5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer

2.0 out of 5 stars pinching toebox
Published 3 months ago by Jean-Luc Glorieux

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, May 29, 2013
I used the free 2 day shipping option that I got with my amazon prime trial--the package arrived in one day. Out of the box the shoes feel good and fit true to size. I have a size 13 right foot and a 12 1/4 left so it's hard to find comfortable boots. I ordered a 13ee and it fits perfectly on my right foot which is what I was looking for. Toe box is sufficiently wide; my big toe normally rubs the inside of the toe box but in these boots my toes have plenty of room. They are comfortable and the waterproof gore tex works like it should.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost a perfect boot, August 1, 2014
Shane A (Roseville, CA) - See all my reviews
I decided to wear these boots for a full year before reviewing them, and I'm glad I did. I am a land surveyor and I've had these boots on my feet for 45-55 hours per week ever since I got them. I've worn them through many different terrains ranging from asphalt to mountains and everything in between, including snow. What makes them almost perfect is that they have held up extremely well and really don't show a year's worth of wear. They have been very comfortable since day one, which is a huge plus for me, and are relatively light weight. The sole is still in good shape with plenty of tread left. Nothing has broken, cracked or come unstitched. Now for the bad part. When the boots were about 7-8 months old, both boots started to leak dirt (and water) from the toe where the rubber meets the leather. My Dad also bought these boots for work and his did the same thing at around the same time frame. This is a pretty big disappointment because if it weren't for this problem, I could honestly say that I would not buy another boot. If Danner could fix this problem, they would have a home run with this boot. I don't think they would even have any competition until you reached the $250-$300 range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consider your intial fitting to be accurate, March 6, 2014
After having worn DM Bex work boots for 10 years, they became no longer available at our local shoe discounter, so I went on the hunt for something suitable (or even better). I happened upon the Danners in our local Scheel's store and tried the 12D pair in stock.

The support of this shoe amazed me- it cradled my feet much like the Superfeet (Black) Insoles I've been using in my other shoes. However, they felt a bit snug mid-foot and I thought they would eventually "relax" with wear. I bought them anyway, wore them for two months and the darn shoes did not relax or stretch with wear, a testament to their legendary build quality.

Being too late for a store return, I took a gamble and ordered the 12EE size online. They fit like a dream immediately, allowing my feet just enough room with ample support. The lace pattern and premium eyelets allow for quick on-off, and the gore-tex liner really helps to keep my feet comfortable and dry.

My first pair of 12D boots will hopefully be re-worked or exchanged at the Danner factory. $150-$200 for work shoes may seem like a lot to pay initially, but for a pair of shoes that really can restored at the factory to like-new condition it's really a bargain.

View some of the videos online at [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Hiking boot with a safety toe, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Danner Men's Vicious 4.5-Inch Brown/Orange Work Boot (Shoes)
I bought these boots with my job in mind,framing. They are perfect for the job. The tread is great for walking on joists and tops of walls. Both boots got a inch size hole in the toe of the leather within a month. This is likely due to kicking scrap wood off the decks and such. It's not a real big problem. You can see the white comp toe through the holes. The holes never grew in about 3 months since they started. The fronts and backs of the soles started to peel off a little(like maybe a 1/8 flap) so I shoe gooed those sports before the soles really started to rip off. 2 months later the boots still are holding up they just arnt pretty with the holes and shoe goo. Over all I'd recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!, March 25, 2014
I think these are really comfortable . . . unfortunately I had to return them as they weren't the composite toe work boots I needed . . .I certainly can't blame the boots just because I can't read! If you don't need safety toes, these are great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alittle small, December 23, 2013
My husband always wears sz10 med but these where alittle snug .He said they will be ok after he wears them for awhile.If you need to wear thick socks might consider a bigger sz..Great boot and very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Danner boots rock, June 21, 2014
These boots are fantastic. Most comfortable boots I ever bought . Well worth the money. I have heal spurs and I hardly notice the pain. Excellent boot. A++++

2.0 out of 5 stars pinching toebox, December 3, 2014
I really wanted to try these as a foul weather walking boot (Gore-Tex lining, non-skid Vibram soles), but I am disappointed with their fit. Having learned from other reviews that they run small, especially in the toe box, I deliberately ordered a size 13, whereas I normally wear size 12 with most shoes. Nevertheless, one of these (the right foot) is still really too small and my toes are not comfortable on that side, although they are fine in the left boot. Unfortunately, I have finally reached this conclusion after wearing these boots for a week and I don't think I can return them any more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Danner Vicious, February 13, 2015
I live near the Danner outlet so I could try it on before buyin elsewhere. I wear size 11 in everything but neede a 12 in this. Probably could gotten away with 11.5 but went with 12 to avoid a painful breakin period. I really like the larger toe box you get with this workboot. This is not a great hiking boot but it is an awesome work boot so don't think its that universal. Short hike, sure, medium to long hike....no way. Size 12 weighs in at a little over 3lbs total. I think it's about 50oz total.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great summer work boot, July 8, 2014
These are my 3rd pair of danner boots for summer work (construction). I usually get 2 summers out these boots. Lightweight and quick break in, waterproofing lasts about a year. Better than all hiking boots that I have tried even the ones that cost twice as much.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›