, and one from when I was in Haiti after the earthquakes. These ones are pretty good, and by now I've had them for almost two years, and have been wearing them for work and for school - both in EMS. I now have inserts in them, but they are pretty comfortable, even on a 12 hour shift. Great in the winter, just as good in the summer. My next pair of boots will also likely be Danners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!, November 19, 2010
I have owned a pair of these boots for over a year and wear them as part of my uniform 50-60 hours a week in harsh desert conditions. They are very comfortable and have lasted extremely well. I like them so much that I recently purchased a second pair of the identical boots. The only modification I made was to replace the standard insoles with Spenco Polysorbs, which I find a bit more comfortable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›