Customer Discussions > Darksiders - Xbox 360 forum

Darksiders on XBOX360 issue.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2010 3:22:38 PM PST
J. Andujar says:
Has anyone else had a problem with this game crashing in the very beginning of the game while playing it off the hard drive? Game seems to run fine from disc but crashes when running from the HD. My system is the 250 Gig Modern Warfare system. Any input is appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2010 4:15:13 PM PST
blu-steel says:
I got the same exact system you have and am running off the hard drive and haven't had any issues. I wonder if your settings under the video options are out of wack.

Posted on Jan 7, 2010 4:30:27 PM PST
twztid13 says:
got 120gb elite from nov '08 & runs fine off hdd (except the screen tearing & framerate issues- but plays fine). id call MS customer service and ask if others have same problem with hdd for the MW consoles & how are u supposed to know this wont happen again down the road- might be defective & send u a new hdd since u certainly cant switch out in retail store. sucks man. good luck.

Posted on Jan 7, 2010 8:20:48 PM PST
J. Andujar says:
I forgot to mention that Ive already filled that drive up to the point of only having 134 gigs left. I got ot to run for a little more, but I just noticed that Tekken 6 on my hard drive froze up as well, gona call MS in the morning and post their response. Seems like a hang in the read time from the 250gb drive once you fill the drive up past a certain point. Thanks for the replies.
xbox360 & ps3 gamertag- syxx8psycho

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 6:35:46 PM PST
twztid13 says:
the game froze up on me @ 6 different times from my last post till yesterday when i beat it. i saved like every few mins after the 1st time & i completely forgot about this thread when it kept happening. i tried not to repeat the situation i was in when it froze & that seemed to work until sev gameplay hours later when itd happen again.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 9:27:42 PM PST
J. Andujar says:
Update: Microsoft said it was an issue with my hard drive, but not due to the game. It seems that some of the 250gb hard drives are defective and MS is sending me a new 250gb hd free. Downside is that it will take about 2 weeks. If anyone else has a problem with their 250 hd shorting out, just call Microsoft to get your free replacement. Thanks for all the input people :)

Posted on Feb 11, 2010 2:35:50 PM PST
D. Zhao says:
@ J. Andujar how do u plan to transfer data from ur defective 250GB to the new one? I'm new to xbox 360, i'd like to know when i need to do this in the future. also some game data cannot be transferred between profile.. is it normal or just the game (Forza 3) i have is like this?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2010 6:14:12 PM PST
J. Andujar says:
Just before the drive failed I grabbed a few of my saves and transferred them to a memory card I had. I know some items can only be "moved" not copied, but I haven't ran into anything I couldn't. I'm guessing some games that have a ranking system use a sort of copy protection so unlocked items and stats cant be shared so people don't cheat. But that's slowly becoming futile as gamers who have a good amount of computer knowledge have now started editing their game saves and profiles via PC, just youtube "Game save hacking" to see what I'm talking about.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 11, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Darksiders - Xbox 360
Darksiders - Xbox 360 by Nordic Games (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (187)