5.0 out of 5 stars Great SHow! Music?
The episodes that change lives. Dawson's Creek will go down as an all timer in teen angst and intellectually insane dialogue heavy heavy thinking melodrama. Amen to that. Only problem? The music does not match the show's original music and that leaves the show with guitar coffee house music that overshadows the greatness on screen.
Published on July 9, 2010 by Brion White

With each release of Dawson's Creek I shudder a little more.
They have not only removed the original music which was a key element of the show;
but they have now completely edited out the scenes in which some music was featured.

Published on September 9, 2010 by Brian Franco

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not the TV show, it is a sub-par DVD Release of a TV Show, September 9, 2010
With each release of Dawson's Creek I shudder a little more.

In addition instead of giving the show a high quality presentation, they've compacted the show into 4 discs per season, giving it a compacted and washed out look and feel.

I am eagerly awaiting a high quality release of one of the best Teen Drama's ever!
Please Sony, 6 Discs/High quality release with ALL the original music and Theme song throughout the show.

Until that time, I will stick to my downloaded versions that are the original show I grew up with. Dont waste your money folks!

2.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS, if you liked Dawson's Creek, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Dawson's Creek: The Complete Series (DVD)
I'm usually not into dramas, especially teen-drama's.

DAWSON'S CREEK however was different. I loved the rich emotions of the show, the somewhat sophisticated and very literate dialogue between the characters. After the 90's, MOST teen shows depicted teens as being stupid, and dialogue was shall we say, very 'hip pop' oriented. Dawson's Creek was different.

The SONGS and music was so well choreographed with the show. If you love Dawson's Creek you'll remember the "Kiss the Rain" scene between Dawson and Joey, or many other great scenes and music.

THEY'VE TAKEN A WHOLE BUNCH OF THOSE GREAT SONGS OUT. THIS IS NOT THE DAWSON'S CREEK YOU REMEMBER.

Sadly, I ordered this set without reading reviews.

If you're looking for an easy gift for someone, this will do it. But if you love Dawson's Creek for the same reasons I did, don't bother with this.

PUT THE REAL SONGS AND SCENES BACK INTO THE SHOW. Yes it costs money....and I suspect that many real Dawson's fans would rather pay more for the real thing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy the individual seasons and save yourself a lot of hassle!, December 21, 2009
The layout seems like it would be space saving and it is in a nice looking long book format. The only main drawback is how it is put together manufacturing wise. They put the DVDs inside the thick book pages, and they must glue the layers with the pictures on them (it is set up where there is foam in between two cardboard pieces) with the DVDs in place because when I went to pull mine out you had to do a lot of wiggling to get them out. When I did get them out only 2 did not come out scratched and with flecks of glue stuck to them. They should have saved themselves the creativeness and put those unsightly clear (but PROTECTIVE!) plastic disc holders over the descriptions of the episodes or something. I was just really disappointed with having brand new discs that I was forced to scratch just to watch, and then of course had to go buy some repairing serum for some of them because (for instance the heartwrenching series finale) some of the scratches made the thing skip into oblivion. I wish I could have my money back and pay the extra $10 it would have cost me to buy them all individually. So take my adivice and either do that or take your own risk at pulling them out and praying that they don't come out too bad.
As for the content of the collection there are not many extra features, if you are like me and were not originally into the show that much when it was on then you also will not have the soundtrack CD, which is a nice bonus. The extra DVD only has soem trivia and an interview with Kevin Williamson in 2009, but he wasn't around for the show after the first two seasons and so it's just a lot of what he originally intended it all to mean. The commentaries are by Paul Stupin the producer and so he talks a lot about how much things cost and the difficulties they had making episodes, and how he doesn't like it when the actresses wear hats, but he only comments on the first and last episodes of seasons 1-4 and then the finale. It is only slightly interesting.
All in all I thought this was a great price for a nice looking space saving set, but I was very disappointed in the design as it caused you to ruin your product before you even used it. They will hopefully re-think that design. I am going to let them know how I feel about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great SHow! Music?, July 9, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved the box set, November 3, 2009
Woww the package looks nice, but after the Complete 3rd Season on DVD I became dissapointed about the DVD realeses, just didn't like the new music, could TPTB notice that all the Creek fans ( Creekers, which I'm proudly part of) loved not only the whole story but also the music , the only way to buy this set will be that the episodes were just like the ones airing on the reruns.

3.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT DVDS, but cheaper to buy individually, January 12, 2008
These are possibly the best DVD's any Dawson's Creek fan can own. Each season is amazing. I do find it cheaper to order the DVD's individually. I ordered them new from amazon, and ended up paying only $107 dollars for all six seasons plus the finale. Sometimes Amazon will have sales, like Buy One Get One Free, or they will mark the DVD's 50% off. Depending on how fast you want them will decide whether you pay the extra money or not. These DVD's are a must for any Dawson's Creek fan!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful box/ not safe for the dvds, October 2, 2010
This Dvd set is amazing. Beautifully built, but the package is not usable and even though they were new when I got it, the dvds (1st and 2nd seansons) were damaged and full of scratches, which was a turn down. I had to clean it with a cleaning solution before use it and buy a dvd case to put them all in, 'cause the original box could scratch them even more. Sad.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Show - Wish it had original Music, August 30, 2010
I watched Dawson's Creek whe it originally aired and bought the box set too, I still love the show but I don't like that it does not have the same music it originally aired with, In some cases the music makes all the difference, imagine watching Star Wars without John Willimas Music Playing in the background, obviously it's not that bad, but if you are like me and watched the show you will notice a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!!, February 7, 2010
LOVED IT!! i had no trouble getting the dvds out of the box and I would definitely recommend buying this group package instead of individually because it's CHEAPER and more CONVENIENT because all the dvds stay together. None of my dvds had scratches or didn't play well. This pack is definitely worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars It was the end of everything simple... and the beginning of everything else..., August 25, 2009
Dawson's Creek is a series that I grew up with. Like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Six Feet Under," and "ER" - it was a story that I absored every week.

In 1998 when the series premiered on the now defunct "the wb" I was 10 years old. But having been helped raised by my much older siblings I had an afenity for the older crowd. After "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" moved to her new night, I stayed and watched a new world open up in front of me.

"Dawson's Creek" may not have been the first teen soap, or maybe even the best. But it was the first one I was ever exposed to - and the one I watched throughout my teenage years. I might not have understood it the first time around the block (a second viewing several years later proved just how naïve I had been throughout several storylines) - but it is a series that remains, even to this day - timeless. It is the story of innocence evolving into adulthood.... What happens when emotion, passion, hormones, and social standing begin to define who we are?

"Dawson's Creek" traced the lives of five high school friends from their very first day of High School until the middle of college. It chronicled their scholastic achievements, romantic fallies, hormonal hijinx, and unique perspectives. For 128 episodes millions were glued to their TV's every Wednesday night to watch the next installment. And as an audience we grew up with these characters.

Sony is collecting together all 128 episodes in one box set. Details are still unavailable.

Dawson's Creek: The Complete Series
Dawson's Creek: The Complete Series by Dawson's Creek (DVD - 2011)
$65.99 $34.96