Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on October 26, 2012
I read this series of books because I've been a fan of Rain's other books. These stories were not terrible, but they didn't move me either.

Cursed is the story of a man cursed by a witch for his part in the death of her granddaughter. There were some interesting ideas in the story, but I disliked the protagonist so much, I was hoping he would die at the end.

Ghost College is the story of a ghost debunking/removal team coming up against a haunting at a college. While it was an alright read with potentially interesting ideas it felt flat and uninspired.

The Vampire Club is a campy vampire novel which may have been a fun short story, but which grinds on with goofball, tiring cliches and characters. It was meant to be light and silly, but is short on real laughs. Again, hard to care about the characters.

Bad Blood is about a jaded vampire troubleshooter who gets dragged into a mildly Cthulu-esque plot. This story is the best of the bunch and worth the read.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend paying more than a buck for this set of stories.
on August 28, 2012
The first three novels are a waste of time. I don't know how multiple authors write a book, but the first three were trying to out cute themselves. It was like a one liner festival. The fourth novel in the collection was worth reading. The others are a waste of time. I have enjoyed J. R. Rain's books, but these are just too cute and monotonous. If you want to spend 6.99 on the fourth book it might be worth it, skip the front three. fredt
on October 7, 2012
I wanted to like these little books and pushed myself beyond the point where I was ready to give up but, alas, life is too short and there are simply much better books available. Decent premises and mildly amusing dialogue were not sufficient to overcome inadequate plot development, weak tension and a vain and bewildering attempt to include every supernatural meme and cliché in the genre. These stories could probably be saved with some professional help, but in their current form they are not up to the required standard.
on May 14, 2014
It was entertaining enough. I found some of the characters a little plastic. Trying too hard to be cool & just missing the mark. I did not like the gratuitous use of foul language. It did not add any necessary dimension to the characters.
But nice to read on a lazy Saturaday afternoon.
on September 21, 2012
I started reading JR Rain because they said "if you like Evanovich you will like Rain" - well I am here to tell you they were right, however to my pleasure, Rain writes a little more detailed and there is always a twist that you didn't expect. Well worth the read and money! J.R. Rain has made me love my Notepad and Kindle application!
on September 24, 2012
I try to read all that J.R. Rain has written as I adore his style. I read avidly and enjoy what he has written each time. I see his name and I know I will have a great story unfold. He is right there with the best of the best!
All of his stories I have purchased through Amazon.com .
on April 24, 2013
While I have enjoyed some of Mr. Rains works, these did nothing for me. Dry uninspired,been done before. The writing is fine, the stories are fine, the plots are fine, but there are a lot of better works available. Unless you are new to reading the types of stories offered here, skip these four and read something else.
on October 21, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy J R Rain's books they make for great reading BUT I was a little disappointed in the Dark Spells, I read them all but they didn't hold my interest as the others do.J R Rain is a fabulous author and I do love his books but I think I will keep to his single author books. Perhaps because I haven't read any books by the other author.....
on March 18, 2012
I really enjoyed reading this set!! I thought all of them were good but Bad Blood was the best one to me!!! What a twist!!! I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I did.
on January 13, 2014
I choose this rating because of the Awesome Reading !!! It has Four books in all & the price I liked a lot. I would recommend this to all my friends