Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
David A Man Of Passion And Destiny Paperback – Large Print, October 17, 2000
|New from||Used from|
"Beautiful Uncertainty" by Mandy Hale
New from "The Single Woman" | Check out "Beautiful Uncertainty".
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Charles R. Swindoll has devoted his life to the clear, practical teaching and application of God's Word. He currently pastors Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, Texas, and serves as the chancellor of Dallas Theological Seminary. His renowned Insight for Living radio program airs around the world. Chuck and Cynthia, his partner in life and ministry, have four grown children and ten grandchildren.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
While David was Israel's greatest king, he also committed grevious sins that adversely impacted those around him. Even so, he was described as " a man after God's heart".
Some of the excellent points Swindoll covers in his book include:
1. God can use our talents and use them for His glory.
2. Do not fight battles in your own strength! Rely on the
Lord and His timing and methods.
3. How our bad decisions affect others.
4. God cares about the details of your life - the better you
know your standing with the Lord, the freer you are.
5. We must not abuse God's grace to sin and expect no
6. When God says no to our dreams, it may be because of
redirection in our lives.
7. The importance of having a thick skin - if you want God
to use you, you need to shed your ultrasensitivity.
8. Important notes about true friendship.
All in all, an excellent read that can encourage us and sober us about the impact we have on other people!
Among the important points Swindoll mentions in his book are:
1. God can use "losers" and "accidents" for His glory.
2. Let God operate His will in your life in His time and way.
3. There are no shortcuts to maturity.
4. God prefers to use broken people instead of the proud and self-sufficient.
5. Be willing to surrender every detail of your life under the authority of Jesus Christ.
6. We do not know how to live until we learn to die.
7. When we try to make things happen, things are forced. When God is in something, things flow smoothly.
8. You cannot scoff at God forever. His judgments may take time, but they are decisive when they happen!
Instead of belittling Swindoll's book, I much prefer to honestly anayze my Christian walk and be ever mindful that should I become too proud or self-sufficient, I stand to experience failures like Moses did.
Why should we always read the Bible or a Christian book with the intention of feeling better about ourselves? Sometimes we have to be convicted by the Holy Spirit before He does a great work in our lives. Indeed, two of the Holy Spirit's roles is to convict us of sin and to keep us from falling into sin. Before we can be used by God, He must first refine our character.
I highly recommend Swindoll's book - be honest in your walk with the Lord and always remember, He can work great things through us not because of ourselves, but in spite of ourselves - a perfect picture of His unmerited grace towards us!
Read the book and be challenged and encouraged!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Swindoll is a master at telling the stories of Biblical figures and David is no exception. A must read in any study of the life of David.Published 1 month ago by Joshua Hagan
This reading was very impactful to me. It brought the life of David in to this century as real as he was in his life to me. I read the bible chapters along with the book. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Philip T. Currier
Great book as expected from this author. Reading all in this series. This brought out more than we would know from just reading the Bible on our own. Read morePublished 1 month ago by J Whitmer
God bless the 2 people who recommended this book to me. It has totally helped me understand some principles of godliness and successful living which has transformed my life. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
One of the best books I have ever read. Inspiring, confronting and life changing.Published 2 months ago by NORMA GARCIA