Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Father's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis X-men Apocalypse GNO Shop Now Learn more

on May 16, 2009
The bag is exactly as it appears in picture. It's sturdy leather, durable straps and will fit even the older models of laptops. I use it as a purse/baby bag so it holds everything while still being comfortable when worn. Leather is good quality, so are the straps and buttons. Worth the price of the bag.
on April 24, 2010
This bag is of the best quality and has a unique style with the cross stitching. Couldent be happier with the purchase and recomend if your looking for a bag seriously consider this one. Oh and it doesn't look line a purse it's actually masculine
on July 8, 2010
I purchased this bag as a birthday gift for my boyfriend. It's an even nicer bag in person than it appears to be in the photo and a great value. Other comparable distressed men's bags were much more expensive. This one can be dressed up or down. My boyfriend loves it.
on September 19, 2010
This was a Christmas present for my husband who had just started school and needed a nice bag for his books and work laptop. He loved it; needless to say we were both disappointed when the bag tore right along the sides a couple months in making it useless. As it is leather and he didn't load it up more than what the website showed, we were surprised this happened. I contacted the David King company and sent in photos of the tears. The representative was also puzzled when he saw the tears and assured us it must have been a fluke. We received a replacement quickly and so far it has held up longer than the original. I would do business with them again. The bag is really nice, goes with anything (my husband wears clothes from business dress to jeans) and durable. Lots of space inside for his laptop and paperwork or schoolbooks. A nice gift for any guy young or old.
on May 22, 2011
This is a good looking bag, but while it's apparently made of leather, it's not made of really great leather.

I have a bag that I bought in Manhattan - from an artisan booth at a street fair - that still smells like cow. It's been two years, and the thing looks and feels like it just came off the tanning truck. This bag doesn't have the slightest smell or feel of leather, in my opinion. Now, it LOOKS like leather (more or less), and it's quite useful..but if you're after that real leather experience, look elsewhere.

That said, the bag is quite durable. The pockets inside are nice, even though I prefer to have a few more sub-compartments to help keep stuff organized. The laptop part holds my 13" MacBook Pro with no problems, and allows me to carry a 15" Dell if it's absolutely necessary. The strap is good and durable, and the workmanship appears to be top notch.

I've been beating it up for a month or so, and I don't have any complaints of a practical nature....just the leather issue.
on September 17, 2010
Pros: nice leather, button straps work great.

Cons: no shoulder pad for strap! It hurts when you're carrying a laptop, books, and other things for a long walk. Could use a shoulder pad. Pocket for laptop could be padded just a little bit better.

I would recommend finding something less expensive that is better. It's not a terrible bag and if you can't find anything else then get this-it won't do you wrong but it won't serve your shoulders any justice.
on April 27, 2012
I normally do not review products I do not like but I felt that this product called for a review. When I ordered this product the picture was not the one currently displayed; had I known that the picture of the bag I wanted was the bag that currently is advertised I would not have made this rather expensive purchase. Even the bag that is currently advertised hardly resembles the actual product. The picture gives the appearance of a high quality leather; in actuality, this is not the case. The bag has an almost felt-like appearance. Also, the straps attach with snaps and several days after purchasing this product one of the left snaps (left if you are looking head on) broke. It just popped right off. Were this bag to cost 1/3 of the price it may be worth the purchase. I payed about $130 for it. This bag is not distressed it is distressing. I'm not sure why there are reviews stating that this is a good product. Perhaps those reviewers received the product that was originally advertised. At the current asking price, this bag is not worth it. Look elsewhere when purchasing a "distressed" messenger bag.
on June 9, 2012
Getting older with shoulder surgery my old leather laptop bag was PITA going into NYC and subway --left me feeling shoulder drag.. I went to a leather mssg bag which can easily hold my ipad laptop, and other stuff no problem the less poundage (less protection but hey how much do u need?)

this bag looks great has a great strap, and holds more than you need to take with you. Best upgrade in a while, a great value versus others similar products 2 x as much IMO
on December 23, 2011
I have now ordered this $129.00 version of this bag twice. And twice, I have been sent the smaller, no pockets on the outside, $111.00 version. Now it is too late for me to reorder before Christmas, so I am giving up and just getting a refund of the difference so I at least have something for my husband to unwrap.

The bag I received is nice. It is more chocolate brown than the picture, and the thread is more orange, but it is still nice. Probably a little more feminine due to is 3 inch size difference. The leather looks quality, and it smells real :-) The pockets on the insides are handy, and the laptop area has a little padding, so I would feel comfortable putting a laptop inside it. All in all, if it is was what I ordered, I would be happy.

The tricky part is that for some reason, they have two bags by the same name, and clearly the warehouse people are not double checking what the items looks like, just grabbing one. Make sure you are paying attention when you receive it, because they do look similar!
on November 3, 2010
This is a good messenger bag. However, once I put my laptop in it, there is not much room for anything else. I think it needs to be an inch wider and at least a half inch thicker. Also, there's no handle, the leather is a little thin and not very "distressed."