Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on October 1, 2014
I LOVED this when it came, and during the first 3 uses. I live alone and was the only one to wash it - taking such great care to not drop or break it. It looked pretty on my counter and was a great functional press for 2 cups of coffee.

Then on the 4th use, I went to press my coffee to pull up the lever and discover that the glass had somehow cleanly broken all the way around somehow in this process about 1.5 inches down from the top. I ended up cutting my finger pretty bad in the process of cleaning it out to get it out of the way, and had to send the boyfriend on his way to work with no caffeine for fear of glass shards having gotten in the mix. Seems to me that these things should last more than 4 uses... and of course it's not eligible for return/replacement when I look.

This was really disappointing. I won't be buying from this seller again unless they make it right, but I'm not even sure how to contact them directly. Still clicking around to figure that out but hoping this helps me...
on February 18, 2015
The handle to this press popped off the second I took it out of the box. The screw and screw plate are mis-matched, it seems, to where the screw doesn't fit in the screw plate securely enough. This is very dangerous, as if this occured when the press was filled with 200 degree water, burns could occur. I'd avoid and buy something a bit better quality.
on August 21, 2014
I purchased a press of the same style on another site a few years back. It was twice as much, but after receiving this one I would gladly pay double. First, the whole pot wobbled and when placing the plunger on the pot after filling it with loose tea leaves & hot water, L the plunger fell directly to the bottom. The whole pot was made very poorly. The glass was very thin so very easy to break. The plunger was so cheaply made and didn't even have the weight of stainless more like aluminum. I haven't rated too many items over the years, but I couldn't let this one slide. The shipping & return we're amazing! You can always depend on Amazon for that!!! Thank You Amazon!!!!
on May 26, 2014
I liked the one I recently received from Sterling Pro so much I purchased this one to take to my daughters. It is almost identical. It isn't quite as fancy or sturdy as the other and doesn't have the extra screens. Since she has two sons I doubt it will last long enough to replace the screens anyway lol. (she goes through a lot of Mr Coffee pots). I don't mean to say it is fragile but it is glass, and they are boys. They were both purchases perfect for the situation. I sent her a grinder and occasionally send her new beans I've discovered as a "treat". If she enjoys this as much as I do I am sure she will order another to replace it, should it break. If you have children or a klutzy husband (or wife) I would recommend this one. If not I would recommend the Sterling Pro since it has the extra screens you will need for long term use. The screens are expensive to replace ($25) I don't know if they are interchangeable. I seriously doubt they would be. There is no comparison to the quality of the coffee. First I fill the kettle with cold water and turn it on to 210* I preheat the press and my coffee cups with hot tap water, wrap the press in a linen tea towel. I use 2 scoops of coffee and grind fine. Once set up it is usually time for the first pour. I pour about 2 inches into the press, Stir, clean up any mess refill the grinder for tomorrows brew. Then pour 3 more inches slowly. Reheat the water. Finish filling the press, assemble the cups with cream and sugar. Press the coffee and enjoy. For the grounds I have a small wire sieve in my drain that I rinse the pot into. I keep them in an old plastic coffee container under the sink. It is emptied weekly and put into the garden or on flowering plants. They are supposed to be great in a compost too. This takes less time than a Mr Coffee to brew. Is more putzy but well worth the effort I no longer have a desire for starbucks, seattle coffee, dunkin donuts, or tim horton, etc. They can't compare.
on December 16, 2014
This is a REALLY good value if you don't use a french press all the time but also want a decent size container. It's not heavily built, but the price reflects that and it still works great every time - strongly recommend
on January 4, 2015
Good for the price, but it'll make you want to buy a better French Press. The plunger doesn't stay up, so you can't put the lid on while brewing, and a good amount of grounds will make it into your cup.
on March 18, 2014
I've been wanting to try a coffee press for a long time. Since I don't drink coffee to "live" like most people, it seemed a waste to make a pot in my drip machine when I only wanted a cup or two. This works perfectly!! The price was super reasonable and wasn't hard to figure out how to use it - instructions right on the box.

Order was on time, actually early. Well packaged. I will definitely be back for more as gifts.
on March 18, 2014
This is the perfect coffee maker for the cost, i was surprised to learn that not a single part has a rubber seal or gasket. The construction is hard plastic and metal. cleanings annoying , but because i need a dishwasher , not the product in particular. doesn't let "silty" coffee grounds steep through either .
on July 16, 2013
We saw one of these for sale at Starbucks for 40 dollars. This one is a fraction of the cost and works great!
Update
Ended up that it was put together wrong. I bought the one at starbucks on sale and have had it for a long time now.
on November 3, 2015
I finally decided to review this little contraption after giving it a good year and a half run for its money. For the price, it did not disappoint. It's still going strong - aside from a few minor breakages. The first thing to go was the little spring in the metal mesh filter, but this didn't present any functional problem and actually made it easier to clean all the many bits of coffee grinds that get stuck and trapped in between the mesh.The unit itself hasn't broken - a minor miracle since I'm a super clutz.
This is certainly not the best french press out there but it does the job if you're short on funds and want to try a french press. The unit is still functional after a year and a half and has been faithful. If you're new to french press coffee like I was, a do recommend reading a tutorial online and understanding the difference in the brew taste.