Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Darice 1204-59 Mini Crafting Iron Assorted Colors
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

I have no complaints with my little craft iron. Most of the reviewers on here seem like they expected this iron to perform like a household iron that you'd use for daily ironing. This is a CRAFTING IRON ! It's meant to smooth out those minor wrinkles in fabric, hold hems and folds, or stick on your Iron-on patches. It does just that for me at least. I'm able to easily iron out wrinkled creases in my folded pieces of fabric and iron down my folds/hems. I do agree with those who say the placement of the plug is a big awkward. The iron tends to tip over when standing bcuz of the plug throwing it off balance. Overall I'd say this is a great mini iron to have and I bet you can take this with you on travels for light ironing to iron out wrinkles from the suitcase packing. Other than that if you're doing major ironing just stick with your household iron. But if you're just ironing out light wrinkles for quilt squares or what not this iron works fine.
on November 13, 2006
The size of the iron is great! It fits in the palm of your hand. And it gets hot! The only thing I don't like is that it plugs into the left hand side of the iron, which makes it awkward to use.
on December 28, 2012
Three stars because it's adorable, as all diminutive objects are. Also three stars because even though the cord comes out EVERY GODDANG TIME I USE IT, it still works even though it's now rattling from whatever s*** that has broken off inside the unit due to IT FALLING OFF THE IRONING BOARD ONTO THE FLOOR EVERY GODDANG TIME I USE IT. Three stars because, God bless her, the old biddy still heats up and does the job of ironing my doll clothes, even with said broken plastic s*** rattling around inside her. You see, the plug is intended for regular, human sized appliances, which this of course is not. The plug therefore prevents the iron from even standing up straight.
If you are of ascetic ilk, and your quality of life/sanity does not matter much as long as your miniature s*** gets ironed, this perfunctorily fabricated appliance might suit your needs. Good for you. Take the kids to KenTacoHut with the money you would have spent on a well designed miniature iron. If not, do yourself a favor and get the Rowenta DA1560 Classic Compact Steam Iron with 300 Hole Stainless Steel Soleplate 1000 Watt, Purple, which is about 2.5 times bigger but won't drive you to drink/start a house fire/burn your feet and/or innocent loyal pets, as this one will, when it FALLS OFF THE IRONING BOARD EVERY GODDANG TIME YOU USE IT.
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2013
We ordered this and got it pretty quickly. We then used it yesterday and it didn't heat up enough to bond the perler beads which is specifically what we got it for. The cord is detachable which sounds cool, but when we go to push the cord in it doesn't go Niall the way. The plastic on the inside ended up snapping because of the amount of pressure that is needed to get the cord to attach. I have to return it because it really is garbage!
on September 7, 2007
I find that the cord positioned on the left side makes the iron awkward to use. For a right-handed person using the iron backwards is easier. The cord though needed for the amount of current is like having a cricket on the end of a chain often keeping the iron from easily sitting flat. I will continue to use my larger iron.
on January 12, 2015
It is what it is....a crafting iron. I like that the cord is long but it does get in the way sometimes but my solution is when i need to use it i unplug the cord from side of iron (easy and fast) and use it wireless then re-attach cord so it stays hot for when i need it again during a job. i bought a small table top iron board that folds and also has a metal tray for iron that pops out...i leave it on that to heat up..takes a little while but it gets hot...I use it just for applique or embroidery, creasing shirts to mark my center, iron on stabilizer, flatten creases in fabric i plan to use for an applique etc.
on December 22, 2015
Works but very slowly, great for little items but if you are doing perler beads I would not recommend this as it is not large enough to do even a medium sized pattern you will have uneven melts. It does work great for mini or smaller items with perler beads or if you are on the go. I do think it is super cute and I received the red one.

Would work great for ironing tiny clothes for children or doing small jobs with hemming tape and it is useful for traveling as it is so mini. Great item but not one that can replace a regular sized iron for us crafters.
on May 27, 2016
I purchased this for my niece who likes to craft and watching her with a regular iron freaks me out. I know any iron is dangerous regardless of size, but I felt more comfortable with her using a smaller sized iron. Unfortunately, my iron did not work and I had some issues. However, I contacted customer service and they are taking care of the issue. The size is perfect for my niece and so I hope the next one I purchase works well.
on March 4, 2014
I only wanted this thing so I could do iron on letters and the occasional stitch witchery, because really, when clothes need ironing, you throw them in the dryer. While the iron is super cute, the cord doesn't stay in and any craft product you're going to attempt is going to take you double the time. I should've just bought a real, adult iron like my mother told me to.
on July 22, 2016
Wish it got a little hotter (I was using it with fusible web), but it does a great job getting into the crevices and tight spaces. It's easy to use and, let's be honest here ... it's cute as a button! It's a cinch to store (I used a velcro cord keeper and store the cord beside the iron.)