Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Darice 5-Piece Painting Knife Set
|Price:||$7.37 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$4.47 (38%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Versatile 5-Piece palette knife set
- Assorted shapes and styles for a variety of techniques
- Stainless steel blades with wood handles
- Primary use is to mix colors
- Also excellent for thick paint applications
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Package Quantity: 1 | Style Name: CLASSIC
Top Customer Reviews
I use one of them for mixing epoxy and such, and I haven't had any issue as far as functionality is concerned. This should be an OK set for painting. If this is all I do with them, I would have given them 3.5 stars.
I also use these kind of things to work glue into narrow seams for repairing wooden musical instruments, which sometimes needs some force. For this purpose, this set is not up to the task. The blades are fine, the issue is the ferrule and the handle. 2 stars for this.
Here are some potential issues (see my picture):
1. Ferrules are not particularly tight and handle is made of some not-so-hard wood.
This means that, if you use these with some lateral force, you'll crack the handle. That already happened on me once.
This shouldn't be a problem for mixing paint, epoxy, putty etc. at all, though.
2. Compared with my pricier (probably $10 per piece) painting knives, these have rougher blade surface (they have some scratch marks).
I'm OK with this.
3. Edges of some blades had fine burrs.
I needed to pass the edge on a fine sand paper several times.
4. Handles of some of the knives were badly marked as if the worker screwed up when trying to fit the ferrule.
Doesn't affect the functionality.
I'm just not getting the quality of stroke that I was getting from my other knives.
Handles are wood and finished but little more. The metal is flexible but firm. I actually prefer a bit less flexibility but given the price, these suffice just fine. Easy to clean and work as intended. A very good option for those searching for value priced items without totally sacrificing all quality.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Grate price an a grate unexpensive set for first or 2nd lever artist. worth every pennyPublished 2 days ago by ashcner castillo
This is a great starter set of painting knives. However, as others have mentioned, they are a bit stiff which makes it inconvenient if you are trying to obtain a certain look. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Aaliyah
Bought these for my stepmom for Christmas. She loves them and highly recommends them for beginner painters. They are very affordable and great quality!Published 12 days ago by Tim Porterfield