5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tights
Published on August 12, 2012 by Thinking Out Loud

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fit but awful shade of pink
These are supposed to be ballet pink but instead of the subtle pink in the picture, these are a unflattering pink/orange shade. The fit is nice and they are made of a comfortable feeling fabric.
Published 15 months ago by dmgeo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tights, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Danskin Girls' Microfiber Footed Tight (Apparel)
I bought this brand / style of tights for my daughter when she started dance class at 3 years old. Back then, she wore the Toddler size. I love these tights so much that every time she outgrows a pair, I simply buy the same brand / style in the next bigger size. She's gone through sizes Toddler, Small, and Intermediate, and we're now on Medium. The sizes seem to run true-to-size. My daughter is currently a size 8, and the Medium (8-10) fits perfectly.

These tights are super soft and stretchy, and my daughter has been able to put them on all by herself since she was 6 years old, wearing size Intermediate (6X/7). (Back then, she had trouble putting on "regular" tights by herself, I guess because they're usually not as stretchy.)

None of my daughter's tights have ever ripped. I think the Toddler or the Small got a small "blemish" (a little discoloration, and the material felt thinner in that area) from when my daughter fell on her knee, but it never opened up into a run or a hole. Her current tights do have a couple snags in them around the knees, but again, they haven't opened up into runs or holes. Overall, I am very satisfied with the quality.

As an aside, I'll mention that one year, when I hadn't bought these tights yet, the salesperson who sold us ballet shoes talked me into buying Capezio 100% Nylon tights. (I think the store only carried Capezio brand tights.) After a few weeks of classes, both my daughter and I found we didn't really like them, compared to the Danskin UltraSoft Microfiber tights. They weren't very stretchy, so they were difficult to put on, and within a couple weeks, they had several snags. I quickly switched back to our trusted brand and style. I know this isn't the place to review OTHER tights, but just having that experience actually made me appreciate these tights even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Theatrical Pink is your Ballet Pink!, July 29, 2013
The picture on Amazon wasn't very clear but because some reviewers mentioned that the Ballet Pink is salmon/orange-pink, I choose Theatrical Pink. It turns out to be very close to the pink tights my daughter wears for ballet.

We have not used it yet and so cannot comment on fit and durability.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality but size runs small., November 26, 2013
Excellent quality tights that you just can't find at Payless or target. Best part is the ankle are is nice and snug- cheap brands gap dnd sag at the ankle. However they fit small. My almost 4 ur old daughter is tiny, about 32 pounds and 38" tall and the 4-6 yr size fits her perfectly so the average size kid should go at least 1 size or even 2 sizes up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable tights!, January 25, 2013
After going through a few pairs of tights from Payless and other places, I bought these. Wish I would have bought them sooner! They are thick enough to stand up to my daughter's floor sliding and playing. They actually have a "foot" unlike other dance tights we have purchased. They do run a little small. My daughter wears a 2T/3T pants and the smallest size works (2/4).

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. Exactly what I ordered, November 4, 2011
MAC73 (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
Exactly what I ordered and needed and arrived on time. Soft micro fiber tights for dance but we used for Halloween costume. Run true to size. I bought 4-6x for my five year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Odd color in the package but beautiful on, June 1, 2013
I just bought these for my daughter's recital. She just turned 6 and is tall, 46". I was worried these would be too small, but they fit perfectly. She is very thin I might add, but length wise they are great for a couple more inches.

I wanted to help on the color-I was hesitant to buy these because of a couple reviews noting the orange color. Yes they are pretty orange in the package, and my first thought was "oh no"...but once they were on and stretched they are beautiful. The color is a very soft pale pink when on...so don't let the initial color scare you!

They are very soft and seem very thick and sturdy. Definitely not the thin tights from WalMart! I am very pleased with these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fit but awful shade of pink, July 6, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality but runs small, September 17, 2013
Bought this for a friend's child who is 5 and tall but skinny. The tights are fabulous quality and thick, but she could barely get them up past her knees! I would definitely size up on these!

2.0 out of 5 stars Waistband was too tight and tore immediately, May 6, 2013
Rebecca (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
The waist band was so tight that it made my slim daughter look lumpy under a leotard and they tore within a weak. Would not buy again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, October 8, 2013
They were plenty long, but hard for my daughter to put on. Also, they ripped after worn twice (did not wash either)! They are expensive and disposable!

Danskin Girls' Microfiber Footed Tight