Customer Discussions > Set the Night on Fire forum

Dar's relationships

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 16, 2011 2:24:57 PM PST
Did anyone else feel that Dar's relationships moved a bit too quickly? If I were Cece or Lila I can't imagine that I would have been so embracing of Dar if all I knew about him was that he had been in prison for 40 years. They seemed to just welcome him with open arms.

Also, did anyone feel like Lila's quick acceptance of Dar was slightly disrespectful to the memory of Casey?

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 9:37:23 PM PST
That is true, but remember, Dar had the same effect on women 40 years ago as well. It would appear that he is one of those men that women just gravitate toward.

As for Lila, disrespecting Casey, I don't agree. She had just lost her father and was feeling lost. And she didn't just accept him, but she did see that he had answers that she wanted and needed.

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 2:20:06 AM PST
I def. agree that Dar seemed to be that "ladies" man that women just seemed to gravitate towards. I just thought it was odd that Lila was so quick to accept that Dar was her father with no hesitation. I know that she mentioned always having a feeling of not belonging to Casey but it still seemed awfully sudden to me. When Lila found out that Phillip's wife had sent a letter to Lila regarding the inheritance, I immediately thought "Uh oh. Dar's not what he seems. He just wants Lila's fortune" but that thought never crossed her mind. Maybe I'm just a more cynical person that her.....

As for the disrespect for Casey, I just didn't like that by the end of the book she was referring to Dar as "dad". She knew him all of what, a few days? Like I said, maybe I'm just too cynical and wouldn't be willing to accept things as is without some sort of questioning.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 12:18:41 PM PST
Dar did save her life.....

Posted on Feb 28, 2011 9:28:02 PM PST
Barbara Lane says:
re dreamsgate says:
"That is true, but remember, Dar had the same effect on women 40 years ago as well. It would appear that he is one of those men that women just gravitate toward."

We do see some men that doesn't matter if they are ugly or messily dressed they are women are drawn to them like magnets. Dreamgate I wouldn't have put the answer better myself!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 16, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Set the Night on Fire
Set the Night on Fire by Libby Fischer Hellmann
4.5 out of 5 stars   (47)