5.0 out of 5 stars This is my sixth order...
Published on July 30, 2012 by Nell Thete

1.0 out of 5 stars In Comparison to other coffees....
I am reviewing several instant coffees at the same time, and the same review will be found for all of them.

My reviews are based on two criteria: How it tastes, and how well I wake up with it.

Published 16 months ago by Frugal Ant

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my sixth order..., July 30, 2012
This review is from: Davidoff Cafe Rich Aroma Instant Coffee, 100 gram Jars (Pack of 2) (Grocery)
... I must love the stuff. I hesitated reviewing this product while I lived in NY as my local Garden of Eden had such a short supply. I didn't want too many others to catch on and jack my emergency stash. So glad I found this on Amazon and at a decent price. While this coffee is more expensive that your run-of-the-mill drugstore brands it is definitely worth the price. I fix myself a delicious latte every morning for a fraction of the price in <60 seconds. What more can you ask for?

I have enjoyed this Rich Aroma davidoff as well as the davidoff espresso and davidoff fine aroma. For my lattes, this is the most scrumptious. A little about my tastes so you can compare yours: I DO NOT crave chicory-coffee, I love cinnamon sprinkled on sugar-free or minimal sugar coffee. I loooove Jack's Stir Brew Coffee (south street seaport lower manhattan), but if I am forced to go big-mega chain I prefer dunkin's regular drip coffee to starbucks.

hope it helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant flavor For this instant coffee, April 18, 2012
It is great fit o make ice cream espresso or add into any weak 3in1 instant. Quick but smooth flavor. I have been on this since 2005, now on amazon suscription deal. Great deal, beat the price in bakery store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Davidoff instant coffee, June 27, 2011
Excellent choice for when you don't want a full pot or are in a hurry. Very smooth with no bitterness. Far superior to Folgers, Maxwell House and others.

1.0 out of 5 stars In Comparison to other coffees...., April 6, 2013

Quick disclaimer, I am generally a health nut, with one exception, coffee. I am aware that instant coffee is not exactly in the healthy food category, but this is a choice that I make because I just don't have time to brew an actual pot of coffee.

I'm starting with my worst, and will work my way down to my favorite, also note, I drink my coffee black.

6th Place: Davidoff Cafe Rich Aroma Instant Coffee

This coffee has a great aroma, but tastes like Folgers (dirty dishwater). I was actually very disappointed as I had high expectations. I can deal with Folgers flavor, but this coffee made me feel awful; the same sick feeling that I get from Folgers instant coffee. (I swear Folgers must have some sort of contaminant in it.) I gave it a second chance, and felt just as bad. In the recycling it went. I tried to save the glass container, but the design is so ridiculous, that I couldn't even find a use for it.
Flavor Rank: #6
Stimulant Rank: #6

5th Place: Jacob's Coffee Jacobs Kronung Instant

I would say this coffee is a little better in flavor than the Davidoff, but not by much. And this coffee didn't make feel particularly well either. I wouldn't waste my money on either this one or the Davidoff brand.
Flavor Rank: #5
Stimulant Rank: #5

4th Place: Buen dia by Juan Valdez Classic 100% Colombian Freeze Dried Coffee

This coffee is okay in flavor, I don't feel sick from it, and the stimulant effect is moderate - more than the Mount Hagen, but less than some of the others reviewed. So the flavor is middle of the pack, and the stimulant effect is middle of the pack. It's okay if you're a moderate coffee drinker, but there are definitely better options.
Flavor Rank: #4
Stimulant Rank: #3

3rd Place: Mount Hagen Freeze Dried Instant Coffee

This coffee is absolutely yummy! The flavor is delicious, and just really makes you enjoy your first cup of coffee. But the weakness of the stimulant effect placed it below some of the others. I need three cups of this just to get going. I now only drink this one if I want to enjoy a nice cup of coffee, but have no need for large amounts of caffeine.
Flavor Rank: #1
Stimulant Rank: #4

2nd Place: Douwe Egberts Pure Gold Instant Coffee

The flavor of this coffee is quite good (not as tasty as the Mount Hagen organic stuff, but it is definitely more caffeinated). This coffee was on the top of my list until I found that Douwe Egberts offers a stronger flavor/darker blend (the next review). The stimulant effect is good, and the flavor is good. However the flavor of this one is a little weaker than the darker roast Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence. If the Pure indulgence wasn't available, I would settle for this one.
Flavor Rank: #3
Stimulant Rank: #1 (tie)

1st place: Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence Instant Coffee

This one is the winner. The Pure Gold is lighter in flavor than this one, and I don't care for it quite as much. Both have equal stimulant effect; with either of the Douwe Egberts two cups and I'm good for the day. I often feel I don't need a third cup half way through my day to keep going. The flavor isn't quite as good as the Mount Hagen, but it is the next best. And what it lacks in flavor is made up for in better stimulant effect. Thus is this my number one choice for now.
Flavor Rank: #2
Stimulant Rank: #1 (tie)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Instant Coffee Ever!, July 11, 2014
This is the BEST instant coffee I have ever had. My girlfriend is a coffee connoisseur and refuses to drink instant, except for this.

Her mom sent us a jar as a gift about a year ago and I've been hooked every since. Love Love Love it. Hard to go back to any other brand after tasting this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best affordable instant I have found., May 11, 2014
Instant coffee is risky. Not much out there that excels. This is one of the better ones and one of only three I will drink.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's ok, July 13, 2013
Cy Bershoppah "Cy" (Northern New York State) - See all my reviews
I'm finding that a lot of these products share an "instant coffee" flavor. Unsure I'd order it again. That said, it is more robust than a run-of-the-mill American instant. Bottom line, try it one time, and either find a new favorite, or consider it a learning experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Davidoff Cafe Rich Aroma Instant Coffee, March 1, 2013
It is wonderful full flavored coffee, that is "Great To The Last Drop"! It also arrived quickly and was packaged safely!
Russ McGuiney, Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best instant coffee IMO, November 18, 2012
Great coffee, if you're gonna have instant coffee, this is the one to get. I can buy it slightly cheaper at an international store, but it's just much more convenient to get it online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee, February 17, 2014
I've been enjoying Davidoff coffee for over 5 years. Since I moved back to the states its been very hard to find it in the US and I've been bringing it back from Europe. Luckily, I found it on Amazon; it arrived fresh and sealed as always with Davidoff's quality.

Rate and Discover Movies