Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Dark Souls - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 74% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Dark Souls - Xbox 360
|Price:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$25.00 (63%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Extremely Deep, Dark & Difficult - Unforgiving in its punishment, yet rewarding for the determined
- Explore a completely integrated world of dark fantasy where dungeons are seamlessly intertwined, with great height.
- Player success depends on their eventual mastery of how and when to use the magic spells, choice of armor
- Players may cross paths with one another, interacting with each other throughout the game even as each player plays their own game.
- As the player progresses, they must carefully choose which of their character's abilities to enhance as this will determine their progression style.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Enter a dark world filled with despair and threaded by hope where your ability to creatively strategize, learn and overcome unpredictable and unique challenges determines your fate. Dark Souls will demand your absolute concentration, unflinchingly punish your mistakes, but reward your ability to learn from death. Each challenge is a mind game met with endless combinations that will test your ability to creatively strategize a way to conquer unimaginable monsters and progress deeper into this bleak and forbidding environment filled with the un-dead.
Key Game Features
- Extremely Deep, Dark & Difficult – Unforgiving in its punishment, yet rewarding for the determined – learn to strategize freely and conquer seemingly impossible challenges. You will organically design your own gameplay style by developing your character and continuously trying different strategies to finally achieve successful progression.
- Fully Seamless World – Explore a completely integrated world of dark fantasy where dungeons are seamlessly intertwined, with great height.
- Mastery Earns Progression – Contains 60 hours of gameplay, with nearly 100 uniquely despair-inducing monsters & an incredibly nuanced weaponry & magic spells system, the effectiveness of which is determined by combat situation, fighting style and character attributes. Player success depends on their eventual mastery of how and when to use the magic spells, choice of armor, the number of weapons, the types of weapons, and the moves attached to the weapons.
- Network Play – Players may cross paths with one another, interacting with each other throughout the game even as each player plays their own game. Networked play allows users to cross paths with one another to enhance the single-player gameplay experience without destroying it.
- Flexible Character Development & Role Play – As the player progresses, they must carefully choose which of their character’s abilities to enhance as this will determine their progression style. Players can choose to play as a sword master and a wizard, for example.
- Community – See other real players and empathize with their journey, learn from seeing how others died, find and leave messages for your fellow players; helping them or leading them into death.
- Symbolic of Life & Hope – The Beacon Fire is an important feature of Dark Souls for many reasons. Though in gameplay it serves as a recovery and re-spawn point for players whose health gets low, it is also where players can emotionally share experiences with other players, and is the one place in the dark world where players can find a fleeting moment of warmth and calm.
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
This game, if given a chance, will consume you. You'll think about it constantly, think of ways to get better and will count the hours until you can play it again. Yes, it's difficult in the beginning. Most RPGs are, but this takes it to ridiculous levels of frustration at times. With that said, if you stick with it and level up I actual think it gets easier. However, some players may think it's too difficult, which is understandable. Everyone's tastes are different and if dying repeatedly and losing valuable souls forever that took you hours to accumulate doesn't sound like fun to you, then don't buy this game. I urge anyone on the fence about this one to rent it first. This is a unique gaming experience and it definitely wont appeal to everyone. I like it because I don't like to lose and when this game crushes my character with ease, I become all the more determined to pick up the controller and try again and achieve victory, because when you finally do, there's no better gaming experience!
Is there are story? Not really. Is it all just difficult combat? For the most part.Read more ›
After spending about 10 hours on the game, I eventually decided to trade it in. Contrary to what most people are probably thinking (and before any of you Dark Souls fan boys start bashing me), I didn't trade it in because of the insane difficulty. I traded it in because I am a new father and after playing the game for about 10 hours, I knew I would not have the necessary time and effort needed to complete this epic game. If you are a dedicated gamer like my friend, I salute you. There were plenty of moments in this game that left me with a terrific sense of accomplishment after completing a certain area or defeating a certain boss (asylum demon, gargoyles, taurus demon, etc.), but in the end, this game just wasn't for me.
One word of advice to anyone who is considering purchasing this game and has not done any research on it... DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT buy this game if you are susceptible to gamer rage, or if you are prone to getting frustrated very easily. This is not the type of game you buy if you want to relax and take your stress away.
* The level of character customization is ridiculous. There are plenty of classes to choose from and plenty of weapons, armors, spells, rings, etc. to equip on your character throughout the game.
* The unique multi-player experience is second to none. The ability to read messages left by other players helps tremendously, not to mention the fact that you can summon another player to help you defeat a difficult boss.Read more ›
After spending nearly eight hours on the first boss in Undead Burg, after doing the research, after grinding for levels and gear, I still can't manage it. I've come close twice (after nearly 20 attempts), but this game is just beyond my skill level. I'm a little older and have never been great at twitch games, so the blame is mostly mine. Just be aware of what kind of gamer you are and what you want out of a game before you harrow your soul with this game. You may end up weeping on the floor trying to unclench your dead fist from the controller. Good luck!
Now, is it a game you will actually want to play? That depends.
I'm sure that, if you're reading this review now, a year after the game has been released, you are most likely someone whose interest has been piqued due to A) the $19.99 budget price it's at now and/or B) it's near legendary status on the internet (wikis, forums, etc). You've heard that it's hard. You've heard that it doesn't hold your hand. You've heard that it's the hardcore answer to a gaming generation dominated by mindless shooters where you walk in a straight line as enemies line up to get shot by you and, if you get shot yourself, you just hide for awhile until your health regenerates (which, by the way, is exactly what happens in real life). You've read reviews that proclaimed it a modern classic of gaming, and also reviews where the reviewer didn't even give a score because he or she couldn't finish the game. Now you want to know if it's actually worth picking up. Should you give this $20 game a fair shot?
First off, you know how, if someone gives a new Zelda game a 7.0, the internet explodes because it's too low? Or if someone gives a game like Final Fantasy XIII a 9.0, the internet ALSO explodes because it's too high? I want you to know this about Dark Souls: every single review you read, whether or not the score is a 3 or a 9.5, is accurate. You can't say the game sucks on a technical or artistic level. It has way too much character, personality, and detail to be accused of being "phoned-in." The developers at From Software knew exactly what kind of game they wanted to make and they succeeded in making it. That is without question. The thing is, their vision was to create a game that doesn't care if you like it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I did not buy DS from Amazon, but I will leave this review of it here. If you are a determined gamer, get it; this game will test your patience and dedication. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Pointman9
A great challenge of a game. If you love challenge then this game is for you.Published 1 month ago by Cat
Super hard game, great graphics and overall great story, just really hard to beat some of the obstacles you come across.Published 1 month ago by Skye
Dark souls was a game that immediately caught my eye. Its very dark and grungy game it always made excited to what next boss you'll fight. Read morePublished 2 months ago by kat