Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on September 2, 2015
I have been watching Dawson's Creek on netflix then when they took it down on YouTube and then they took that down. When I realized there was a box set I bought it right away to continue watching. Yes its true, much like the other reviews claim, the original music is gone. It is a bit weird especially when the opening song is so nostalgic and it is now completely different. It is the same opening song as the neteflix version. I honestly can't remember the original music that was included in each episode, so that doesn't bother me. I loved this show as a young teenager, and I still love rewatching it. Honestly the Pacey-Joey love story is the highlight of the whole series and why I rewatch. The one thing that did bother me is the quality of the packaging as mentioned by almost every review on here. The discs are just stacked up one on top of the other like when you buy blank DVDS or CDS. There is no protection at all. So everytime you open and close the set the discs rattle around and scratch against each other. Luckily none of the discs arrived scratched. I plan on putting a thin piece of felt between each disc. The actual packaging is completely useless and cheaply made. I would have given it less stars for quality, but the actual content and show is amazing so a solid 4 stars.
on September 14, 2012
WARNING to the hearing impaired!! This one is a rip-off! Only season one has English subtitles, the remaining seasons contain only Spanish and Portuguese. It has closed captioning on all the series though no features, however, and any hearing impaired person can inform you of it's reliability. But, for the record, the reliability varies from machine to machine used to view them. Furthermore the DVDs are stacked in two plastic receptacle bins glued to a card. It is not at ALL as I expected ESPECIALLY from a company like Sony. I will be unable to watch these on my PC as it doesn't often do CC well but my TV should. TACKY, inconsiderate and unexpected from a company like SONY DVD! Now onto the series itself.

Dawson's Creek is the stories of teen to young adult adventures, angst and dramas particularly in romantic areas an even several of the adult regions explored in those around them. The misconception is that it is a teen's show. Really it's not just for kids and one of the most honest coming of age shows I've seen coming from network TV. It launched the careers of many actors\, though they too seemed to mostly have vanished now.

In short, the series is super but the quality of the DVD set ruins the whole package for me.
on August 21, 2015
Knocked off a star for truly horrid packaging (all the discs are stacked on top of one another inviting scratches galore) but that can be remedied by buying another case for them. Otherwise it's exactly what I wanted and for the price I hate to complain at all!
on September 26, 2011
I love dawsons creek and have watched the series countless times. My individual season boxsets over many years of use were missing their booklets and some of the dvds were scratched. I bought his item to replace my current boxsets and I am very pleased with the product. Many customers reviews mentions the dvd packaging, which I agree could be improved. I did not experience glue or scratches on the dvds but they are very snug in their sleeve and take a little more work to get out. But otherwise I like the layout of the boxset. Includes episode descriptions, pictures, and cast info. Takes up much less room on the shelf that 6 individual boxsets. I am happy to have the entire series all together.
on December 27, 2011
Many reviewers are upset that not all parts of the aired series appear here, and that still other parts (such as certain songs) have been changed. But the same could be said of buying the series on DVD one season at a time. What you end up with is the same, but at a much higher price. I was impressed with the space-saving packaging. And the quality is exactly what I've experienced with other parts of the series I've owned. Deals like this are very, very hard to find. That this is only 95% of the series you may have seen on the television does not change the fact that this is still an excellent bargain. I would purchase again. In fact, I intent to do so soon; as my sister wants the series on DVD as well. So no regrets from this consumer.
on July 29, 2013
My daughter and I have had a great time watching the Dawson's Creek series this summer...she is finally 16 and old enough:) While I love this series, I am saddened that the opening song has been changed. It doesn't evoke the feelings I had watching it the first time around...I cringe every time the new song plays. Other than that the DVD collection has everything I remember and loved and now my daughter loves.
on September 17, 2014
4 Stars for the Complete Series being on sale when I bought it, I Enjoyed this show, so I bought it, A plus is there is a sheet of paper with the episode list, so that is cool. 1 star for the poor crap, cheap plastic bowl storage that came with the giant box, I bought a 24 disc dvd binder to solve that issue.
on January 3, 2014
Obviously I love the entire series of Dawson's Creek. And for $28, I couldn't resist purchasing. I'm glad I only purchased it for that much because the packing was extremely cheap, hence only the 4 stars. All of the disks are just piled on top of each other in a cheap plastic case. Not impressed.
on December 28, 2012
Dawson's Creek has always been one of my favorite series. It's melodramatic, but quite moving at the same time.
I appreciated it being so cheap. That's the reason I bought it. I am disappointed that, yet again, Columbia has cheaped out on their packaging of a series. Two cheap plastic spindles with the discs just stacked. But if that's what it takes for the series to be so cheap, then I can deal with it.
on May 14, 2012
I haven't actually played the dvd's yet, but they were a great deal! The only downside is the cheap packaging. They are all together, stacked on one 'pole'. I solved this problem easily though by placing them all in a zipup DVD carrying case.