Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Darkest Highlander: A Dark Sword Novel
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on July 18, 2014
I love this series and all the books by Donna Grant. The continuation of the storylines between her book series and the interaction of the characters is great. It makes you want to read the next book and the next book to follow the story. Donna blends the right mix of romance, action and paranormal activity into her books that make them all a wonderful read.
on February 13, 2012
I had a really hard time finishing this one. It seemed to drag on and on. I couldn't put the others down, but this one really seemed to me had been "edited to death" to the point I wasn't sure anymore that it was the same author. Her tone was completely different and it just didn't flow like the others. I was so looking forward to this one and then it just seemed like it didn't belong with the others...
on December 9, 2013
The story of the warriors and druids continue with Broc and sonya's story. Sonya is a strong heroine and a pleasure to read about. Her match, the strong silent type, Broc, is altruistic and honest despite his deeds. With her ever changing plot and subplots Donna Grant delivers again throughout the book and with an unexpected cliffhanger!
on July 18, 2013
This may be the last book in the Dark Sword Series but its all to clear the story will continue on in the spin-off series Dark Warriors for some time. Broc and Sonya's story was wonderfully written, the continuation of the overall plot line was great and the cliff hanger made you want to scream. I have loved this whole series and cant wait to dive into the first book of the Dark Warriors Series.
on September 6, 2013
I have read the whole Dark Sword series and I have yet to be disappointed. Broc and Sonya has had feelings for each other for a long time. Broc believes he is cursed. Good strong characters from previous books appear and give the story a great storyline.
Excellent read!
on September 6, 2013
Have followed since first book with characters starting in 1400's to current day and have enjoyed each book from this author so far....waiting to e-releases of newer versions. Enjoyed being taken back in time, author's great description of "lay of the land", surroundings and characters.
Just a really great read for enjoyment and escape...........
on February 6, 2015
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

darkest-highlanderEver since Broc saved Sonya and Anice as babies, he has made it his personal mission to watch over them and keep them safe, even while living in the evil mountain, Carin Toul, doing Deidre’s bidding. He failed Anice though, but he refuses to fail the beautiful Sonya! So when he discovers that she has left MacLeod Castle he wastes no time in using his power to find her. But convincing her to come back could prove more difficult.

The last book or two in the series have been leading up to a romance between Broc and Sonya, one I was really excited for, with all that pent up emotion and lust between the two. But somehow the execution fell a little flat for me. I didn’t ‘feel’ their connection is this book and found them to be a bit on the bland side.

In this book, we discovered Broc’s curse and I really thought it would play a bigger role in this novel than it did. It was mentioned, thrown out there for us all to see, it caused his reservations of the relationship with his fear of Sonya dying, and Sonya wanted to prove he wasn’t cursed … but she really didn’t. He decided he couldn’t live without her curse or not, it didn’t really feel like he overcame the curse though.

Sonya is just too much of a straight-shooter goodie-two-shoes for me to truly like. It overall just made her come out as bland and boring, not really having much of a personality to speak of. I also found her going into Carin Toul to save Broc to be really unrealistic. A smart person would get reinforcements first, and I think she is a planner and would definitely not go into a situation like that unprepared as she was. Then to actually save him. No, I just don’t think so.

We got to see the other characters in this series as well. Being a person who actually read the Dark Warriors series first, I finally got to see how Duncan’s demise came about and also the introduction of Declan. I just wish I could have enjoyed this book more, I felt like I was just going through the motions on this one. But good news for those reading the two series in order … it now switches to the Dark Warriors series, which I thought was much better than Dark Sword! Enjoy:)
on February 23, 2012
it just fell flat for me. It lacked the drama and spark that the other novels had. The characters had an easy time getting out of the bad situations. The ending for Broc and Sonya felt a little odd and rushed - almost like the author wanted to get to the teaser for the next series of novels...
on April 2, 2012
Another superb story from Donna Grant. One of the best writers of this generation. Her incredible ability to tell stories captivated my imagination and actually makes me feel that I was there "watching" scene by scene unfold.
on February 26, 2012
If you could only see through the computer screen as I was reading this, you would have seen a woman jumping up and down in her seat and hollering at the many different scenes that are portrayed throughout these pages. Darkest Highlander is one intense book, grabbing me from the very beginning and holding on until I turned the very last page. I have not read any of the Dark Sword Novels by Donna Grant, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I am now determined to do just that. This book has had a powerful impact on me and I have found another author to add to my growing collection of must read novels. I would like to sincerely thank Ms. Grant for bringing this outstanding story to my attention and sharing her marvelous gift with the world.

Danielle