Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

Morgan has always trusted Cal completely. After all, he's her soulmate, her one true love, isn't he? But in his defense, she may have killed a man - Hunter, who had told Morgan that Cal practiced dark magick and was using her to accomplish his goals. Cal tells Morgan that she did the right thing, but she is beginning to believe that her trust in him may be misplaced. Sky, Hunter's cousin, accuses Morgan of helping Cal and his mother to fulfill their evil plans. And when Hunter turns up alive, and confronts Morgan, she begins to question everything Cal has ever told her. Morgan wants to believe Cal, but how can she ignore the magickal feelings she's getting, feelings that tell her to stay as far away from Cal as possible? I was shocked by the many unexpected plot twits and the startling revelations in this book. I can't wait to read the next book in this thrilling series.
on June 22, 2001
I have really enjoyed reading the sweep series by Cate Tiernan. I could hardly wait to get my hands on Dark Magick...and it was worth the wait. I thought the book was a great page turner, and I could not put it down because I had to know what would happen next! I hated the story ended too soon, and I hope there will be a next installment. Morgan is a great character who has to learn to trust herself, instead of relying so much on Cal. Without spoiling the ending, I can't wait to find out what happens next with Cal and Morgan and Hunter, especially. Hopefully, Morgan and Bree will become friends again and Morgan will continue on the right path to use her gifts for good, instead of evil.
on August 11, 2001
Hunter had tried to hurt Cal. He had tried to take him into the council. Cal had used magick against Morgan. He had restrained her from interfering. Morgan doesn't know who to trust... except Cal. But even that trust is wavering, even though they are muirn beatha dans...right? Now things are happening. Hunter is dead. Morgan and Cal did it, even though it was in self-defense. Morgan must rely on her magick and her mother's Book of Shadows as she tries to get more knowledge in magick. As she goes to Practikal Magick, she discovers Hunter isn't dead, and she must trust him more than she trusts Cal. And the truth comes out, but is it what Morgan wants to know? Is Cal really using her? Tricking her for his mothers sake and to get her magick in a game where nothing matters but power? And is the circle, Kithic, the one Bree is in and being led by Sky really evil?
I think they have two different versions of this cover, cause mine has only one face on it and the cover for awakening has this cover, too. But the writing says dark magick, so I don't know.
on June 14, 2004
I purchased the Sweep series for my 13 year old daughter in the hopes that maybe she would read. "She hated to read." Well I was amazed, and could not get her to go to sleep, as she would spend the whole night, with a night-light on reading these books. She enjoyed them so much, and could not stop talking first about Cal and then Hunter, that I had to see what all the fuss was about.
Well after two weeks, a book a day, for a girl who hated to read, it sparked my curiosity, so I started reading, and was surprised to find out how enjoyable a Teen book about Teen Witches could be. I am not really into Wicca, but these books are really enjoyable. I am on my fifth book, and my daughter read each twice, and is know on the Circle of Three Series. I have to highly recommend these books to those parents who can not get their daughters to read. These are excellent stories, full of fantasy, horror, and fun.
on October 13, 2013
Dark Magick is the fourth book in which kids are learning about Wicca. Megan has just turned 17 years old and she thinks that she may have killed someone by accident and is trying to deal with that along with fighting with her boyfriend Cal.
on September 25, 2013
Like every book in this entire series, Cate Tiernan shows her brilliance for storytelling in a captivating read. I feel like if she had a better marketing team this series would have gone on to becoming a mega bestseller, because the story and the writing are dead on.
on December 22, 2015
Age Recommendation: 14 and up

Morgan has just assisted her boyfriend in murdering a man. Cal is gravely injured and Hunter is dead.

Morgan’s suspicions arise because, before being murdered, that he was a Seeker, sent from the Council of Witches, to bring in Cal and his mother for trial, for improper use of magic. Morgan had not believed him, but now, after seeing hidden rooms and reading her mother’s diary, she is not so sure he was wrong.

Later, Morgan meets Hunter who said that his cousin saved him from drowning after he had fallen off the cliff into the ocean. Morgan and Hunter then proceed to look into each other’s minds, revealing the secrets within. Morgan learns about Cal’s true intentions and Hunter learns that Morgan had no evil intent aside from saving her boyfriend, Cal.

Morgan also learns that Cal and his mother are part of an organization working to destroy all witches who are not part of their clan, Woodbane, and they want Morgan because she is a Woodbane princess and an extremely powerful witch. However, when Morgan confronts Cal about this new revelation, he proceeds to kidnap her, saying that he only wants what is best for her.

Will Morgan find a way to harness her powers and break free from the clutches of evil?

For the full review, and more young adult book reviews, visit [...]
on August 4, 2001
Who can you trust? This is the single question that plagues now seventeen year old Morgan Rowlands within 'Dark Magick' as she continues down her precarious road through Wicca. But now with the weight of Hunter Niall's murder on her shoulders and an omnious feeling of worse things to come.
Were you totally charmed with Cal Blaire? Did your gut wrench at the sight of Hunter, Sky or Bree's names? Well than prepare to be utterly (and pleasantly may I add) blown away.
Love, Hate, Trust and Betrayl. Its a twisted web that Cate Tiernan weaves in this fourth installment and I wouldn't have it any other way. Order the fifth book even before you've finished 'Dark Magick' because I assure you, the wait until August 6 is practically painful for me.
on July 16, 2001
This book is probably my all time favorite book . I recommend this book to any one intrested in mysteries, or fiction, and ecspecially witch stuff. I think that if you plan on reading this book you HAVE to read the first 3 Sweep books. The whole series is one continuing story. The books are great. The whole thing of Morgan realizing she's a witch is so awesome. All the things that she goes through give her so much character. It's so kool how interesting the author makes the books with all the Wicca stuff. I love the whole thing that she goes through with Cal, not that getting your heart broken is good, though it's very defferent and exciting. Some of things i can relate to. I love how you can never really guess whats going to happen next. It's a thrilling series that every one should read!
on April 14, 2013
For what it was, it was not bad and it was not good. Sort of like Wonder Bread, you eat it but never remember how it actually tastes. This is the same for all the books in this series. Like I said, it's for 12-14 year old girls.