5.0 out of 5 stars Has everything I like in an alarm clock
I look for the following features to be in the optimal alarm clock for me: Battery powered, automatic date/time set, temperature reading, adjustable snooze. I like the latter because I'm one of those who likes to take my time waking up and snooze for an extra 20 minutes or so.

Published 16 months ago by Iriemon

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not order this...I'll tell you why
Published 10 months ago by D. Tillson

5.0 out of 5 stars Has everything I like in an alarm clock, August 5, 2013
Iriemon (Miami Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Datexx Radio Control Alarm Clock with Month, Day and Temperature (Misc.)

There aren't too many clocks available with all these features, and I previously had a Sky Scan model which did and I liked, despite its somewhat kludgy interface (they stopped making that model). But this Datex model does it all, and does it well. It is powered by two AA batteries. I just got it so I can't comment on battery duration, but with an LED display they should last a while. It has two separate alarms. The snooze button for each alarm is adjustable from 1-59 minutes (yay!). The button labels and screen labels are easy to see, and the interface is pretty good. You can *almost* figure out all its operations and mode settings from just intuitively playing with it, and the directions are simple and easy. The chirp is loud enough but not overbearing, and ascends from one beat, to two beats, to three and then a constant four, which is nice. It has a temperature reading which seemed accurate, and is automatically date/time updated by the radio signal from Colorado. I'm not sure how it handles the switch from daylight savings, but maybe it is pre-programmed to adjust. If there is a problem with that I'll report later. The display is easy to see, and when you press the snooze button on top it backlights the display for night time viewing.

Recommended, particularly if you are looking for these features in an alarm clock.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect clock, April 28, 2013
PERFECT small digital alarm clock includes everything i need at a glance, the day - date - time - month.... when you have memory problems and cannot remember these things.. you just go to this clock and EVERYTHING is there :o) good buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not order this...I'll tell you why, January 6, 2014
Great size and great display options. Like that you can pre program two different alarm times. BUT, two BIG problems with it: The alarm sound is SO soft, I can not hear it most times and therefore, fail to wake up! Yikes. Second, when you hit the light to display the time at night, it is so faint, you can't see it. I end up having to turn on my bedside light to check the time.

I got this clock to replace a long loved Brookstone that is no longer made. This one does not do it and sad thing: Packaging gone so I can't return it. Don't make the same mistake....

4.0 out of 5 stars Good features and decent size, September 1, 2013
Daryl D. (Cerritos, CA) - See all my reviews
Sadly, it's a little hard to find a decent sized clock for someplace like the bathroom. Most of the clocks I found are just too big and take up valuable counter space. I like that the time is in fairly large type, but also shows the date without having to press any extra buttons.

I do wish it were a tad smaller, but the wife likes the slightly larger display. So that's a win. It's also great that it includes the atomic clock feature as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great desk clock, June 8, 2012
I wanted a clock for my home office. This fits the bill perfectly- good size, doesn't take up a lot of room, easy to see/ read, easy to set time.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THAT IT KEEPS TEMPERATURE, August 28, 2013
Florence Marilyn Saxton (Langhorne,, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Great little clock. Smaller than I thought but has everything you need to know when waking up. Even keeps track of the temperature in the house. Wish it was a little bigger and the numbers were brighter. The back lite when you put it on is not too bright either. Other than than would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect home alarm clock., September 22, 2013
Perfect size. Offers 24hr display as well as moon phase and temperature. Great for bedside use, the light is user friendly and not so bright it bothers you when you check the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift for my Husband, January 10, 2013
My husband just loves this clock, The alarm is great and keeps perfect time, you set how long you want to snooze and set the rest is easy. He just loves the clock and can't say enough about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This alarm clock is a definite winner ~ Flawless performance & precise timekeeping, February 4, 2014
This is an excellent alarm clock that includes many features found on more expensive models. What makes it unique is the ability to pick up the radio controlled time signal from Colorado. The signal seeking antenna is so strong that the clock was able to set itself within one hour of my installing the batteries. In addition to the time and alarms, the clock includes an accurate indoor thermometer as well as a moon phase indicator.

There are two completely separate alarms and they are extremely easy to program. Although I didn't find it necessary, the alarms are the crescendo type which increase in loudness until shut off. The clock also includes a programmable snooze that can be set anywhere from 4 to 59 minutes. The clock is the perfect size to sit on your nightstand and the digits are quite large, making them very easy to read. The snooze button doubles as a light, so it's easy to read the time in the middle of the night. The display is very sharp and the contrast is excellent.

The bottom line is that there is nothing wrong and everything right about this dual function alarm clock. It runs on two AA batteries that based on use in a similar alarm clock will last for a very long time. This alarm clock is a definite winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this clock, July 30, 2014
I really like this clock! It does everything I need it to do. The time is set automatically by radio signal ( from the Bureau of Standards I think ), so it doesn't lose time. Shows the date and day. Dual alarms with adjustable snooze times! Want a 30 minute snooze in the morning? You can set that! Troubled by werewolves? It shows you the phases of the moon. Oh, and this isn't one of those clocks with the glaring numerals that glow through closed eyelids. The snooze bar serves to illuminate this clock in the dark. It won't dazzle you with it's looks though. More like of one of those super efficient, but plain looking assistants you see in the movies. I would recommend this clock to anyone. I would.