Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-10 of 155 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on September 6, 2010
I love this series about the Carpathians and I really enjoyed this latest installment. Others have gone into detail so I will keep it short. I disagree with what has been said about the time Dominic and Solange spent together in the cave. Remember, Domonic volunteered for a suicide mission to save the Carpathians before he knew about his lifemate; their time together was short as Dominic had the daunting task of gathering information for the Prince and battling a large number of vampires alone. The odds were that Dominic would be killed in the battle therefore, I viewed the time he spent with Solange in the cave as their courtship and enjoyed that part of their story. And there is a little twist at the end that will keep the series interesting for readers in future books.
I do agree that the language used in the stories is distracting and if it disappeared I wouldn't miss it however don't let that stop you from enjoying the story of Dominic and Solange.
22 comments6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
I read this books a while a go. I am excitedly awaiting the next books to concould the story of Solonge and Domonic. When I read this books I was so sad that Dominic had ' injested the virus that would help him get close to the Evil One. I was then happy when she found out that she was his lifemate.
The book has it's very happy and exciting moments and also it had it's sad and realistic moments. To me the writing style stayed true to the Carpathian way. Christine Feehan has created a series of books that I have yet to find any to compare to. This book is not different! I could not stop reading it once I started.
She is a great author and I look forward to reading all of the rest of her novels in all the different series that she . But I just say that the Carpathian "Dark Series" is one of the books that that got me hooked on the Paranormal Romance novels. I read just one of her novels I have been hooked every since. She can not get the books out fast enough for me.
If you have read the entire series of the Carpathian people then this book is one of the best that she has written. That is if you know the entire history of her series.Dark Peril (Carpathian)

If you are a regular reader of her series then this is just a " MUST READ". It explains many important details that are in the following books. If you so not read this you will be lost in the future books.

I hope that this has been helpful to anyone that is thinking about buying this book. It is well worth the money. I was more than happy that I bought this book, just as I have been with all of her other books.
Hope you enjoy this book and all of her others also.
HAPPY HOILDAYS!!!:-*
on June 17, 2011
I almost missed this book. For some reason I was waiting for a new Feehan novel and I missed the release of this...initially. But when I got it I didn't stop reading it until it was done...which I think was about half the night. Loved the story line - I really felt the pain in the characters and can't wait for the next book.
on April 27, 2013
Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. Worth buying. Highly entertaining . Ms Freehan is such an imaginative and creative writer. She paints a colorful picture in her reader's mind and takes them into another world.
on January 27, 2011
This is another example of why Christine Feehan is one of the best paranormal romance authors. You will not want to put this book down once you start reading!
on September 6, 2013
i love the way that feehan writes. she brings a thrilling and passionate world to life and keeps you hooked to the very last word.
on September 3, 2010
This was such a beautiful story, I wish it could go on forever. Love surpasses everything, and I couldn't be more pleased with the latest installment from Christine Feehan. I, unlike a lot of others it seems, have loved Solange since I first read about her-she had to protect her heart and now we have some answers about why she was so "surly" all the time. Dominic and Solange give the world hope-that one can go through horrific events and still come out whole and learn to have a relationship. Dominic's willingness to wait for Solange to realize her own power as a woman and come to him was absolutely empowering. This is a perfect melding-Dominic and Solange just fit and Solange being willing to sacrifice herself so that Zacarias wouldn't turn, just for Dominic, to give him that gift was absolutely breathtaking; needless to say I was crying on and off from about page 30 until the end. This is a story about just how powerful love is and I wouldn't change anything about it! Way to go Christine!
on April 11, 2014
What a beautiful love story this one was.....both had accepted their fate of sacrificing themselves for their people. Dominic had long given up hope of ever having a lifemate of his own and ingests vampire blood so they would think he had turned and give him the information needed to help the carpathians ...Solange also coming to the end of her own battle to keep the jagua women safe is on borrowed time now that her father knows she still exists and has the powerful bloodline he wants .....it is a bittersweet moment for Dominic when he finds Solange and thinks he has no chance of claiming her due to the contaminated blood....fortunately though Solange has royal blood which in fact can fight the vampire blood and in time realise that her blood is much more......I loved this story....
on October 22, 2013
Loved loved loved the story. Great writing and awesome storyline. Can't wait to read the rest of the series. Awesome
on December 22, 2010
My title says it all...I have the Kindle version...read it a day...didn't get any sleep, but hey, LOVED THE BOOK!!!