Datacolor DC S3P100 Spyder 3 Pro
- Designed for Photographers
- Accurate, Reliable Consistent color
- Third Generation Spyder Technology
- Intelligent Ambient Light Control
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Package Height||2.6 x 6 x 8.4 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.85 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
I was able to accurately calibrate color but the brightness of the monitor was blinding even when I set my brightness to ZERO, luminance level was measured at 320 cd/m2. I had to returned this item to purchase a X-rite Eye One Display Two since the calibration tool and software is similar to that of the Lacie Blue eye pro but more importantly it measures luminance for accuracy. With the Eye one display two I was able to calibrate my dell 2408wfp luminance to a comfortable 120 cd/m2 and still maintain superior color accuracy and good contrast.
If you don't have problems with brightness and just need color accurate calibration then this item is for you. But if you spend long hours in front of overly bright LCD monitors and need color accuracy without fatiguing or damaging your eyes then consider the Eye One Display or even Lacie Blue eye.
I bought this item after shooting my first wedding. I had noticed that previously, all of my photos had to have some additional correction to get anywhere close to what I had on screen when sending them to print, and even that was a crap shoot.
This little gem has completely fixed the issue. True, there is a *slight* variation from printer to printer (as I didn't buy the elite package that profiles your printers too), but it's not noticeable to most people.
Down to details:
* It's very nice to be able to set multiple monitors in multiple locations and know that the profiles you have will definitely work. I can match up computer LCD displays, CRT televisions (or monitors), or even wide-screen plasmas and projectors to become color corrected.
* The ambient light sensing ability is another big plus since I take my photo editing with me to multiple locations on my laptop. This is important if you're switching from working in daylight to fluorescent to incandescent light. There can also be issues when you're working in a space where bright light is being reflected off of colored walls or some other surface and can effect the color cast in which you're viewing your work. Odds are, if you care enough to be considering one of these, then you'll care about these issues.
* Since I've had my laptop for almost 4 years, you can bet that the screen's LCD had changed in hue. After correction, it was ridiculously better.Read more ›
Also I have a new iMac with a CRT on the side so i have two monitors. They are both easy to calibrate with the new updated software on the website.
Go ahead and splurge.....!!!!!!
I just did a print job with a Giclee printer online and I had the ICC # for the paper he was using to print my work. When I proofed that profile in PS it was EXACTLY what I got from them a week later - and exact match. all I needed was to know what color space to save my artwork in, and know what ICC profile to proof against and I was all set. The printer I used also had recommended the Spyder Pro or the Elite and said they liked how consistent and easy it was and they had switched from using the iOne display a while back. No regrets! You will get a good calibration ay a fair price with a details help menu and support.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Incredible tool for someone that is wanting to get serious about their photography and printing.Published 17 days ago by cristian navarrete
I installed this and ran everything according to the directions. I ran the Spyder several times, each time my monitor was a bluish color. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Missy S.
I have been using The Spyder for several years now and don't how I ever got along without it. It's a great product. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Matt49
This is a clunky piece of equipment. The whole "hang this over your monitor and see if it sits flat" is awkward. Read morePublished 18 months ago by RL
I run dual 22" monitors. I purchased them at the same time but when I ran them there was a very big difference in color. Read morePublished on January 7, 2014 by raul diaz
When I received this, it was broken and I didn't even know it. Directions were unclear. Customer service wasn't very helpful and was very hard to even get ahold of anyone to see... Read morePublished on January 6, 2014 by Andi Meyer
This was easy to use and I have calibrated the colors on my laptops for use when I print. The colors come out just as I want them. Read morePublished on September 17, 2013 by Lloyd Nelson