1,068 of 1,087 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Want ten minutes?
For those who don't like the setting choices, datexx has several models with different ranges:

Published 20 months ago by Guy Macon

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic except for the sound
This is an extremely cool little device, but with one big flaw for me: the alarm is a really shrill, jarring sound, like a smoke alarm. Other than that, I love it. I just wish they could make it with a different alarm option. I'd use it so much more often if I didn't have to hear that alarm every time!
Published 23 months ago by Quick Red Fox

1,068 of 1,087 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Want ten minutes?, November 5, 2012

Blue:1-3-5-7 minutes

Please click on the "Was this review helpful to you?" button so this information is at the top. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this thing!, January 9, 2011
Doug Hess (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
Yeah, yeah, I know. How much effort can it save when you can set the timer on your stove nearly as fast? But this thing is uber-cool. Just turn it so the desired time is facing up and it begins to flash and you're off.

The complaints are minor:
1) It's never easy to see the LCD window that shows you how long you've got since it's a) small and b) always in an awkward position.
2) The alarm sounds just like my alarm clock. That's never good.

As soon as you pick it up you realize how it works: There's a metal ball bearing inside that makes contact with two points and begins a preset timer based on which side is up. It's simple and absolutely brilliant and makes everything from cooking to laundry just a little easier.

-Doug

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Timer for Families & Individuals Alike!, June 2, 2011
We ordered this on the recommendation of a speech therapist that was speaking on Executive Function of the brain. The idea is to help your child learn the feeling of how long it takes to complete things. It's also useful in limiting video game or computer time.

If you want to set it to the 30 minute timer, you simply turn the "30" to be at the top of the cube. What I really like is that it doesn't tick or have any other noise going on as the time goes by. When the time is up, it starts beeping until you turn it to the side with the zero on top.

My son, who has ADHD, has found it useful just to get started on homework which is a big plus. I say, "Just do 15 minutes of math now and then you can take a 45 minute break." He seems to get most of it done and then usually goes ahead and finishes before taking his break. Sometimes just getting started is the really hard part for him. He's a teen, so for younger children with the same problem, I might use the 5 min side.

We also use it for him to spend 5 minutes on picking up his room everyday. It keeps his room from becoming such a disaster area by the weekend when the heavy duty cleaning happens.

I really like to use this for myself when I want to take a break from work and relax, read, or surf the net. It keeps me from overdoing it.

Likewise, I can use this for a fast 5 minutes of cleaning on a certain room. The timer helps me focus in on what will make the biggest difference.

CONS: I, too, wish it had a 10 minute side, but a quick flip to zero and then back to 5 does work.

Since this timer does not easily allow you to see how many minutes are left, so it doesn't work for some things. I hardly ever use the 60 minutes and I haven't used it for cooking.

I am ordering two more for different parts of the house such as the office and the family/kitchen area. It's also nice that the price has decreased a couple of dollars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic except for the sound, August 17, 2012
Quick Red Fox (San Francisco, CA, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So fantastic I am ordering more for family and friends!, May 18, 2012
Purpledog (Northeast USA) - See all my reviews
This is so darn easy to use and hear from other rooms and the cellar as well. My intent was not for use in cooking/baking, it was more along Pavlov's salivating dog theory. I live with 6 special needs' adopted Greyhounds and they get a mid-day snack of a large Milkbone every day. Because Greys are massively 'routine oriented', if I need to feed them breakfast earlier than usual in the event I have to leave the house for some reason, they are 'ready' for their 'midday snack' earlier than normal as well. I have used this timer to train them that when the buzzer goes off midday (1130-12noon), it IS snack time. If I'm not home when 'snack time' should be happening, I set the timer when I come home allowing for 5-10 minutes to get my act together and then, when the buzzer goes off, they come flying to the kitchen, line up and wait for their snack. Ok, so they wiggle and squirm and sing a little because I'm late but they know when the buzzer sounds, they need to FALL IN! FRONT AND CENTER. They are smart enough to know when the buzzer sounds in the AM and PM it is full meal bowl time as well. I love this thing. Before training them with this, just the sound of the stainless steel bowls clanking together would bring them running to the kitchen, even if I was just washing them and putting them in the drainer. Now, they know nothing spectacular is happening until they hear the buzzer and I have the small kitchen area to myself in preparing their food, measuring their individual meds, crushing pills and just all out preparing their individual meals without a pack of hungry dogs underfoot.

This can be used to time computer time if families need to share a computer, shower time if you have teenagers who run the hot water out, sprinklers watering the lawn (sooo easy to forget), idling the car in winter time, etc. A few AAA batteries and your life is so much easier. Give this one a try. I think you'll like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Setting Choices, November 5, 2012
This review is from: Datexx The Miracle Cube Timer, Yellow (Health and Beauty)

Blue:1-3-5-7 minutes

2.0 out of 5 stars 15 minute side broken after only a month.. grrrr, March 8, 2011
It's a wonderful little gadget. If...it didn't break right away. And I've been VERY gentle with it.

Ticked. I need the 15 minute side more than any other, for cleaning.

Blue:1-3-5-7 minutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic timer for "Study & Break" student use, August 24, 2012
This review is from: Datexx The Miracle Cube Timer, Yellow (Health and Beauty)
As a full-time private tutor, I thoroughly endorse this product as a perfect way to encourage students to develop a study rhythm.
Regular, timed sessions of studying and relaxing lead to higher productivity and quicker completion of homework. A timer is critical for this!

I recommend the yellow cube timer for middle school students, and ask that they use the 45-minute setting for study time and the 20-minute setting for break time.
Flipping the cube is easy and fun, and students ACTUALLY DO IT! I find that they don't stick to a timer that they have to keep resetting.

I have two yellows and two whites: one of each for home, and one of each for the road. I use them myself!

**I recommend the white cube timers and a 60/15 rhythm for high school students**

Datexx The Miracle Cube Timer, Yellow