5.0 out of 5 stars On the Edge of Your Seat -With Tissues!
Published 22 months ago by Sharlotte

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well, but dragged on for too long.
If you've read other books by this author and liked them, then you will probably like this one. I had never read a book by this author and doubt that I'll read anything else. I don't consider myself to be a diehard Janeite, but this book had so many distracting violations of 19th century propriety that I found it difficult to admire the writing. Further, the secondary...
Published 24 months ago by Theresa Kovich

5.0 out of 5 stars On the Edge of Your Seat -With Tissues!, February 22, 2013
Sharlotte (ORADELL, NEW JERSEY, US) - See all my reviews
I will take this opportunity to heartily recommend Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love. This talented authoress has written another extremely exciting, involved, and incredibly angst-filled Austen inspired story. This latest tale involves a married Darcy falling hopelessly in love with an equally adoring Elizabeth who is initially unaware of his marital state. The rest of the story is filled with blackmail, murder, and every other conceivable intrigue with a full cast of canon and original characters building obstacles or bridges toward the thrilling conclusion. I couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forbidden but Passionate love, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love (Kindle Edition)
WOW! Loved this book with only one exception. In this alternative P&P, Mr Darcy is trapped in a loveless marriage and he is married only to save the family name. His parents lived longer but was not the ideal marriage by the end. Anne Darcy was very sick and George Darcy had mistresses. As a result Darcy is made to marry to save the family name and than in the span of a year both parents die and he is stuck married to Gisela(who is a beautiful, pampered, winy, vengeful bitch). She makes Caroline seem tame. When Darcy goes to Netherfield he meets Elizabeth in a bookstore in Meryton and falls in love wit her. Being married he knows it can't be and leaves before she can fall in love with him. Unfortunately she does and all sorts of things happen. There is mystery, intrigue with lots of misunderstanding. Wickham, Lady Catherine and Gisela are all wonderful villains in this story. There are also new characters which you will fall in love with and the plot twists are perfect. Plenty of nail biting and in the end love always wins out. Enjoyed this story very much!

This is for the author:
Now the only thing I didn't like was the Gardiners characterization. I know it needed to be that way but I like them and wanted so much more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good as FD an Honorable Man..., March 10, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love (Kindle Edition)
First off Brenda Webb's Fitzwilliam Darcy an Honorable Man is one of my all-time favorites! I have read it many times and was so excited when I saw another of her novels was being released! She really changes the story and creates a whole new plot and atmosphere with the characters. They are romantic, fun and enjoyable, and served up with enough angst even for me. :)

Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love is P&P variation where Darcy is already married. In order to hide a family secret, he was forced into marriage to a real witch of a lady, Gisela Gratham. Resigned to his fate he never sees what's coming when he meets Elizabeth Darcy in Hertfordshire. Feelings of love that he never thought possible begin in his heart, and soon he will move heaven and earth to be with Elizabeth. In the meantime, although Elizabeth is attracted to Mr. Darcy she must move on with her life and find a wealthy match in order to protect her family and her sisters. Thrown into the path of rich men, Elizabeth is in danger of being married off to a gruesome man. Darcy must act fast if he plans to escape his own fate, and save Elizabeth from hers.

This was a great story, where the characters are put in an almost insurmountable obstacle tearing them apart. I love the amount of heartache and angst that her stories create and I want so much for it to be resolved I am just unable to put the books down. She really changes up the story completely and even some characters personalities are different, so you have to want a different retelling to enjoy it. In my mind the author had a lot to live up to with the first and this one did very well. Compared to her first, which is one at the top of my list, I still liked that one better... but this still receives high praise.

5.0 out of 5 stars They will steal your heart!, December 15, 2012
This review is from: Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love (Kindle Edition)
This time Brenda put our beloved couple against some very steep obstacles! But love conquers all! So very well written you can almost see everything happening before you. Some new characters add interesting twists and the unusual behavior of some known ones takes you by surprise. A most compelling story...

5.0 out of 5 stars Close to the best of the "Pride & Prejudice" alternatives, March 30, 2013
I had not read anything else by Brenda J. Webb and was surprised that she did not have a major publisher. I thought the plot was very intricate and sophisticated and showed great imagination. The writing was very good, as well. I'm near the end and am already regretting the day I'll be finished! More from Ms. Webb, please!

The only other ones that come close is the Pamela Aidan trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., March 5, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love (Kindle Edition)
This was well written, intriguing and fun...I hardly ever write reviews but had to on this...
It held my interest from beginning to end...
I would recommend this book to anyone who is a P&P fan, but do not expect Jane Austen, it is not and that makes this just fun...

4.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this book., March 4, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love (Kindle Edition)
Though true Jane Austen enthusiast may find this version improbable I welcomed it. I like many who can't read enough about Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy thoroughly enjoyed this book. I thought the authors concept was intriguing and unique. Faced with what appears to be insurmountable obstacles Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy love eventually conquers all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It was torture waiting to find out what would happen next, but I loved every minute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy it on my Kindel., March 10, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love (Kindle Edition)
Have been a big fan of Miss Jane Austin since my school days.Enjoy reading aboui Miss Lizzy and Mr. Darcy

5.0 out of 5 stars Different from many others, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love (Kindle Edition)
This book is very different from many others Pride and Prejudice variations. Starting with Mr.Darcy already married, but to a women who only had mercenary reasons. Lizzy will go through a lot in this book, lots of excitement and tender love. I really enjoyed this book

Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love