5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus PEN EP-2 Guide to Digital Photography
This book is essential for any EP-2 owner and generally excellent.

There is so much to the EP-2 that it is almost impossible to fully grasp all the camera can do without reading this book first.

Published on March 16, 2011 by Alan Briggs

2.0 out of 5 stars Very little new here
Published on August 15, 2010 by William S.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Even for Experienced Photographers, April 4, 2011
This review is from: David Busch's Olympus PEN EP-2 Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
This is a very helpful book. It is much clearer than the Olympus manual, which contains a lot of information but is marred by tiny type and imperfect English grammar. Rather than simply repeat what the manual says -- and there are several long tables in the manual that are quite reasonably referred to by cross reference -- the authors try to explain how and when various camera features are most useful. Some of this explanation occurs in the chapters on general photographic technique in the second half of the book. More experienced readers may be tempted to skip over these chapters, but I'd advise reading or at least skimming the entire book. An avid amateur, I've owned a variety of Olympus cameras before the PEN E-P2, starting with my beloved OM-1 some 35 years ago as well as several compacts and two Olympus DSLRs, and I still learned more than expected from this book. Yes, novice and intermediate users will gain the most, but IMHO this book is a worthwhile read for all but the more seasoned pro. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus PEN EP-2 Guide to Digital Photography, March 16, 2011
This book is essential for any EP-2 owner and generally excellent.

I would seriously recommend this book to those contemplating buying into this camera system. I would have bought the camera as soon as it came out if I had seen this book.

The photos in there help you grasp what the options can do; many options are near impossible to grasp without this photo visualization.

The flash section is particularly informative.

This book resolved practically every question I had.

Olympus should put the book on the CD that came with camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars sort of bought wrong book, June 22, 2012
Well, I kinda goofed in my haste to buy a book for my new e-pl2 camera. I did not realize this book was for the e-p2. Consequently it does not correspond exactly. Fortunately I am one of those old-time SLR users so I can figure things out ok however it is a bit inconvenient. The buttons are moved/changed from the ep2 and some things just appear to not work the same. Amazon has books for the pl1 and p2 but not the pl2. There is no doubt there is alot of good information you do not get in the manual in this book and I do feel it is worth my $19.99 but I just wanted to be specific. Reviewers had stated the book was not correct on certain things but I did not realize they probably had a different camera as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful book!, May 19, 2011
Kara Shallenberg "kayrayovac" (Oceanside, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is exactly what I was wishing for. I'm a relatively experienced photographer, but the many options on my Olympus PEN E-P2 had me rather mystified. This book explains everything and tells me WHY I might want to use all the various settings. I've learned a ton!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very little new here, August 15, 2010
I purchased three of David Busch's books over the years - Nikon D-200 (hardcover) and the Nikon D-90 and Olympus PEN E-P2 for my Kindle. They are very elementary books with about 80% of the material basic, first-time digital user dialog. The balance improves on the users manuals for these cameras, but only slightly. Touted as books to teach you "why" certain settings should be used, they lack any real substance in this regard with the majority of text devoted to lengthy passages devoted to step-by-step instructions to activate certain features; i.e. such as which direction to press the multi-selector to move through menus. I'm not certain, but I could swear these three books are "cut and paste" copies of each other with the names changed to sell more books. I am also disappointed that some of the instructions are just wrong. For example, in the chapter on using flash by "Connecting Multiple Non-dedicated Units to Your Olympus PEN E-P2", Mr. Busch says, "Finally some flash units have an optical slave trigger built-in, or can be fitted with one, so that they fire automatically when another flash, INCLUDING YOUR CAMERA'S BUILT-IN UNIT, fires. The E-P2 does not have a built-in flash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera book, February 18, 2011
The book is very comprehensive and has a lot of detailed information.[[ASIN:1435457404 David Busch's Olympus PEN EP-2 Guide to Digital Photography))
Purchased at Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, April 23, 2014
A great book for instruction and helpful hints made easy to understand my camera. I recommend for anyone with this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong Primary reference, July 9, 2013
Finding yourself with an expensive, complex Olympus Pen I.L.C. (Interchangeable lens camera) will only be complicated by lack of an organized, understandable Owners manual. The definition of Olympus documentation is precisely that, disorganized, cryptic, and confusing. You will need David Busch's Guide as a primary reference both in start up and long term support.

I have the Kindle edition; continue to read technical insights and methods now two years as an owner of the EP 2. Well written and supported by concise guidance on every aspect including optimizing video.

There are several different ways to do the same thing with the Pen. Busch spends considerable time with such options. Focus management is a good example. His Explanations are backed up with Appropriate and well illustrated figures.

I use an author's Table of Contents and Index detail as a forecast of usefulness. Both are well organized and thorough in this Guide. Also links within the particular specialty Chapters lead you to additional supporting material.

Busch sets the bar for camera guide books; has tremendous insight and writing skills which you will appreciate if you sample other mass producing authors attempting to do 'quick and dirty' versions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great photography tips but author isn't too familiar with product., December 28, 2011
S-Ann (Kingston, Jamaica) - See all my reviews
I appreciated this book for helping me get more familiar with my camera and teaching me some great photography concepts.
My main problem was that the authors don't seem very familiar with the product itself and labelled certain parts wrongly and not ever labelling the speakers at all. A certain section of the book even alluded that the camera has a built-in flash. Anyone who has this knows there is no flash!! Major point or buyers to take into consideration yet they make a guide and ignore it. Sounds like a copy/paste. It helped me a lot but if I didn't have certain facts about my camera from prior research, it would have confused me. I read the book from front to back initially.
I would strongly recommend for the great shooting and lighting tips but everything else, grain of salt.

4.0 out of 5 stars EP2 Rewiew, September 19, 2010
This book is a good comprehensive, well written supplement to the 'brochure' that comes with the camera.

David Busch's Olympus PEN EP-2 Guide to Digital Photography
David Busch's Olympus PEN EP-2 Guide to Digital Photography by David D. Busch (Paperback - April 26, 2010)
$29.99 $20.93