5.0 out of 5 stars The best socks you can buy!
Darn Tough makes the best wool socks you can buy. I've tried all of the top brand, and Darn Tough are clearly the longest-wearing, most comfortable socks you can buy. A pair a Darn Tough socks can easily last as long (or longer) than 10 pairs of Smartwool.
Published on March 15, 2010 by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars Darn Tough, Not Darn Warm
I'm still trying to break the code for buying Darn Tough socks. Light cushioning seems to mean imperceptible cushioning. These socks, of the several styles I've tried, just are not very warm. Since winter is the only time I wear socks, although I love the idea of lifetime socks, they're just not warm enough for woolen socks.
Published 16 months ago by Jan Williams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best socks you can buy!, March 15, 2010
Dan (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Darn Tough, Indeed. But Warm...., August 23, 2012
These socks are excellent, but I would not recommend them for heavy sweaters or warm weather. They have held up under harsh demands as I've used them in the field as an infantry officer. If you're looking for pure durability, these babies are the way to go. As long as you're not a heavy sweater that is....

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, durable, warm, breathable., February 13, 2011
I wash them in Ivory Snow (tip from Ibex), and sometimes with a little lanolin. I line-dry mine. They don't really shrink very much at all (like most modern merino), don't stink, are very comfortable, non-itchy, and extremely durable. My favourite socks--better than anything I've tried from Smartwool, REI, Rohner, Bridgedale. Icebreaker may be as good, but so far it looks like Darn Tough is going to end up being slightly more durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect socks, April 21, 2012
Petey! (San Antonio, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I bought 4 pairs of these socks to try out at work. I travel around 90% of my time at work so packing light and bringing stuff that I can easily clean in a hotel room is of paramount importance. These socks are dry by the next morning after I clean them so I can bring half the number of socks with me.

I'm sold and I'll be ordering another 6 or so pairs. These socks are worth every penny. If I ever wear them out they will send me new ones too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks - fairly thick, February 11, 2013
J. Erlich "Dr. J" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
These socks are good and comfortable. But they are thick - by design - so keep that in mind if your shoes are on the tight side.

5.0 out of 5 stars My feet have never had it so good, May 31, 2013
I found this brand of socks at a Marshalls discount store once and liked them so much I went back to buy more but found they were all gone. So I paid the full price here on Amazon for some more because even though they're expensive they're worth it. The ones I bought have been washed and dried many times yet they still look and feel like new. These are the first socks I've bought that really do prevent my feet from sweating, Winter or Summer. My feet have never had it so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are simply the best..., July 22, 2012
This review is from: Darn Tough Vermont Merino Wool Standard Issue Crew Cushion Sock (Apparel)
I've gone through a lot of socks in my life, including nice merino socks, and these by far are the best I've worn. They fit well, are very durable, don't make my feet sweat or stink nearly as much, and look good. I can't recommend them highly enough. On top of that, they have a wonderful staff working for them, have a great return policy, and are made in the US. Well worth the $20.00 or so. I have seven pairs and couldn't be happier with any other sock. That's it.

5.0 out of 5 stars There no word to decript them ......King of the Socks, January 25, 2013
Darn Tough Socks are the best socks for me. I have tried all the major brands. Smartwool , Wigwam, Throlo, Keens, Foxriver, Goldtoe , and the toe socks but I have promised myself to not buy any sock but Darn Tough from this day forward. The DT's are warm , soft and comfortable. They are well worth the price. Another plus is they a made in the USA.

3.0 out of 5 stars Darn Tough, Not Darn Warm, December 1, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent high quality, darn-tough socks, December 6, 2012
Once upon a time I bought my socks while in the UK at M&S. They sold high quality lamb wool socks that would last on average 5 to 7 years. Recently the quality dropped, so they wore out in under one year. I tried Lands End wool socks and the same thing happened, plus the fit was not as good. I find cotton socks hot, sweaty, uncomfortable to wear after a few months, and wear away in less than one year. These are amazing socks, great fit, hard wearing, and leave your feet feeling comfortable whether its a day at the office or a day long hike in the wilderness.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›