Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on December 24, 2009
I have to admit I have mixed feelings about this book. First, I have to admit, from the cover, and the fact that it came on a search for nude photography, I was expecting a book mainly on Fine Nude Photography, somewhat centered on the teasing or elegantly erotic side. One of the first things I noticed was that the collection was far from that expectation of mine. It is, nevertheless, Fine Photography. There is, of course, some nudity, but it is not the focus of his photography, nor is it the aesthetic of the body itself.

LaChapelle is, without a doubt, a very gifted photographer, a visionary if you want to describe it that way. There is, nevertheless, a somewhat over evident use of Photoshop, what takes a few points off on my book, but the images he shows are amazing, specially the composites with many models at the same time. Also, as an amateur photographer myself, LaChapelle has access to some high profile models, I can only dream about meeting at some point, starting by the beautiful picture of Angelina Jolie in the cover, to Mila Jovovic, Mohammad Ali, Pamela Anderson, Madonna, to some less appealing but still very high profile, as could be Paris Hilton.

If there is a big down side to this collection, would be, in my opinion, the fact that he includes some of his advertising works. I am not particularly interested to see, on a photography book I bought, a picture intentionally designed to sell me a cellphone, or a fine watch, or anything for that matter!

Would rate it three and a half stars if I could!