Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 9, 2005
This story struck close to home as I have lived in Denver for 28 years and all the storyline is a great memory in my heart. Everyone did an outstanding job bringing the life of this women and the courage she felt. I feel it would be an honor to know her. I recommend this movie to anyone who thinks they are having a tough time and see how actually well they do have it.
on June 10, 2005
I have Dawn Anna on tape and watch it whenever I feel stressed out with my daily activities. This movie gives me inspiration and makes me realize that my life isn't so bad. My 10 year old daughter also loves this movie. This movie is a MUST for your DVD collection.
on June 25, 2005
Dawn Anna is one of the best made-for-television movies I have seen. The movie centers around single-mom Dawn Anna, a subsitute teacher who struggles to support her family financially. She finally lands a wonderful teaching job at a local school. In order to make ends meet, she agrees to coach the girl's volleyball team as well (her two daughters played on Dawn's team at different periods of time). Dawn meets "Bink"-a nice gentlemen that she met at the school. They date, and fall in love. Dawn discovers she has a brain disorder, and with the support of her kids and Bink, she recovers as best as she can. Although she will have lingering effects of the disorder, she continued to coach the volleyball team. The end of the movie shifts it's focus slightly-to Dawn's youngest daughter, Lauren Townsend. Lauren is now in high school, and is captain of the volleyball team. She's a straight A student at the local high school. I would tell you more, but I don't want to spoil the ending for you!
on January 16, 2007
Dawn Anna is my aunt and she's the greatest aunt ever. We're always in touch and she makes me laugh all the time. She's there for me when I need her, and when Columbine happened we were there for her, Bruce(Bink) as well as my cousins. When I saw this movie on Lifetime I used a whole box of tissues. It's one thing to know about the subject..but it's another when it was your family who lost someone so special and you see it on TV. I don't think that airing this movie was a bad thing for us and the family. If anything I think it has helped everyone find some closure in even the smallest way. And I also think that people should know about the signs of violence. It's an awesome movie. I thank Debra Winger and the rest of the cast every day. I think they did a fabulous job at making everything in this movie like being in their home in reality. One thing I've learned from this movie(as well as being around her, Bink and my cousins) is that there's never a time when somebody should hate another person. You never know when they might be gone. I miss you soo much Lulu, my heart is still broken.
on June 21, 2005
I AM A 21 YEAR OLD YOUNG WOMAN AND THIS MOVIE TAUGHT ME A LOT ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE GO THROUGH ON A DAILY BASIS. IT WAS VERY MOVING AND MADE ME CRY IN MY LIVING ROOM ALL BY MYSELF. I LOVE THIS MOVIE AND I AM SO GLAD IT IS OUT NOW ON DVD! I RECCOMEND IT TO EVERYONE! IT IS TRULY A REMARKABLE STORY WHICH EVERYONE CAN LEARN FROM IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.
on July 8, 2005
Dawn Anna was a tear Jerker. It brought a lot of things in to perspective as a parent. The family over came a mother's illness to postively making sense of a sensless High School shooting. You could feel the pain that they went through. 2 parents raising Children in this day and time is not easy! But it is even harder for a "SINGLE PARENT". She showed that with love disclipline and determination that it can be done. True stories are so much better than fiction. If you have not watched this watch it with your children, Youth groups etc. Talk to your children, Notice your children, take interest so we can stop the jonesboro and other High School and senless killings among teens. Prayer, Love and disclipline is the key..... Wonderful movie. I hope that a documentary or movie will be done soon to let us know how all the victims and surviors and their families are doing.
on May 12, 2005
This movie was wonderful. It is about a woman named Dawn Anna, who is a teacher but later becomes a high school volleyball coach. She is a single mom of four children, and she thinks that no man would want her because of it. She ends up finding love, but that happens in the middle of her fight for her life. She has a life threatening disease which she has to fight off. With the love and support from her family she is able to do so. After the for her life, she loses her youngest daughter Lauren Townsend in the Columbine High school shootings.
on May 12, 2005
This is a true and inspiring story that will pull at all your heartstrings. A mixture of love, hope, survival and faith. One of lifetime's best!!
on June 28, 2006
Since the tragedy which happened on April 20, 1999, this film centers on Dawn Anna's personal struggle with brain cancer and then, the tragic death of her daughter from the Columbine High School massacre. Taking place in Littleton, Colorado, the film revolves around a tender relationship between mother and daughter. Then fate took over and changed everything. Fortunately the intense shootout was omitted due its incredible violence. Beautifully acted by Debra Winger who mirrored Dawn Anna's incredible courage and then, facing the pain in the loss of her beloved daughter. Incredible acting resembling real-life events at and around Columbine is noted. Due to the disturbing contents of the film, it is not recommended for children under the age of 17. Other than that, It is a film well worth seeing; though you may need a box of kleenex handy.
on May 6, 2013
I saw this movie on Lifetime back when it premiered . . . . . quite a few years ago and fell in love with this movie. This woman is so emotionally strong with anything that comes her way. They picked the BEST actress to play Dawn Anna's part.