4.0 out of 5 stars PDF Producer is an excellent product.
Published on November 2, 2003 by Stewart B. Leavitt

1.0 out of 5 stars lack of support
I installed the product on XP machine. Every boot I get dialog boxes about my new found hardware - printer. Tried remove / reinstall, same.
Published on August 1, 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars PDF Producer is an excellent product., November 2, 2003
This review is from: PDF Producer (CD-ROM)
After seeing the bad reviews, I almost didn't purchase PDF Producer. However, I called Data Becker (during normal business hours at 617-614-0600) and, with very little trouble, got a live person on the phone who answered all of my questions and allayed my concerns. Two good hints: It only works with Win 2000 or XP (as it says right on the specs); and, it's important to close ALL programs (including printer software) running in the backgroun before loading.
PDF Producer loaded flawlessly in a few minutes on my Windows XP system with MS Office 2003. It works just like any other printer driver, and I personally like the idea that it doesn't intimately integrate with other programs (such as putting an icon on the task bars) -- if something does go wrong with PDF Producer my other programs are still in business.
The product works excellently -- making PDF files of anything that can normally be printed. The PDF Producer settings needed a bit of tweaking to get the quality and file size I wanted, and this was easily done following the built-in help screens or the manual that came with the retail package.
PDF Producer doesn't have all the functionality of Adobe Acrobat, but at about 1/6 the price it is a very cost-effective solution for turning just about anything into a basic PDF.

1.0 out of 5 stars lack of support, August 1, 2003
This review is from: PDF Producer (CD-ROM)
Several requests for support to Data Becker have went unanswered. They do not care. They are selling (what is to me) a defective product and they do not care. They have my money and they will not support my product purchase. They do not care.
You must never purchase Data Becker products. You must never allow your family or friends to purchase Data Becker products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, July 8, 2003
Hard Drives Full Of Software (Ventura, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDF Producer (CD-ROM)
If you need or want to create PDF (Portable Document Format) files this is a great product. It's easy to install and it just works. I was able to create several pdf documents using MS Word an Excel with embedded graphics within two minutes. It really is that easy to use. Before you spend the extra money on Acrobat, try PDF Producer.
By the way, you need Windows 2000, XP Home or Pro to run PDF Producer. It will not work on a Win 98SE or lower system. I am running it on a XP Home machine and it works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars PDF Producer, No better Product for the price!, May 18, 2005
This review is from: PDF Producer (CD-ROM)
PDF Producer is the best product in its class for the price charged. Virtually no technical knowledge is necessary for it to work exactly as advertised. Despite a few comments to the contrary, PDF Producer works on all versions of Windows XP which have been updated as Microsoft suggests. ON 50 plus PC's with all versions of Windows XP, there have been no configuration issues whatsover.

It seemlessly creates the current standard PDF document which is compact and virtually can be read by anyone with a PDF reader on their computer.

This product is far easier to use than any other product in its class and I have tested several.

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems here, September 3, 2003
discooby "discooby" (las vegas, nv United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDF Producer (CD-ROM)
I have not had any of the problems (so far) as the other reviewers of this product (I must have a newer version, though I can't find a version number anywhere). I am running Win XP Professional and it was easy to load. It's also easy to use, except I wish it had its own icon in the tool bar of each Windows application (i.e., word) instead of going to the print button. But, it's cheaper than the Acrobat Professional and it does just what I need. I'm happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for me., April 27, 2004
This review is from: PDF Producer (CD-ROM)
Okay, it's april 2004 and I just found out a couple weeks ago that the Data Becker company appears to have gone under.
That is probably why so many other reviewers expressed problems with tech support.
So, while I have had good luck with this product, your situation may be different.
Therefore, I would NOT buy it, unless you can get it at a clearance price.
I have bought and now own about 10 different Data Becker titles.
Most were bought at clearance prices.
But ALL products I got from Data Becker have worked GREAT for me.
So sad to see another Deutsch company gone under.
Just goes to show that good products do not guarantee success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 18, 2004
This review is from: PDF Producer (CD-ROM)
I don't have much to say, except the negative commments are all wrong. Windows XP, handled a 35,000 word file no problem or errors. Great value. I think maybe other pdf vendors are making these comments. Contrary to one website review, the file size was no different to other products tested either. If you have the money, get the Adobe product. Otherise, this is 90% there, for a fraction the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works As Advertised!, November 20, 2003
John Ryan (Washington, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDF Producer (CD-ROM)
I came across this product while looking for a low cost alternative to Acrobat and was quite pleased to see how well its worked. Its simply a print driver that creates a PDF instead of printing a document. The install is quick and the product barely takes up any room on my computer! I initially had some problems with an older version, but the tech support team pointed me to a patch which resolved my problem before I could get worried about it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with XP and there is no support, August 28, 2003
This review is from: PDF Producer (CD-ROM)
This product crashes on all of the XP's that I have attempted to load it on and as far as I can tell it can not be made to work properly with XP-Home. I have called Data Becker and have sent emails to them concerning this issue and have contacted the German parent company - No response! Their Warranty reads "DATA BECKER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PROFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU." - Believe me, they mean this!

5.0 out of 5 stars PDF Producer is Perfect...and is Inexpensive Too!!!, July 10, 2003
This review is from: PDF Producer (CD-ROM)
PDF Producer is perfect for anyone who is emailing documents you don't want changed or need forms printed out from a website (I do both). I can't believe how easy it is to load and use. If you go in to security settings you can choose what level (version) of Acrobat you want to be viewed with. Anyone using Acrobat reader usually has the latest version. You can even add watermarks. For the price EVERYONE should own PDF PRODUCER!!!

PDF Producer
PDF Producer by Data Becker (Windows 2000 / NT)
Used & New from: $15.94