Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on July 12, 2004
Dawsons creek has to be one of my all time favorite TV shows, and season 2 was probably my favourite. With that in mind I cannot begin to tell you how awful this set is. What is wrong with you WB? Have you no respect for the fans of the show? No pride in what you put on the shelves? These sets are intended as keepsakes for people to remember the show.
The picture quality is almost as bad as the first season, but the real thing which is going to make me return this dvd is the replaced music. What WB or whoever made the changes obviously does not understand is that the music was a very very important part of the show, and scenes and episodes are connected to certain songs for all the fans. Well not with this DVD.
Why can't Dawsons Creek get the same respect and treatment on DVD that shows like Buffy, or Smallville, or countless other shows get on DVD? Raise the price $10 or $20 - fans will pay it if you make it worthwhile - which its currently is not.
I'm not going to purchase any more seasons of dawson creek until they stop with the cheap crap they are putting out and release a proper DVD set.
on December 29, 2003
You should never change the music on a show! Especially Dawson's Creek where the music was part of the show and not just background. This DVD is appalling! Though the shows are technically the same, the music changes everything. I hope they don't mutilate the following seasons!
on December 16, 2003
This season of Dawson's Creek got me hooked on the show so I was excited it was being released on DVD and I rushed to buy it. Luckily before opening the DVD I came across a list of changes made to the music in these episodes and will be able to return this DVD to get my money back. These changes to the music are a huge disappointment since the music was such an important part of creating the atmosphere and mood of this wonderful show. Be warned this is not one or 2 minor songs being replaced but in most cases up to half and even all the songs in some episodes have been replaced. Oddly some songs that were released on the Dawson's Creek Soundtrack CD have been replaced. This DVD should be great for those who have never seen Dawson's Creek but for those wanting to relive the magic of this show the way they remember it will be better suited with VHS tapes of the original airings. This show holds a special place in the hearts of it's fans and I'm sure most of us would gladly have paid more to see the episodes presented on this DVD the way they were originally aired and perhaps one day we will see a "Special Edition" release of this restoring the episodes to their original glory. The list of the song changes can be found at: ([...]
on January 4, 2004
I am just so upset that they decided to change so many of the songs for the dvds in order to make them more affordable. The music, to me, was a big part of what made some of the episodes so good. I counted and they changed 94 songs for the season 2 dvd set. No more "Kiss the Rain" by Billie Myers or "Save Tonight" by Eagle Eye Cherry, "She's So High" by Tal Bachman, or "Shimmer" by Shawn Mullins, among MANY others. It's terrible. So if you are just interested in the show and not so much the music, then you'll probably enjoy the set, but if the music is important at all and you already have the episodes on video tape, then DON'T BOTHER to get the dvd sets.
on December 29, 2003
Season two was definitely the best season, don't get me wrong, but one of the things that made Dawson's Creek such an amazing show was it's music, and this DVD ruins that aspect of the show. I regret buying this DVD. I feel misled and wronged. The episodes are still great, so if you have never seen them before I'd still recommend getting them to see a great show, but as someone who saw it with the original music (and as someone who bought the DC soundtracks) I can't help but cringe when I hear what they have done to the music. It really does ruin it the whole thing. I will be sure to research future seasons when they come out and I will never buy another season that has been "remixed."
on April 8, 2009
When people think Dawson's Creek they think one thing - "I Don't Want to Wait" by Paula Cole. Most people probably don't know who Paula Cole is, but they definitely know the song. Parodies of the show even highlight the song. Dawson's Creek is just not Dawson's Creek without it. WB made a huge mistake in changing the music. What a disappointment. I can't say much for the quality either.
on December 19, 2003
After enjoy the great first season in DVD, it wasn't easy wait for one of the best season of the show, but... it was a disappointment, because beyond the quality of the episodes there was nothing more. Some changes in the music and the ussually commentaries, but no photo gallery or some outtakes or the featurette about something of this season, the things you hope to find when you spend money in a complete season and no buying videos to record the episodes from TV. Even with the subtitles the things are not good, for those who love the english languaje is almost ridiculous buy a zone 1 DVD with the kind of subtitles of zone 4 (spanish and portuguese).
If this is the way sony will be launching the next seasons, better forget the DVD and buy videos to make a good record from tv, even shorts TV shows have a better DVD collection,it's not a problem of money it's about the shame to see one of the best seasons of a great show with the quality of the garbage tv. It deserve something better.
on May 4, 2011
Never received the product. And the seller requested the refund, so I'll see if that refund comes through. It's not a very good experience. Any buyer would want to have received the product purchased instead of getting a refund.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2009
Every disk on this DVD skips and the first disk wont even play. when I purchased this DVD it said it was in good condition. I am pretty disappointed that I was unable to watch all the episodes on the second season of Dawson's creek
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2004
How about 0 stars. This should be a 5 star DVD, but because of the music changes it's a 0. We, the fans are what made this show as popular as it was, and we don't get any say in the changes that were made. On the DC music website it says that "the show decided to replace some of the songs" that sounds like maybe 5-10% were changed, not 60% as was the case here. The sad part is that when season 3 is released, if the producers want to change the music, they will, and not care if the fans like it or not. Of course season 3 is pretty much worthless anyway. The writers must have ran out of ideas, and had joey and pacey together. No wonder the ratings dropped after season 2. The first two season were always the most popular, because of the Dawson/Joey relationship. When you listen to Williamson & Stupin on the Finale when they talk about how it was first written to end with Dawson & Joey together, the only reason they gave for not ending with those two is "they changed their mind"
We need a little better answer than that. Stupin says "thanks for making the show last as long as it did." Maybe we should say why did it only last 6 years. Maybe if there were more focus on Dawson & Joey in Seasons 3-6, it would have lasted a lot longer.