5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GUIDE!
My camera was smarter than me . . . . until I got this easy to understand guide. David really knows how to put you in touch with every camera feature in a easy to understand format. It is as close to "hands on" help you can get! I took the class offered free with my new camera, and actually got much more from David's guide(s).
Published on May 1, 2012 by P. Velander

1.0 out of 5 stars marginal at best
not much better than guide that came with camera, more geared for v1 than j1, and really too big for a field guide,,waste
Published 17 months ago by chris harris

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GUIDE!, May 1, 2012
This review is from: David Busch's Compact Field Guide for the Nikon V1/J1 (David Busch's Compact Field Guides) (Spiral-bound)

5.0 out of 5 stars Field Guide Review, June 18, 2012
Excellent and handy guide that fits into camera bag. Useful when used in conjunction with his other book Nikon J1 Digital Movie and Still Photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats his larger work on JI/VI, October 18, 2012
He his outdone himself on presenting an extremely comprehensive work on the V1. I have his larger book on the J1/V1 that is excellent, but this book is just as informative and much easier to take along. My only very minor complaint is the binding; it's cover is a little flimsy, but is serviceable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential guid, March 8, 2014
Cameras today are so complex you really do need a comprehensive guide. I've spent hours with this book learning the quirks of my camera. I can't imagine trying to operate such a complex piece of machinery without a good guide book. I have other David Busch field guides, and strongly recommend them.

1.0 out of 5 stars marginal at best, February 11, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars very Helpful!, February 2, 2014
A great read and very helpful! I would recommend to anyone trying to learn this camera. Thanks so much for the help!

3.0 out of 5 stars eh. . ., December 31, 2013
it's fine. learned what I needed to. could have learned most of this by reading posts on line. but, it's fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than I thought!, November 13, 2013
Janice L. Owenby (Sevierville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
Book is bigger than I hoped. Too big to fit in the camera bag for my J1!
Was hoping to carry it with me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple guide to a simple camera., April 18, 2013
This camera doesn't have a ton of features. The book does a good job of explaining how it works and which features to use when.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty basic stuff, but easier to read than the owners manual, February 23, 2013
It is small enough to stow, but once read I doubt I will refer to it often. David Busch does have an easy style of writing and considering the cost of the camera it pays for itself in advising the best set-up for a given situation or scene.

$13.99 $11.33