Darn I already bought the DVD version.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 19, 2011 4:36:34 PM PDT
J. Richter says:
I still want this though.

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 6:47:17 AM PDT
J. Leard says:
Some of the DVDs, especially the earlier ones, leave a lot to be disired. I wonder how good the earlier seasons could possibly look.

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 12:32:14 PM PDT
Indy Eddy says:
Does anyone know if seasons 1-3 of the blu release will be all widescreen, like season 4 is on DVD?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2011 12:25:32 AM PDT
Thomas R. says:
Only Season 4 and The Peacekeeper Wars were filmed and processed in widescreen format. Seasons 1 - 3 were filmed and processed in 4:3 format. Turning them into widescreen would require to cut strips on top and/or bottom of the picture. I'd rather keep the 4:3 format than have parts of the image cut off.

But I'm wondering if this is actually a new HD transfer or just an upconverted version of the old DVD transfers.

And what is about a Blu-ray release of The Peacekeeper Wars?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2011 7:04:04 AM PDT
From what I've heard from some of my friends in the online Blu Ray/DVD community, the FS set will get the same sort of treatment the Firefly set got. The episode for season 1-3 should be remastered, but the digital effects will simply be upscaled due to the fact that they were rendered in 480p. Season 4, which was made with HD in mind, should get the full BD treatment though.

What I really want to know is, when the hell are Lionsgate going to put The Peacekeeper Wars out on BD here in the US.

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 12:26:25 AM PDT
Rick says:
You can get The Peacekeeper Wars on BD in Germany, but I heard it's a bad transfer.

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 9:25:33 AM PDT
Thomas R. says:
The German Peacekeeper Wars BD is not a new transfer at all. They just upscaled the DVD transfer and filtered it to death. It's actually worse than the PAL (region 2) DVDs which look quite OK in a upscaling DVD or BD player.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011 1:02:37 PM PDT
i sure want to get it . i was wonder . will they show the extend scene shown in season two but not on dvd . then later aired edited again .

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 5:31:21 PM PDT
Thomas R. says:
A more detailed description of the Farscape Blu-ray release can be found here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Farscape-The-Complete-Series/15891#ixzz1XCwS6uqC

In essence: it is an upscale from the PAL masters. But since Brian Henson has given his approval to this release I'm pretty confident that the result is much better than the hack job of an upscale that was done to the Peacekeeper Wars for the German Blu-ray release.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 7:41:51 AM PST
Brandy Swan says:
What I'd really like to know is if it has anything more than the Starburst editions, other than the new documentary, Memories of Moya.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about