Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Date Like A Man: What Men Know About Dating and Are Afraid You'll Find Out is a SCAM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2007 9:42:03 PM PDT
Lindsay M. says:
All dating books in amazon are SCAM!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2008 6:22:22 PM PDT
Actually, in a lot of ways, dating itself is a scam.

Most 'dates' are some kind of contrived circumstance outside of normal life that are somehow intended to arrive at a 'normal life' circumstance.

The more I think about it, the more that it seems a situation straight out of Dali.

In the old days, people's families got together and hooked up the loose ends.

I'm not sure that arranged marriage has a track record that's any worse than dating, now that I've had some time to consider the results of both sets.

None of the books that have been written would have prepared me for what I've seen already, and I'm going back into the fray again.

I wonder if I'm crazy for considering it, actually.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 2:02:08 PM PDT
EAD says:
Hey Richard...good post! If you really want to take that concept to the next level there is a book called "I kissed dating goodbye"

I agree with you about how, "Most 'dates' are some kind of contrived circumstance outside of normal life that are somehow intended to arrive at a 'normal life' circumstance."

Good thought process!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 12:47:20 PM PDT
J. S. Conger says:
Wow, I have never seen it better put. That's pretty much what dating is in ten words or less.

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:02:29 PM PDT
Great comment--you can hate the game without hating those who play it. I like the realistic comment paired with a lack of bitterness.

Posted on Aug 16, 2010 1:18:15 PM PDT
Brett G. says:
Dating is supposed to be fun I don't know who told women they were supposed to be job interviews.
I'm tired of being put under a microscope by a woman everytime I go out on a first date with her.

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 3:42:12 PM PDT
J. Gordon says:
Wow! Well, let's put it this way. I'd be grateful to even go on a date. Most men I've had relationships with have never even taken me out on a real date. I miss the courtship...makes a woman feel like a lady.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 2:54:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2012 2:55:46 AM PDT
*~Stella~* says:
A friend of mine once remarked, "One of the reasons I hate PUA/romantic self-help type books is that they flat-out make sh** up about human behavior, usually cribbed from books on dog training and birdwatching, and not only is it inapplicable BS, but it sounds plausible and familiar so people believe it."

I've never seen one of these books that said "Be yourself and treat people right". They're all about feigning indifference, being a jerk and playing head games. Oh, and a lot of us women read those PUA things, we know when guys are running that stuff. I'm sure a lot of guys have read junk like "The Rules" and "Why Men Love Bitches" as well. That's the only reason I can think of to read this stuff - to read the books written for the OPPOSITE sex, so you can weed out the idiots faster.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Sep 25, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 7, 2012

Search Customer Discussions