Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on June 25, 2004
This is a very funny performance from the man himself Dave Chappelle. This performance was in Washington DC and was a 2 hour special he had on HBO. As going into the first hour already I was laughing my (...)! Dave Chappelle talks through the troubles of an average black man. This DVD would have been more better if it had special features. It would have been great if there was an interview with Dave or backstage behind the scene look. But its all good. This performance still covers with its raw sense of mentality. If you have the Chappelle show 1st season in your DVD collection, you have to add this to your collection. A must buy DVD.
on May 19, 2003
Dave Chappelle's humor is one of a kind. You won't find this comedic act yelling and screaming to get your attention. This show will keep you wanting more because Dave tells his tales like it is. From the whole Sesame Street gang to sex and drugs, where does he come up with this stuff? I've seen Dave in many small movie roles such as Blue Streak and Men in Tights, but I think Killin' Them Softly shows his strong talents. I've been waiting for this DVD to come out a long time and am happy to see it be available soon. There is no comparing Chappelle to Chris Rock, Bernie Mac or Chris Tucker, this guy is on his own level.
on August 24, 2004
This is the kind of comedy that you can't wait to show to all your friends. I have even showed this to non-americans and they still get all the jokes and laugh hysterically. If you like "tell it like it is" comedy, then you CAN NOT miss this fantastic performance. From the opening jokes to the end, this is a well timed and well delivered performance from Chappelle. I have not seen anything this funny since Eddie Murphy retired from stand-up. Not for kids, but no way can you pass this up for great laughs. And trust me, you will watch it over and over, only laughing more and more at all the great jokes like "romance is dead, (women in the audience clap) but women killed it (men high-five!)"
on October 12, 2015
i purchased this and downloaded it. It was fast to download.a very funny movie, extras are funny as well. a nice remake to the original show the cast and crew are amazing and really make this a funny movie. amazon has a large selection of movies for download with options of once time download, one day viewing or to purchase
on October 5, 2003
From where I am, I do not see Chapelle on HBO. But I saw this gentleman on Conan o'Brian's late night show, and was hooked. He was comfortably slumped in Conan's chair and displayed a natural sense of comic timing. A quick search on Amazon revealed that there were DVDs of his shows. I ordered. Was in store for a ribtickling hour or so. This guy is good!
In this particular cameo, he comfortably treads the line of race, social commentary, kids, the presidency, relationships and some other miscellaneous things. I could go on about the material in and of itself, but that'd only serve to spoil something that you should have no idea is coming at you.
Highly recommended for anyone who likes humor.
on February 23, 2014
This is "old" (2000), but it's as relevant as ever to our social problems, and Chappelle's comedy is spot-on. It's just plain good and funny. I already have this show DVRed from having Comedy Central broadcast it, but I got the DVD because I wanted Chappelle's full humor, without "bleeps". (I just wish Chappelle get back into doing more comedy; his absence leaves a giant hole.)
on December 16, 2005
I became a Chappelle fan through the show, and first saw Killing Them Softly in 2005. Even though it's 5 years old now, it could have been done yesterday. Dave's material is relevant, hysterical, and just amazing. He's so comfortable in front of the audience here. The DC crowd is so energetic in welcoming Dave back, and Dave feeds from it. He's focused and razor-sharp. The best Chappelle material of all time!! If you've seen "For What it's Worth" and were disappointed, come back to this one!
on June 23, 2006
I came across David Chappelles stand up on a compilation dvd of the Just for Laughs festival. His section was only a few minutes long but he was easily the funniest comic included.

I decided to look him up and found this dvd at a low price. Im glad I got it. David Chappelle is hilarious. From the baby on the corner in the ghetto to the unbelievable stories of his white friend "Chip", this dvd is hilarious from start to finish.

Highly recommended.
on November 2, 2013
NO CHIP DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chappelle did kill it for that comedy special. He was fresh and on point - doesn't seem like it was made in 2000 - which now seems EONS ago. He did a great job - its funny as all get-out.
on May 18, 2014
This dude is fricken hilarious. This particular stand up is my all time favorite from him so I had to buy it so I didn't have to keep watching it on YouTube. Well worth it! Wish it was on Bluray though!