5.0 out of 5 stars Cumulative Intrigue, November 29, 2008
This review is from: Darklore Volume 2 (Paperback) (Paperback)
As with Darklore I, I am a biased reviewer since I wrote one of the 15 stories in this book, but I challenge anyone to say that this is not a collection of very intriguing essays on paranormal matters.

My contribution is on pre-Raymond Moody near-death experiences. I give details of two of the most interesting NDEs on record, one of them by a physician who watched himself die.

Popular author Michael Prescott discusses the famous R-101 disaster, which is one of my favorite cases of mediumship. This article alone is worth the price of the book.

I liked parapsychologist Steven Braude's analysis of why so many mainstream scientists fear PSI and how they attempt to debunk evidential cases with shallow arguments. But this book has a little of everything. Editor Greg Taylor writes about how rock music is an attempt to transcend the intellect. Paul Devereux discusses psychedelics and withcraft in medieval Europe. There are interesting articles on everything from UFOs and the Loch Ness monster to the Crystal Skull and Mothman.

If you missed Darklore I, check out the reviews on that one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Badass, February 6, 2010
This review is from: Darklore Volume 2 (Paperback) (Paperback)
An unbiased look into the unexplained. From the occult to the mothman and others. Hard to put down. Definitely badass in my book of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overlooked gem of a book series..., November 11, 2009
J. Hirth (Somewhere, ME USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Darklore Volume 2 (Paperback) (Paperback)
Having bought the first volume, and enjoyed it, I naturally had to get the second one too.
I am suprised at the stories recounted in both books and also alot of the theories of strange phenomena.
I have been interested in the paranormal since I was a kid and have read so many books on the subject, its nice to read some new
material for a change.
I highly recommend this book and the first, and I plan on getting the rest of the volumes also.
Its thought provoking material and makes you see things in a different view from what you may be used to.
All the authors that contribute seem to be very well versed in the weird undercurrent that some people overlook.
I would love to go into detail about some of the things talked about but I don't want to spoil anything for
those who have yet to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended to lovers of Forteana, March 9, 2013
This review is from: Darklore, Vol. 2 (Hardcover)
A well researched collection of different areas of fringe phenomenon. If you like Strange Magazine, or Fortean Times, you'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, February 18, 2010
This review is from: Darklore Volume 2 (Paperback) (Paperback)
I've read Vol 1 and 2, really good reads. Some of these topics discussed within the book I didn't want to end. Some are just mind bending. 'DMT and Magick' was one of my favorites. I'll be getting Vol 3 and 4 for sure.

Darklore Volume 2 (Paperback)
Darklore Volume 2 (Paperback) by Greg Taylor (Paperback - November 1, 2008)
$13.95
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies