5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed with its accuracy
Published on June 20, 2012 by Ernest A. Gudath

3.0 out of 5 stars It was Not new
Published on March 2, 2012 by H. LU

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed with its accuracy, June 20, 2012
This review is from: Davidsbeenhere: Portable Travel Digital Luggage Scale (Apparel)
Most of the reviews here rightly praise its convenience, precision, and ease of use. The engineer in me was more interested in its accuracy: how its reading compares with the true weight. That's not information one normally has access to. The day I received this scale, I tried it out around the house, weighing everything in sight. The next day I took it to a local industrial scale distributor, and they allowed me into their shop and use their certified test weights.

Results
50 pound test weight: 50.0, 50.1, 49.9
25 pound test weight: 24.7, 24.8.

The following week I flew United, and I weighed my bag at 49 pounds beforehand; United's scale read 49 pounds. Over 50 pounds would have cost me $100.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hassle free packing, June 5, 2012
The DBH Portable Travel Digital Luggage Scale has become a must-have item for me during international trips since I need to be very careful weighting my suitcases in order not to pay a fee because of exceeding the allowed weight. Sometimes there is a traditional scale available, sometimes there isn't, but even so, it is inconvenient balancing on and off the scale while holding a suitcase. Take stuff out, put stuff back in. Or worse, do it in the airport in front of a lot of people. Weighting suitcases is now easily and quickly done with the DBH Travel Scale. I endorse this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect solution to end suitcase guessing games!, May 30, 2012
Before using the DBH portable travel digital luggage scale, travel was always a guessing game. On pretty much every airline, there is a weight limit for luggage that will cost you extra money if you exceed it. I've spent so much time and energy dragging a giant suitcase across the house and trying to fit it on a tiny scale in order to find out if I've exceeded the limit. Then, if I found out that I did go over the limit, I would have to take things out of the suitcase and drag it all the way back to the scale.

With the DBH portable scale, finding out how much my luggage weighs has become so much easier. Now I can take the scale to the luggage, and not the other way around. There won't be any more surprises at the airport when weighing my luggage. The DBH scale is about the size of an electric razor (fits nicely in my palm) and barely weighs anything at all.

The material feels very sturdy and I'm sure it will last. The top of the scale is metal and the bottom is a tough plastic. The strap that lifts the luggage is so easy to latch and unlatch, but stays in place when lifting up the luggage.

The actual scale itself functions perfectly. It gives you the weight in pounds as soon as you lift up, and beeps audibly when the reading is ready, which takes seconds. To turn it off you can either wait a few seconds, or simply hold down the button. Since receiving the scale, I've tested it on several objects and it's working perfectly!

To sum it up:
*Works perfectly and quickly
*Sturdy material that will last
*Small and portable
*Easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Luggage Scale Ever!, February 10, 2013
I love the DavidsBeenHere portable luggage scale! It is small enough to hold in one hand, yet it can accurately weigh up to 110 pounds! It is so easy to use. Just slip the strongly made strap on the scale through the handles of a suitcase or bag, press the button, and then lift the item. The ergonomically-designed handle allows for simple natural lifting motion. The scale lets you know with two beeps when it has successfully weighed the item. The weight stays on the easy-to-read screen a full two minutes or until it is cleared. It runs on an easy-to-replace lithium battery. It measures in both pounds and in kilograms. It shuts off automatically. It is so much fun, I was weighing everything in sight! After weighing my bags for my trip, I plan to take it to school to weigh my students' backpacks to make sure they aren't too heavy. This amazing item is indispensable for the traveler and others as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable Travel Digital Luggage Scale, March 1, 2012
The digital luggage scale worked great! My bag was too heavy the last time I traveled and I had to pull stuff out and cram it in my backpack. You can't judge weight just by holding the suitcase in the air. It is hard to read the weight when you set it on a scale. I just attached this to the handle and it told me the exact weight of my bag. I tossed it into my suitcase and when I was ready to come home, I just repeated the process. I arrived at the airport confident that I wouldn't have a problem again with my bag being too heavy and being charged an extra fee. I would highly recommend to anyone traveling.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was Not new, March 2, 2012
I got my scale today and very disappointed. As people said, it was not new! scuff marks and scratches on it. although the description on amazon.com says that the 2032 lithium battery is not included. but it obviously was removed by someone, even the screw of the battery case was lost. On the instruction paper, it says "At the first time of use, open battery case on the right end of the scale. Remove battery isolation sheet before use." the 1x3v lithium cell(CR2032) also show on the specifications of the box or instruction sheet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast, precise, great hook design, works well., June 20, 2013
I got this scale for a college statistics project, where I had to weigh 60 different backpacks. It worked very well.

Pros:
* Precise: Measures in 0.1 lbs / 50 g intervals, double that of most other luggage scales in this price range (they're usually 0.2 lbs)

* Fast: Real-time weight display as you put something on, and it locks the final weight within 2-3 seconds

* Unique hook design allows you to put the strap around any sort of handle and then clip it back onto itself. This gives you MUCH more room to work with than other designs that use an integrated fishing-hook type thing.

* Easy one-button use.

* Very ergonomic design. Easy to hold and your hand won't block the display when in use.

Cons:
* Annoying beeping when it turns on and after every measurement

* It's a little hard to toggle between measurements units (pounds vs grams) because there is only one button. You hold it down in some special pattern, but I could never quite memorize it. I would've preferred a separate button or a switch on the side.

* No on/off switch means that the unit is constantly turning on and off (and beeping!) when it's in my bag and things are pushing against it.

All in all in excellent product, and one I chose after examining about a dozen different designs. I hope they fix the minor flaws in a future version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scale is Spot On, March 1, 2013
Being able to weigh your luggage is essential in today's world. Excess baggage fees apply when your bags go over the maximum weight, and it can get costly. The David's Been Here Portable Travel Digital Luggage Scale is essential to anyone taking a flight.

I know that some scales are often off, so I put the luggage scale to the test. I weighed things first on my kitchen scale and then using the portable travel digital luggage scale. To the ounce, everything matched. I was very impressed. I then took my dog and gave him a test when I had his harness in place. It measured him perfectly, though the beep as I turned the scale on freaked him out a bit, but after one of his "cookies," all was well in his world.

The scale is compact and fits easily in a pocket or purse. It's easy to use, extremely accurate, and in my opinion, a must-have device!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Light - Has Earned a Permanent Place in My Luggage, February 18, 2013
Joel Dauteuil (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Every ounce counts. We finally decided to try one of these digital scales for a change. We've always used the manual (non-electric) ones - and been very pleased with those. But, they are a little heavier and for that reason alone, I've left them behind on quite a few trips.

This digital one is feather light. I've left it in the bubble wrap bag it arrived in and put a rubber band around it. Good to go.

It's about the size of a small men's electric razor - but again, very, very light - maybe an ounce I'm guessing or a little more.

I'm impressed with the weight, size and accuracy - it was spot on in terms of weighing our bags. Although I'll likely never need it - this thing is rated to 110 lbs!

Can't speak to it's durability since I just got it but if it holds up and I'm not replacing batteries for a year or two, I'll be happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, January 16, 2013
I purchased this scale some time ago and finally got the chance to use it. I'm happy to say the scale had exactly the same weight for my suitcase as the scale at the airport check-in counter. It's a nice size and very easy to use, I would definitely recommend this purchase.

Davidsbeenhere: Portable Travel Digital Luggage Scale