Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Dante's Cove: Season 2” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 76% off the $24.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Dante's Cove: Season 2
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
This season, they're joined by a mysterious, more powerful witch, Diana (played by Thea Gil, previously of QAF). As we rejoin the gang, somewhat naive Kevin is tired of living under Toby's shadow, wants to get a job and become more self-sufficient, which makes Toby insecure about their relationship. Seeing this as a chance to get Kevin back into his clutches, Ambrosius updates his image ("Call me 'Bro!") and tries to dazzle the young man with a fast car and to-die-for beach house. Toby's ex Adam (recast this year, for the better) gets involved with Ambrosius as well, and gets hooked on a local drug with supernatural origins. Meanwhile, Van gets further into dabbling in magic, with a book she found on the beach, learns the truth about Ambrosius and Grace, and takes desperate measures when her girlfriend Michelle says she has to choose between the magic or their relationship. The five (apx.) hour-long episodes also reveal a former boyfriend of Kevin's visiting the hotel, Adam's involvement with a gay afterhours sex club, the resort's handyman trying to seduce boss man Marco, more background on the two child ghosts that appear to Toby, as well as much more detail on the ins and outs of Grace's and Ambrosius' powers, and how they must ally themselves with a hotel guest in order to battle it out by the upcoming Solstice.Read more ›
After reading reviews that season two of the show featured better acting, scripts, and plot, I eagerly ordered my copy and can definitively say that it's just crap.
The actors may have better haircuts and the set is an improvement, it's so different from Season 1 that all you can do is shake your head in disbelief.
To make a long (and bad) story short, here's just a few things that are wrong with Dante's Cove:
- It's not a guilty pleasure. So you're willing to overlook the lack of plot for nudity. The only nudity you'll find is the same character in several episodes; I've seen the handyman's genitals so many times I can draw them from memory. How come the main characters are unwilling to bare it all?
- It features the lamest "witches" ever. There is supposedly so much power to be had, why do they need to drive cars? Couldn't they just transport themselves from one place to another?
- The creators think the audience is stupid. The only way these "episodes" reach normal television lengths is to continually show you flashbacks. Flashbacks from last week, from last season, even things that happened only two scenes ago! We're gay, not stupid.
I hope that someone will come up with a gay Supernatural or X-Files, a show with quality writing and acting. This schlock gives all gay people a bad name!
Don't buy this, rent it and save yourself $[..]!
In season II new characters are added: Kai, Colin, Marco and Diana, the witch good sister of Grace. There is even more naked sex than in the first season; Van becomes a central character; and Toby, the moral center of the series, slips a little. The witches and warlock step up their fight, zapping in the twinkling of an eye those they consider the enemy. And the whole thing is shot in paradise.
There is nothing wrong with erotic fluff.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I want season 3. This is a great series -- fun and plenty of it.Published 5 months ago by Atticus Finch, Brooklyn
Lots and lots of Eye-candy with total nudity although not completely revealed. That being said the sub-plots are well thought out and besides being an attractive cast, they all... Read morePublished 11 months ago by ClarityOfMind
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > LGBT
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Indie & Art House
- Movies & TV > TV