Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dashlane Password Manager
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 23, 2013
I've been with this app from the beginning and it's undergone some major changes (all for the better). No more 'points' for opening up additional options in the free version and an entirely new user interface.

My favorite part about this app, is that Dashlane doesn't have access to my information. Yes, they keep the data, but it's encrypted even from them. Unless you have the master password, good luck trying to hack it.

Next is the fact that they synchronize data to every platform and device you use. This means that my wife and I keep the same (and automatically updated) list of passwords and secure notes by using the same account. No matter who adds or changes information, the other person is always using the most recent information.

There are other great features like automatic website login, and automatic entry of other (e.g. financial) information, and 90%+ of the time Dashlane is intuitive enough to match up the correct fields.

Complimenting the app are PC (download) and web based versions of the Dashlane service. At work, I use the web based via Chrome app - at home I have the full PC version. In the web based, you can only view (not edit). In the PC and Android app version, you have full control over all information. The only other difference is in this Android app: auto-entry must be performed within Dashlane's own web browser. On the PC version, Dashlane has plugins for most popular browsers.

The other item worth mentioning is the difference between free and paid. As far as I know, there is no separate paid version of this app, but there is a way to make payment through the app for premium features. Unless they've changed, the free version still allows you unlimited passwords and limited notes. So if you're only looking for strictly password management, I highly recommend this app to you and yours. Plus, you're on Amazon if you're reading this and can take it for a test drive anyway.

Hope this helps you decide.
Cheers!
33 comments| 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2014
I originally signed up for this app without going premium, to evaluate it's convenience, accuracy, completness, and security. I will admit that I was impressived with it's ease of use, especially when completing demographic information on forms, and the advantage of autofill on usernames and passwords. This app also includes a wallet and personal information in addition to a password manager. Very handy, right? I thought so too until I signed up for the premium edition to get the sync ability for all my devices. Dashlane failed. The app would sync sometimes, autofill sometimes, but most of the time, it did nothing and I have to complete the info myself. And I paid Premium??? Tried contacting Dashlane and NO response. I would NOT recommend this app. Keep Looking.
3333 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2014
I absolutely love this on my laptop. I don't know what I would do without it. But when I put it on my Kindle expecting the same experience, it is a complete waste of time. I just haven't got around to removing it yet.
on December 27, 2013
There are various apps to remember and keep your passwords but I think Dashline and LastPass are the best. And almost equal. Both work fine with PC and Fire and have pros and cons. LastPass has cleaner interface, integrates directly with browser (if you sideload Firefox or Dolphin), but to use android version you should be a premium user. Dashline is free, you can use it after trial period as well, BUT have to pay for cross-platform synchronization, otherwise, if you add new pass to PC version, should manually add the same to android one, or just use export/import feature.
There are some other differences as well. If you are looking for password keeping app, check and compare both and make your decision after.
Myself, I use Dashline. But that's matter of taste. LastPass is great as well.
11 comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2013
We all tend to use easy-to-remember passwords, and frequently use the same ones repeatedly for a wide variety of websites that require a log-on. With Dashlane you can set up very strong passwords for each individual website, using a crazy mixture of numbers, letters and characters that nobody can crack (nor can you remember them!) but Dashlane does remember them and logs you in automatically.

It will also store all your debit card and credit card details, and when you are shopping in line and click into a card payment box, Dashlane will display images of all your cards; you then click on the one you want to use and it fills in all the security details for you.

The only downside is that the program doesn't work very well for online banking sites because they tend to use two or three stage authentication processes, involving perhaps, username, password, memorable word, and possibly asking you to enter e.g., the first, fourth and seventh, character of your password, sometimes with the use of the mouse. Under these conditions, Dashlane is not much help (perhaps understandably). (This is the only reason I give it 4 stars rather than 5.
on December 13, 2013
Does a good job of syncing with all devices, tablet, PC and cell. Mostly asks if I visit a new site if I want to add the ID and PW to my files - but not always. Also, sometimes does not place these into the login. But, so far I am please with the way it works.
on February 12, 2014
I signed up for Premium in order to sync my laptop passwords to my Kindle. However, I was unable to get the two to sync and tried to resolve this with their support staff. They have no phone number to call and so I had to tweet (?!) or email. Their email replies were pathetic, they forgot to attach a screenshot, they only sent me to an article that I had already read. This happened twice. I cancelled my subscription after 2 days. However, I do like Dashlane on my laptop -- it's just that it doesn't sync to my Kindle.
on December 13, 2013
I wanted a simple to use and easy to learn app just to store and remember my multiple passwords. I tried several apps but only this one fulfilled the dual role of ease of use and yet secure enough to give me peace of mind .
on February 24, 2014
I downloaded this from the Dashlane site. It is the free, evaluation version for a desktop (I haven't tried the app for phones or tablets.). Well, my eval is...it stinks. I loaded it up and started going to sites that require a password. It stored and managed about 5 just fine. Once my storage requests went past 5 though, Dashlane began to slow down when I logged in. I'd enter my master password, it would log n and launch the dashboard however, if I didn't wait for 3- 4 minutes for it to catch up, it didn't do ANYTHING. My browser opens to Gmail. At first, Dashlane would automatically log into Gmail and I was cool. NOW, it doesn't do anything unless I let it "warm- up" and begin to work. Now, I have to wait. Pish on that noise. Bye bye Dashlane. I'll add a few scheckles to my Webroot subscrip and use that one.
on December 28, 2013
Forced to accept 30-day trial to access the program. This led to nearly 2 hours of trying to cancel that -- through Mayday, amazon apps assistant, unimaginable loops that repeatedly asked me to login and never got me to the screen to cancel. Then I was blocked from removing it, again repeated logins, security codes, etc. NEVER could just get to use the "free app."

May be a great program; I'll never know.