5.0 out of 5 stars First start to get the " headknowledge"
I can't get enough of Dave Ramsey books. This one is for you if you want to know general knowledge about money. If you are looking for how-to-beat-debt book go for Dave Ramsey's Total Money Make Over.
Published 22 months ago by mommyemily

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Good book an easy read.
Published 4 months ago by cesar

5.0 out of 5 stars First start to get the " headknowledge", February 4, 2013
This review is from: Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money: The Handbook of Financial Peace University (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money, January 31, 2013
We have taught Dave Ramsey's Course using this book and his course materials several times now. One couple who just read the book and applied the principles contained in it paid down $36,000 of debt in 2 1/2 years on a $30,000 per year salary to now be living debt free!

5.0 out of 5 stars MY HERO, May 20, 2014
I'm only 19 years old, so I'm not in need of financial help just yet, but hopefully, since I've read this book, I'll never need it all. This book inspired me to get on the right track with my finances. After reading this, I became a Dave Ramsey fanatic, and read almost every other book written by him. Ramsey doesn't sugar coat a thing. He has a method of tough, spiritual love. His words speak as a real person, who just wants everyone to have financial peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend this book., July 9, 2012
This book helped us a lot. As parents we've taught our children to be fiscally prudent (ie never carry a credit card balance, fund every retirement vehicle you can, save your pennies, etc). The value of this book .... it reinforces that individuals are accountable for their own financial health, does a great job explaining in easy terms how people get in fiscal trouble, and provides a good framework for how to manage your money. Dave's book is a very easy, entertaining and understandable read ... and best of all it provides "outside credibility" to what we've taught our (now adult) children.

4.0 out of 5 stars a great book for young couples, August 3, 2013
I wish that all my colleagues could read and follow this book, especially those who didn't grow up in a home where good money principles were modeled. It contains great tips for getting out of debt, having the right kinds of insurance, and especially having an emergency fund so that you don't turn to credit cards in an emergency. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because of his no-tolerance view of debt. For example, using a credit card responsibly can be a necessary step toward getting the credit to rent an apartment or a cable service. And his principles don't quite apply to some professional schools like medical school where debt is largely unavoidable but potentially forgivable depending on the area of future service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written practical advise, August 16, 2013
Dave Ramsey is well known for advising people to get out of debt,create emergency savings,and using your head and common sense on retirement,financial planning. He connects his common sense approach with how your grandmother did it,and how it was described in the Bible to not be a debtor. His financial advise is simple,true ,and makes a lot of sense. His book if applied,will truly change your life. It is an energizing book, that if combined with "The Total Money Makeover" will not only give financial control of your life, but the emotional freedom from reduced stress and worry. Truly a must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will change your life!, March 31, 2014
A must-read for anyone interested in feeling at peace with their finances! Total Money Makeover is a great introduction to Dave's teachings; Complete Guide to Money is a more focused and specific approach to what to do with your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great simple read, April 4, 2013
Dave Ramsey has some great simple principles when it comes to life and money. This should be a must read for everyone 16 and older before they go to or graduate from college.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, May 9, 2014
This is a very informative and useful book as to how to manage your money and remain out of debt. Sure wish I had read this book 20 years ago. its a great gift for anyone young person starting out on their own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Informative!, May 8, 2014
My boyfriend and I are currently enrolled in Financial Peace University and this book was included in our course materials. I find the book a much better source of information for me than the actual course, but both are great. You truly need a highlighter to read this because there's so much information in here. It gives Dave's perspectives on different financial options and what he believes is best as far as money is concerned. He uses real life experiences and examples to break down the financials of what your investments will or won't look like based on the options you choose. This is the help I needed. I know how to save, but I didn't know what do with my money. Even more, this book explains how our behaviors with money affect us most; not necessarily how much we make or our knowledge of money. This course has taught me so much about the importance of budgeting and the book has truly opened my eyes to better ways to manage my money. Take the course with your significant other and if you don't do that, at least get the book. You'll get a Christian-based teaching on how money should work. You won't like what you read in every chapter (because your behaviors with money will have to change), but it will truly make a difference in your life. This book is invaluable! Get it!

$21.95 $18.55