Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on June 19, 2003
Dark Angel aka I Come In Peace
91 min
Action/Crime/Drama
September 28, 1990
USA
Director: Craig R. Baxley
Writers: Jonathan Tydor, Leonard Maas Jr.
Stars: Dolph Lundgren, Brian Benben, Betsy Brantley| See full cast and crew

This is by far Dolph Lundgren's best movie. He has often came across a bit stiff in his movies as Arnold Schwarzenegger did in some of his first films like Commando. In this movie Lundgren seems comfortable and it shows. I think Dolph Lundgren and Brian Benben were a good match up here. The chemistry is like putting Devito with Schwarzenegger in "Twins". Add in Lundgren's love interest, Betsy Brantley, one really mean alien played by Matthias Hues, and you have a great cast. This movie has an excellent story line, good direction, and super sets and music. There is plenty of action and the movie has a nice pace. Add in some really cool weapons, and lookout. When two aliens that look human land on the planet there is never a dull moment. One of the aliens extracts endorphines from humans as a drug for other aliens. The other alien that has landed on Earth is a lawman and was sent to track the drug dealer. He will need Jack Caine (Lundgren's) and Special Agent Arwood 'Larry' Smith (Benben's) help to catch him. Throw in the fact that the alien drug dealer takes on drug dealers on Earth and you have non stop action. Don't miss this movie. Any fan of the TV series "Miami Vice", or the movies "Predator" and "Blade Runner", should like it. It's like they combined some Police versus drug dealers with some strange aliens thrown in to the mix with some great supporting roles. I love Caine's friend at the University, but he needs to switch to decaf instead of all that Jolt or whatever he's drinking. I can't believe they haven't put this on DVD yet. I will snap it up when they do.

ADDENDUM: This movie is now available on Amazon Prime Dark Angel, DVD Dark Angel, and in August 2013 it will be out in Blu-ray Dark Angel [Blu-ray].

Recommendations: Predator 2,Predators,Alien Vs. Predator, and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (Uncut).

CA Luster
22 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2009
This is one of the scariest and funniest movies Dolph Lundgren ever did. I enjoy it immensely and I'm disappointed to see it so expensive and hard to get. I hope a Blu-ray version comes out as this movie did not get the exposure it should have during it's release Christmas of 1990. I am kind of surprised so few have heard of this SciFi with aliens coming to Earth. Police detectives Lundgren and Benben try to figure out what exactly they are doing after some drug dealers and civilians are murdered. At a drug dealers they find several dead bodies and a unusual sharp metal CD stuck to a speaker magnet. The guy they take it to for analysis at the university looks like he has been drinking Jolt and taking amphetamines. The whole movie has a mix of good SciFi drama and comedy. I had never seen Lundgren in a comedy before and this was a nice change of pace. It reminds me of how "Twins" made a difference in Arnold Scwharzenegger's career. Great quality DVD with plenty of replayability. If you enjoyed this, catch Split Second.

CA Luster
on October 31, 2004
i saw this when it first came onto vhs all those years ago, and just loved it. have been looking for the dvd, saw from the other reviews that it wasn't available in the US, so looked more, and YES!!!!!! its available in Australia FOR SURE on dvd ( i have it) BUT its called Dark Angel, so as long as you have a multizone dvdplayer get this on dvd and continue to enjoy it in all its glory. certainly one of dolphs best, good action and killer aliens!
on August 30, 2014
First another Blu Ray that starts all over from the beginning when you press stop. I would buy a lot more Blu Rays if they would take up where they left off when you press stop then play. What marketing idiot hasn't figured that out yet ? You dunderheads wake up ! That said I enjoy this movie for the story and seeing Dolph Lundgren when he was still a stud. I know I'm getting older when all my action stars start looking like they do in the expendables. Dolph really aged. The action and pace of this film and the chemistry between Dolph and Brian Benben make this actioner work for me. One of Dolph's best although I also like him in "Showdown in Little Tokyo." If you like Dolph then buy this film.
on November 11, 2006
I Come In Peace, is pretty well acted. The plot is exciting and as sci-fi goes in a pretty what if? beleivable sort of way. I Come In Peace is at times a good balance between both the funny and serious in what I think are the right ratios.

