Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$1.99

on September 24, 2012
* CONTAINS SPOILERS *

The book started off so well, the characters were good, great storyline until the main character, Keely got caught up loving 3 guys. Now, I can understand that it would be hard to NOT love the 3 guys but when she gave her heart to one and went behind his back and got with another, I lost all respect for Keely. Then after that, Keely annoyed me right upto the end of the book. I had to keep reading hoping she'd redeem herself to Nick but in the end after still not able to commit to him, she then asks selfishly if he'd still be her guardian?! Wow, really?? I'm glad he walked away as she doesn't deserve him.
At one point I did feel sorry for Keely that heaven and earth were relying on her to fulfil the 'prophecy' to bring about peace, a grave and daunting path to undertake for one as young as her. But that was quickly replaced with disgust at the fact that she reminded me of a very spoilt and whiny child, just like a 'Princess' even though she demanded that she wasn't one.
Now Lila, I thought was awesome, tough, independent, emotional, loyal and had a lot of heart. She was so strong even though her boyfriend betrayed her. She cried, was heartbroken, yet she managed to pick herself up and keep going to keep Keely safe. A perfect heroine.
I really wanted to like this book but as I kept reading, Keely's character made it more difficult to sympathise with her plight thus making it almost painful to read. I think what she did to Nick made me so angry, I wanted to shake her!
I know many will disagree with me so you should just read it and make up your own mind.
I.loved.this.book.!! Its written so great! I thought the characters were awesome the story its self was creative not so much new in the YA book world right now but it was creative enough to keep you interested that's for sure!
My one and only dislike was the end so I'm hoping for a sequel :)
I 100% recommend this book for all you paranormal book lovers.
There's some curse words for those readers who care about that and violence but lots of heart n love too.
Love this book hope there's more to come if not still a great stand alone novel.
HAPPY READING ALL!!!
on September 3, 2012
I read this book over 2 days on my Kindle and I loved every minute of it. At one point it felt like the story was building to a climax so I checked to see how much of the book was left to read and to my amazement I was only half way through. So many YA books are on the short side anymore, this story was long and I could really sink into it. I can't wait for the sequel, that the author did confirm on her Facebook page she is working on, along with any other stories she comes up with.
on February 3, 2015
I have very mixed feelings about this book. The storyline had potential but I did not care for the way it was written. The writing felt choppy, not fluid the first 100 pages or so. Either the writing got better or I just got used to the way it was written. I have enjoyed reading all of her other books but this one, not so much. I also didn't care much for the ending because it kind of left me hanging. Keely drove me nuts because she was just too whiney for my taste. She couldn't make up her mind as to which guy she wanted to be with and in because of that, ended up string them along to where someone got hurt that shouldn't have. I liked the concept, just not the story.
on October 8, 2012
I want the story to continue. It's a very interesting story with lots of action and unusual twists. There are really good characters; surprisingly my favorite is by far Asmoday. His growth and discovery of feelings and his willingness to sacrifice everything for his love...I want the story to continue and Asmoday to be with Keely.
on July 18, 2013
I really liked this story! It's romantic, full of action, and lots of violence..which is not my thing, but it's necessary. Keely finds herself in love with 3 men..and they all together are meant to save the world. It's a crazy plot full of twists. By far, Asmoday steals my heart and most of the story line is devoted to him and yet, without giving too much away..the ending is all over the place..not in his favor:( Mcintrye's story is LONG and I found myself getting lost in the details..and not in a good way. Very wordy (reason for the 4 stars). I did read in her blog that she's working on a second book. Very excited to read more about Kelly and my favorite demon;)
on November 17, 2013
I like this author but was disappointed by this book. I Literally had to stop reading it for a few days at a time because I was so irritated by Keely, the main character. She was by far one of the more selfish main characters that I have encountered, and she actually made me disgusted. I guess some could argue that the book was well written due the emotions that were evoked in me, but I really couldn't stand her and her constant self-pitying. If she'd just been targeted with physical violence, I would have been wholeheartedly behind sympathizing with her, but then she consistently betrayed all of those willing to give their lives for her. Seriously? Telling one guy she loved him as she rushed off to go tell the same to another and get physically involved? Being "in love" with three different guys only undermined any faith in her emotions. Aside from the ending, which just proved that Keely has no consideration for anyone's feelings but her own immature ones, I think the part that irritated me the most was that the true good guy in the story, who we were all rooting for, was the one left in the dark. Also, the style of writing was a little inconsistent, with the first half of the book engaging in Nick's perspective while during the second half, he was all but forgotten and, except for two pages at the very end, his perspective eliminated. At least it was clear as to why Keely had such poor depth of character, upon viewing her mother.
on October 4, 2012
This book was amazingly good! I had a hard time putting it down right from the beginning. It needs to have a sequal though...I really want her and Asmoday to be together, and think that Bryon's "prophecy" could be something like that...he takes her on the "date" but really it is Asmoday that they see??? Give me more!!
on June 26, 2014
I did NOT enjoy this book. Struggled to finish it, hoping it would get better. I then realized I had wasted hours of valuable reading time on the worst book I had read in years. Lame characters, ridiculous story and plot, infuriating ending!!!!
on June 17, 2013
I really enjoyed this book, how it was written, the characters and the humor.

The only negatives *spoiler alert* is that there are 3 guys she's in love with when you really want to follow just one story to the end. The fight scenes were a little gory for my taste and I didn't want it to end hehe but other than that I enjoyed it.

Looking forward to the next one!