Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 7, 2010
I have problems with my cold feet. My entire body can be warm but for any strange reason my feet seem to remain cold.

I tried different kind of socks and I didn't notice much change. Then I decided to go to the extreme and looked for thick merino wool socks. The result is complete comfort and finally, warm feet. I wear them both, to go out either with normal walking shoes or snow boots and at home with my slippers.

They run a bit tight. If your shoe size is close to the top of the size range of this product, I recommend you to buy the next size. Remember that if they are too tight, bad circulation might make your feet cold too.
44 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2011
I don't get the negative reviews.

Sizing - I wear an 11.5 shoe, so I ordered Large socks in accordance with the manufacturer sizing chart. They fit perfectly.

Comfort - they're like fleece gloves for your feet! I think maybe the folks that are complaining about the fit have maybe never had socks that hugged their feet like these do? If you're familiar with premium socks like Thor-lo and Smartwool, you know what I'm talking about. There are elastics that hug and support your arch and a defined heel cup that prevents these socks from shifting around in your boot.

I wear these socks with my Red Wings in warmer weather - they wick great and actually help keep your feet dry. For cooler weather, try the Darn Tough Merino Wool Boot Sock Full Cushion - it's a winner too!
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2008
Two weeks 5 National Parks, these socks held up and are still like new. They are easy to clean and dry on the trail, wick well and give very good cushioning. They are as good as Smart Wool but at a better price.
on February 5, 2011
Darn tough makes the best socks. They are guaranteed for life, they are warm, they wick away sweat when you're working. I work as a fisherman, in waterproof boots for sometimes more than 20 hours a day. Rubber boots do not breath well and I can not find a sock that keeps my feet more comfortable than these. I have about 20 pairs for extended trips. I wear them year round in Alaska. They do well in winter too my feet are comfortable in tennis shoes in temperatures far below zero. They breathe, wick sweat, don't start working their way down scrunching up in your boot, and they look great. These socks are so comfortable they are the only ones I can accidentally fall asleep in. But be careful to make sure you're not drying them on high heat!!!! They will smell funny for a little while and get discolored if you do.
on December 29, 2014
Darn Tough socks are the best socks I have owned.

Darn Tough vs. Smart Wool: After a winter's worth of wearing a pair of Smart Wool socks (with my Frye boots), the Smart Wool socks were worn thin on the heel and, to a lesser extent, the sole. I literally wore them out.

Darn Tough vs. Kirkland: I bough a pair of wool boot socks (Kirkland, which is Costco's store brand) and these held up very well over the course of a winter. They started to wear thin in the heel, but nothing drastic.

My Darn Tough socks have been 1/2 through a winter and still seem to be the same as they were when I got them. What really seems to put Darn Tough over the top (vs the Kirkland) is the 100% guarantee they give you. In addition, I have a pair of Darn Tough running socks that I wear everyday (and run 3.5 miles in, everyday) and they are like-new after over a year's use. I expect these Darn Tough socks to perform roughly the same.

Overall, I'd give Smart Wool (on a 10 point scale) a 5, the Kirkland a 8.5 and the Darn Tough a 9.
on February 18, 2013
I've gone through over ten pair or other marino wool blended socks (Smart wool, Genius, etc.) but never a pair of these. And if I would, there's an unconditional lifetime warranty. What's not to love? Oh and they're wonderfully soft, and hold up to harsh laundry washes.
on February 1, 2009
I wanted to buy some boot socks made in the USA if possible and this is one of several I tried. These are made out of merino wool. They are crew length which is an inch shorter than their regular boot sock. These are the "cushion" version which have extra thickness in heel. They also make a "full-cushion" sock. I wear these with boots like the Danner Explorer which is also made in the USA and highly recommended. Please read my review of the Darn Tough Nordic ultra-light for more information. Bottom line, wool is good and so are these socks.
on April 27, 2015
What can you say about a $20 pair of socks. I bought them for hiking, which I have done once, briefly. A short afternoon hike on a camping trip that I wore these for two days. Loved them. They kept my feet dry, cushioned, and comfortable. They stayed up great on my huge calves, so that is a plus. Haven't really put them to the test but I expect them to perform great no matter what. Are they worth all the extra money? Time and true testing will tell. You could probably get by with something that costs a lot less, but if you can afford a pair, give them a shot. I did!
on January 29, 2015
While these socks are the most comfortable socks I've ever worn, I purchased the X-Large size and it was a little snug. I wear a size 13 shoe and it took me some effort to get these suckers on. After wearing them for a few hours they seem to have stretched a little. Then again all new socks I buy have this flaw. Don't let this stop you from buying these socks. They are worth it. Then again you could just return them if they really are to small.

Other than that they're perfect.
on March 13, 2016
These socks are wonderful. Fit as expected but they tend to lean towards the larger size in their range. I wear 10.5 shoes and the size large 10-12 socks are probably closer to an 11.5, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Just this weekend I developed a large blister while wearing wool army socks and combat boots. At lunch swapped on a pair of Darn tough socks and had no problem for the rest of the day. The blister was padded and gave me very little problem or pain.

I intend to buy many more pairs of Darn Tough socks.