There is just enough love interest without it turning into sappy syrupy muck fest. There is the tried and true action hero side kick angle going on. There are nasty stinking earthbound dope dealers born to be hated with every fiber of your being. Finally you have an alien dope dealer from outter space who wants to steal endorphins from us lowly earth creatures. To this space alien dope dealer all every man woman and child on earth are his crop to be harvested at his whim. His job is to simply supply the demand for a drug our brains make and that he has to kill people on earth well thats just the costs of doing his ugly business.

I Come In Peace contains lots of action adventure, shooting, car chases and blood of both the human and alien varieties. I Come In Peace is just plain silly fun on so many levels it begs the question, WHY HASN'T WE COME IN PEACE MADE IT TO DVD YET? Why hasn't "I Come In Peace" made it to DVD when I have seen so many lesser quality or purely lame Sci-Fi movies come out on DVD. Dracula 3000 comes immediately to mind as the lamest alien \ horror hybred movie maker tripe yet to make DVD. I Come In Peace is of a level of quality so superior to Dracula 3000 that it hardly rates honest comparision.

Here is hoping the studios do the right thing and release I Come In Peace on DVD. Reading the other reviewers for I Come In Peace convinces me that I am not alone in thinking I Come In Peace is both worthy of DVD status and quite marketable as well. I Come In Peace is some of Dolph Lundgren's best work. Who knows the studios might hear our requests for I Come In Peace to be released on DVD because every so often studios DO actually listen to their customers! We can at least live in hope.
on July 3, 2004
This is a cult-classic sci-fi movie. Suspenseful, clever and action-packed. It needs to be immortalized on a DVD!
on October 12, 2014
Probably the best thing Lundgren was ever in (including the Expendables). Definitely a product of the 80s, from the hair styles to the obligatory lame action-hero catchphrase and full-frontal implants (hey, did I see an extra from 'Roadhouse' wearing the exact same costume she had on in the other movie?), but, like Schwarzenegger's 'Commando' its a guilty pleasure for a cinephile and a must-own for action movie fans. I have no idea where this "Dark Angel" thing came from, when I saw this in the theater it was called "I Come In Peace" and the blu-ray comes with a reversible insert, so you can put it on your movie shelf with whichever title it had (IN YOUR REGION). Plot holes, predictability and clumsy dialogue abound, but still, a B movie you can't help but like.
on September 5, 2013
This movie (sometimes known by the title of "I Come In Peace") is what I would summarize as a "B" movie - descent Saturday or Sunday entertainment but certainly not award winning for plot or acting (and a "C-" by today's standards for special effects) - one of those 2.5 or 3 star movies that you simply find to be entertaining. The four star rating I have given this Blu-ray release refers mostly to the high quality video transfer. I own one of the original Laser Disk releases of this film (titled as "I Come In Peace") which is terrible quality (fuzzy, snowy video and sometimes inaudible sound with frequent disk "sticking"). This Blu-ray is crystal clear video (for a movie originally filmed on film in 1990) and the sound is descent (again, for a movie filmed in 1990).
on September 4, 2013
I love this movie. It was interesting to learn the film had a very low budget. The talent behind and in front of the camera really elevate this project to Hollywood blockbuster standards of the late 80s / early 90s. With excellent performances, special FX, editing, cinematography, and writing, you can't really argue with this one. It wears its cliches proudly and achieves originality where it counts. The pyro stunts in this are also phenomenal, as well as the Jan Hammer soundtrack (he did the Miami Vice theme!). On top of it all, the science fiction works. The aliens are believable, scary, and oddly relatable too. I will say "I Come In Peace" is my preferred title to "Dark Angel", and I was very pleased to see "I come In Peace" as the featured title on the Bluray transfer. "I Come In Peace" is a more original title, and I really like the use of the line in the movie. Yes, the ending payoff one liner is great and hilarious, but more than that, I really like how it's used throughout the movie. To encounter an alien that spouts this idealistic line right before murdering you carries a blatant irony that is both complex and terrifying -typical of late 80s cinema ultra-violence which helps the movie achieve something beyond all the tasty tropes and cliches. A sequel is well over due.
on February 8, 2016
Passable sci-fi cop-buddy film. One never sees exactly how these aliens arrive on earth, but there technology to kill is impressive. Has some comedic moments. A happy ending, sort of. Does not make either aliens or our government look terribly decent in their conduct. :)

One thing is a constant: people everywhere want illegal drugs; and the police, whether here or elsewhere do their best to stop the pushers. The only wrinkle, of the horrific kind, is the key ingredient to make this particular stimulant for the universal set!

W.