Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 25, 2009
Double check you are selecting the proper size, I accidentally orderd A/B and I usually like to get the C/D.

These tights are really fabulous-and have the most comfortable waistband. It seems like they've redesigned these since I last bought a pair and they now have a built in heel. I don't really like that, but it probably will help with runs.
on October 5, 2012
These are infinitely better than the Capezio convertible tights (those are incredibly tight and restricting). I am 5'4 and weigh 120lbs, I ordered the C/D and they are comfortable. The toes and heal are reinforced which is also a plus.
on August 25, 2014
Good material. No too pink, more natural looking. Slightly reinforced toe & heel which might show a little, but still a good idea I think. Watch out for the sizing. I got a size C/D because other reviews mentioned it runs small and they were right. According to the size chart on the package, my daughter should take a size A/B. But these fit just right. To give you an idea of the fit for size C/D : She's 5'6" and 114 pounds with a 26" waist.
on September 24, 2014
I would have given these 5 stars except for the EXTREMELY TIGHT waist area/band. I'm not a big girl, being a 5'5", and 123 pounds woman who works out regularly. Granted, I don't have an athletes body and no matter how fit I am I will always have curvy soft hips, an hourglass figure. Based on the packaging, I should be size A/B, and I got C/D based on other reviews. They're still tight.

The length of these is great, quality feels good too. These are my first pair of dance tights so I have nothing to compare them to. All I know is that old school regular tights/long johns always had RIDICULOUSLY tight waist bands, and in the recent years manufacturers seem to have realized that they can put soft, looser bands around the waist and they still stay up just fine, but without the uncomfortable and unflattering cutting in at the waist.

Well, apparently Danskin hasn't figured that out for these. Anyway, maybe their prime market is actual real dancers with boyish dancer's bodies with absolutely no fat around their middles. If so, then that crowd will not even notice the tightness. But for the rest of us, these could be way more comfortable. As long as I pull them WAY up to just below my breasts (and they ARE long and stretchy enough to do this) at my lower ribs, then they don't cut in and won't be unattractive under a leotard. But I HATE that feeling of having my entire waist/rib area constrained like this. I ALWAYS prefer clothes to sit on my hips.
on October 15, 2015
I order A LOT of tights from Amazon, having two dancers in the home. I usually order the Angelina brand convertible tights because my girls have told me that those have the best waist band. But, those were out of stock, so I had to find a back up, and I knew I could not order Capezio because of the restrictive waist band.

I really appreciate that these have the reinforced heel and toe, I think that will help with runs (and could possibly cut down on how many pairs of tights I have to order). My oldest is 13, size 2 in juniors and 5 feet tall. We ordered the A/B and she did not have any complaints about being too big or small.

The reason I only give these 3 stars is because the color is off. We ordered ballet pink, which I am used to be a very pale whitish pink. These were almost nude in color (but not tan, just a pinky nude color). It was almost if they took the ballet pink and dropped them to soak in a cup of tea or something- just an odd brownish tint. So, while we can wear them for practice, we won't be able to wear them on stage.
on June 15, 2011
I love these tights. They're well made and the heels, toes, and holes are strongly reinforced. Very good quality, especially for the price.
on November 22, 2013
I use to purchase the Bloch ballet tights for my daughter, but each pair would snag, run, or get a hole in them after very little wear. I just assumed that Bloch tights would be of good quality because of the Bloch dance shoes that I buy are made well and my daughter loves them.
I eventually decided to buy the Danskin brand for her a few years ago and I have been extremely satisfied. They are the perfect color, the perfect weight, and most important, they do not run. If she does get a hole in them, it's because she got them caught on to something that snagged them or tore them. She loves these tights! They are very well made and I highly recommend them. By the way, the sizing is pretty accurate. My daughter is 5ft 2in and she wears the AB size.
You will not be disappointed with these tights!
on January 22, 2013
I put down "seemingly" durable, because my daughter only wore them twice. It maybe hard to see on the photos, but Ballet Pink, is a nice, classy, skin-color with light pink tone. You can see rough, mesh in cheap tights from miles away, but these are tightly knitted, with very fine, stretchy yarn, resulting nice, silky finish to the touch. She thinks the cut is nice, too, so there's no "pull" anywhere when she dances. She is 11yrs old, 5'1", and very skinny, and this adult size A/B was only a tad bigger, still in a comfortable range.
on March 5, 2015
The tights are comfortable and the waistband isn't too tight. I don't understand how to wear these as footless tights, as there is a pouch for your heel and one for your toes. If you were to wear them footless, there would be excess fabric. I wore them with boots the other day when it was snowing and I have some pilling already, which is disappointing. That's why I'm giving these only three stars.
on February 4, 2013
I bought 2 pairs of danskin tights, and apparently they're reinforced the heel and toe area. I know this because those areas don't match the rest of the tight. I had a old pair without the reinforced heel/toe that I loved, but lost. So i bought these as replacements. They're great tights but i used to wear them to dance and work. Now they're only suitable for dance and the reinforced area is visible even in my ballet shoes. Surely they can reinforce those areas AND make them match!!

See 1 answered question