5.0 out of 5 stars Best book in a long time!
Published on November 21, 2011 by Shawn Eggers

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok read
This book was a good read it kept me interested and wondering what was gonna happen next. It just didn't wrap up some characters it left it open I guess that't why there is a second book coming oh well for a free book it was good..
Published on December 15, 2011 by Jaylovestarr

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book in a long time!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Dark Visions (A Sarah Roberts Thriller, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
First off, just want to note that I never take the time to write reviews, but this time I wanted to give Jonas Saul the praise he deserves. Dark Visions was a recommendation from my Kindle when I finished a John Saul book. I was intrigued by the plot line and bought it for 99 cents! Bottom line, best read I have had in a long time. I read a lot of Koontz, Patterson, Connely, Coben... They were all starting to blend together. Pretty descent reads with lack-luster endings. Jonas Saul in my opinion hit a home run! I could not get enough! I love his seamless flowing style of writing along with the character development of Sarah Roberts. I purchased this in October and have already read: Dark Visions, The Warning, The Crypt, The Threat, and currently am reading Bad Vibes. All are fantastic reads! I usually do not read books this fast but I can honestly say I can't get enough. In my opinion, Jonas Saul is my favorite author out there! I highly recommend all his books, not just Dark Visions. If you jump on the bandwagon like I did, read Dark Visions, The Warning, The Threat (Drake Belamy book), and then The Crypt. The character flow works well that way. Can't wait for book 4 spring 2012. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awesome!, January 10, 2012
I found Jonas Saul as a recommendation from Amazon. After looking at the description for Dark Visions, I knew I had to read it. I devoured this book in two days (would have been quicker, but I had to work). Mr. Saul's writing style pulls you right into the story; the characters are extremely well written, and Sara is seriously kick a**. Instead of writing the main character as someone who is invincible, he writes her with flaws. That makes the story that much more real. Keep up the good work, Mr. Saul. I have become a fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!!!, August 12, 2012
Book 1 of a GREAT series starring Sarah Roberts as a young woman with a psychic gift allowing her to communicate with her sister who was murdered. Jonas Saul is a master of being able to keep the story fresh and intriguing.

Highly recommend the entire Sarah Roberts series by Jonas Saul. He is on track with John Saul, Dean Koontz, etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok read, December 15, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars I was hooked, September 20, 2012
Amazon got me hooked on this series and I have loved every minute of it so far. I downloaded a free Kindle version of another book in the Sarah Roberts series and quickly realized that I was not up to speed with the characters. So I checked and realized that I was reading the 4th book in the series. I bought (for only a couple of bucks) Dark Visions and loved the book. Because of this book, I bought and read the next book in the series and am now reading the third book. I have yet to even begin again on the 4th book. But Dark Visions started the series and what a good series it has been so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars First of three (or many, I hope), August 17, 2012
Very fast paced thriller. Sarah Roberts is an Automatic Writer, whose gift has enabled her to save women from kidnappers. Unfortunately this time she has put herself in the line of fire. She saved the victim, but was kidnapped in her place. Gert, Sarah's kidnapper, has become increasingly unstable since his brother was killed during the kidnapping attempt. He killed a cop that pulled them over, and he doesn't seem to have any qualms about killing anyone else who gets in his way. Sarah has gotten herself into a mess and only she can help herself out of it. There's a lot great characters in this story. Dolan, the psychic who's helping the police find her, Esmeralda, who warned Sarah she was in danger, Sam, the cop who is trying to save her. They all have a background story of their own. Some of them come out in this book, and some I think are being saved for the next in the series. We get a glimpse at Sarah's automatic writer, Vivian, Sarah's dead sister. I'm hoping we will see more of these characters in the next story. I, for one, will be reading it. Would I recommend this book to a friend? You bet!

5.0 out of 5 stars sara roberts series, November 28, 2012
A must read series . Well defined characters, on the edge of your seat action, compelling storyline. I found this while looking for Dean Koontz books and now Jonas has turned me into a huge fan. I can't wait for book 5. Warning though, he does use foul language but it doesn't ruin it, but helps define the character and set the mood.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an OK book, June 16, 2013
It starts off with her as a teen getting these criptic messages whenever she blacks out. I can understand being curious about a message like 'bring a hammer at..time...place..' finding a tragic accident she can help with. But after a few of these kinds of messages, always something bad about to happen, I don't know why this character doesn't open up to her parents. I get that she's affraid/doesn't trust cops; but these messages keep putting her in dangerous situations. Would a real teen keep this to herself and play secret hero? I did like the writing though. The story moved along well and I tried to guess what would happen next and be found myself surprised. I like when I'm wrong about the direction of a character, then it's not boring. I got the next book in the series as well which I'll rate the same 3 stars, it's ok. There are lots of books in this series (6 is it??), however I'm stopping at 2.
I get it, Sara is still around after each book and in each one she'll manage to save x number of people. What I am curious about though is how she handles her hair pulling. Is it mentioned in each book? What's her longest time without pulling. My 13 year old daughter just started this 2 months ago and I'm freaking out ( quietly of course because I can't cause her more stress).

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BOOK, October 26, 2011
We have an interesting lead character here, (with no love life since she pulls out all her hair).
This isn't a feel good book, but it is a page turner, making you want to read the next one in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series! Highly recommend!, December 11, 2012
Jonas Saul should be selling best sellers like Patterson, Straub, Koontz or John Saul. I literally did not want to do anything but read this books. They are great! I read the third book first so I had a little insight into what was happening but I would recommend this series to anyone who likes the authors previously mentioned. Highly Recommend!