5.0 out of 5 stars The First New Pick I've Used in 10 Years
I have used Dunlop Nylon picks for at least 10 years as they have the right thickness and texture to grip, but I've always missed the attack of Delrin, well, these Dava's were exactly what the Dr. ordered. The rubber grip, although thick, feels right and the Delrin tip gives me the sound I have been missing. Definitely a winner.
Published on July 25, 2009 by Thomas Lhamon

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't slide, but they don't last either
I have some mixed feelings on these picks, but overall I can't recommend them to most guitar players. I completely stopped using them after less than a month.

Published on July 16, 2012 by Declan McDaniels

5.0 out of 5 stars The First New Pick I've Used in 10 Years, July 25, 2009
Thomas Lhamon (Flat Rock, MI United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Picks, November 29, 2009
This review is from: Dava 6024 Grip Tip (Electronics)
I got this pick unsure because of it's thickness and wierdly flashy looks. And it was an awesome choice. I particularly like the light yellow because of it's mid thickness(which turned out to be a good thing). The sound produced is just amazing and the grip is nice, i never have to re-adjust it under my fingers it stays perfectly. If you like small nylon picks this is perfect. I was never a fan of bigger picks and this pic allows you to play faster with it's superb design. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AAAMAZING PIC!, March 2, 2010
This review is from: Dava 6024 Grip Tip (Electronics)
I really had no idea what I was ordering, but I am HOOKED! You can play in so many different ways, with just a slight move of the finger! By moving up or down on the pic, you get a different sound. You can sweep, or pick out individual notes with ease! This pic will improve your playing. BUY IT!
[...].

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't slide, but they don't last either, July 16, 2012
This review is from: Dava 6024 Grip Tip (Electronics)

I'll start with the rubber surface, since that's the main selling point. The rubber gives your hand a really firm grip and does what its designed to do. Almost no slippage at all, even after an extended practice session. However, I noticed that when I really started laying into the strings and playing heavily, I had a tendency to catch the rubber on the side of the pick with my treble strings. Not a huge deal, and mostly that was due to my playing style. I got around it with a little practice, but I didn't like having to change my style for the sake of a pick.

The longevity of the plastic leaves something to be desired. These picks wear out a lot more quickly than tortex, ultex or even the gel picks I have. With my acoustic guitars, you could see signs of wear after the first use (I use .13-gauge steel strings). That wouldn't be a problem if they were priced like normal picks, but as you can see here they're significantly higher (and for just a 6-pack instead of 12).

Lastly, I couldn't get over how flexible these picks are. It's awful for me. If your fingers are higher on the pick, closer to the base (leaving more room), it feels like about .50 mm thickness. If you move your fingers closer to the pointed end of the pick (leaving less room), it becomes a little more sturdy, but nothing like what I'd get from a .88 or above (I usually use 1.0 to 1.14mm, so it was a big difference). Chords were OK, but individual notes don't have that nice crisp sound I'm used to.

In the end, for me, I ended up with a pick that was too flexible and wore out too quickly -- but at least I could hold onto it really, really well. Good idea, but the execution leaves room for improvement.

If you're a guitar player who plays softly on light strings (or nylon), and you have plenty of budget for picks, you'll probably have a lot better luck than I did.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great grip, but too flexible, January 27, 2011
iView (Fort Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dava 6024 Grip Tip (Electronics)
The pick is great as far as the grip because that was what I was looking for. However, I was not satisfied with the flexibility in them. I was looking for something with a lot more control. Even if you gauge it by choking up a bit on it, it was still too thin. Long story short, I ended up buying Dunlop's Primtone 5.0 pick. I felt like I could relax my hand without losing control or the pick. On the upside, I gave the Dava's to our rhythm guitarist and he loves them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice grip, but tip is too short, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Dava 6024 Grip Tip (Electronics)
The grip is nice, but I prefer the grip of Dava's Control Pick. The tip much too short on this pick... I often find myself attacking with the grip part on accident. That may be a measure of the player's control, but since were talking about a pick designed for player's who have difficulty keeping control of their pick, I believe it applies here. In addition, the way in which this pick is designed, makes the player's thumb slowly gravitate to the center of the pick. This may be a problem because the position of the player's thumb has a large impact on the resistance of the attack, and therefore may affect speed depending on the picking technique used.

5.0 out of 5 stars made for shaky hands, August 30, 2010
This review is from: Dava 6024 Grip Tip (Electronics)
I take a medication that makes my hands shake; therefore, I have a difficult time with fine muscle movements. I switched from Dunlop Jazz III's, which I loved, to these puppies because they have a great feel to them and you don't have to worry about dropping them. They are also bigger than the Jazz III's, making it a bit easier to hold on to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pick for a beginner, July 29, 2012
This review is from: Dava 6024 Grip Tip (Electronics)
As somewhat of a beginner, these picks have helped me improve my playing. With other picks, I kept dropping them or they kept slipping in my fingers. These picks have helped me to keep hold of them while playing and have helped me develop strength and dexterity in my strumming and picking technique. I am sure I could have gotten there with regular picks, but I think it would have taken me a lot longer to get to the point that I am at? I feel like with the Dava picks I don't have to focus so much on trying to keep the right amount of grip on the pick, instead I could now focus my attention on picking and strumming. Not sure if this made a difference in how well this pick performed for me, but I also have extremely small hands.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice grip, but too flexible, unpredictable, March 12, 2012
Mark A. Peot (Chapel Hill, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dava 6024 Grip Tip (Electronics)
The Good: the rubber coat does keep your grip from slipping.

The Bad: the pick is designed with three indentations, grip the top, the pick is flexible. Grip the bottom, the pick is firm. Actually after a bit of play, all these "settings" are kind of floppy. This leads to...

The Ugly: the rubber coating runs close to the tip of the pick. I find that the rubber grip tends to catch on the strings. This gets worse as the pick 'wears in'.

Promising concept, but too buggy to be useful...

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea - Needs Modification, April 6, 2012
This review is from: Dava 6024 Grip Tip (Electronics)
Not stiff enough for most guitar players. These do give good grip, as I tend to hold a pick rather loosely. However, as you can see on the picture, the rubber comes way to close to the tip of the pick. It easily makes contact with the strings and drags. This makes an unpleasant effect when strumming. I tried to trim it back, but it is stuck on the plastic pick pretty tight.

Stiffin up the pick a bit and move the rubber grip about 1//4" from the tip and these would be five star.

Dava 6024 Grip Tip