5.0 out of 5 stars Darice Embossing Tool
Published on May 19, 2011 by Sunflr87

Published on June 14, 2012 by Anne S

5.0 out of 5 stars Darice Embossing Tool, May 19, 2011
This review is from: Darice Embossing Multi-Purpose Heat Tool, 320 Watt (Kitchen)
This product is amazing!! Watch before your eyes embossing powder raise up off the paper. There were a few smoking instances in the beginning but that is on the warning label as normal because it burns manufacture oils off of the heater. Be careful because this machine gets really hot. I have to use tweezers to hold the paper because the circumference of the heat given out is greater than the top of the machine and can easily burn your fingers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, October 13, 2009
I love this heat gun! I've seen it used in many demo's. It's great for embossing and drying wet papers, it doesn't get too hot (i've had that happen) and it's not super bulky like some others i've seen. Wish it had a stand though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Heat Tool, December 9, 2011
I use this tool exclusively to make gift baskets so it does an excellent job on shrink bags - makes my gift baskets look like they were professionally done. Easy to control and aim. I don't scrapbook so i can't speak to how easily it works as an embossing tool

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, July 25, 2014
Jujube (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought this at my local Joann Arts & Crafts store, and used it to heat-emboss about 200 save-the-date cards and addresses and tiny sentiments on about 500 envelopes - and it's still going strong. I also used it to create a very cool-looking DIY crayon art project for my nieces-in-law. Yes, it does emit heat through blowing, but much less strongly and in a more controlled fashion than a blowdryer. More than worth what I paid for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars 30 minutes in, expect melting tip, burning out, and unfinished projects, June 14, 2012
I got this to do some precision acrylic bending I couldn't get with an oven and it worked pretty well for about 30 minutes or so. I got through one piece of thin acrylic and started to smell burning. The plastic nozzle melts away and soon after, the tool over heats. The melted nozzle is a huge concern because not only was it preventing the heating tool to function properly, but the plastic will continue to smoke, melt, and drip down the tool onto your project or, god forbid, your body. Really frustrating tool. It might work well for small objects like shrinky dinks, but it is no good for forming plastic... invest in a better heat tool. Trust me, you won't be satisfied with this one or the burns you get from trying to et it to cooperate.

1.0 out of 5 stars DIED TOO SOON, July 19, 2012
I purchased this from a local craft store and I'm a once-in-a-while crafter. Got out this heat gun today to dry some distress inked paper and it died after about five minutes into the project. Have only used it a few times in the past and it's already a useless piece of garbage. Will try a better brand next time. I do not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for SMT soldering and shrink wrapping wires!!, September 18, 2014
I bought this for SMT soldering. It works pretty well. I had to hold down some of the smaller components with tweezers to prevent them from blowing away. Be quick. There is enough heat to delaminate the board. Don't ask me how I know that.

I started using it for shrink wrap. It's GREAT for shrink wrapping wires!! works much faster then a heat gun, and you're less likely to catch the shrink wrap on fire like when using a lighter. I will not use anything else for shrink wrapping wires.

The wife would not let me use her hair dryer for shrink wrap, so I refuse to let her use this for debossing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Says it doesn't blow, November 5, 2009
I don't know why this says it "won't blow your precious materials around", cause that's all it does. I find this to be one of the most frustrating tools I've ever used. I tried to melt together some plastic, and it just blew the large chunks I had set out everywhere. !!!! grrr. I can't even imagine what it would do to embossing powder, which it is MADE for. This is a ridiculous item, just a poorly working hair dryer.

I would NOT recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Craft lover!, February 14, 2013
I love this little tool. BUT if you use it too much at once it over heats and wont turn on. BUT don't throw it away let it just sit for a few days and try to turn it back on. It will work. I use it to place images on candles and it works wonders.

5.0 out of 5 stars worked like a charm!, September 29, 2014
Used this to heat up the glue under the cracked glass on my phone... worked like a charm!

Darice Embossing Multi-Purpose Heat Tool, 320 Watt