4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good read
I am not a sports fanatic in any way shape or form, but even I truly enjoyed reading this account of Hanford's experiences on and off the football field. At times it was funny and others emotional; it was always engaing and well-thought out.
Published on October 29, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Tales from the Browns glory years....
Published 21 months ago by Chuck Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Tales from the Browns glory years...., February 17, 2013
Chuck Thomas (Cleveland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Day of the Dawg: A Football Memoir (Paperback)
Hanford Dixon provides a firsthand account of the Cleveland Browns during the 1980s. Reading this book brought back of memories of watching the team during the 80s, especially those playoff games which Top Dawg identified as some of his favorite of all time. I enjoyed the candid nature in which Hanford told his stories. However, there were grammatical errors in this book, to the point that I was surprised at how many.

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good read, October 29, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Day of the Dawg: A Football Memoir (Paperback)
This book was very well written. The writer kept Hanford's tone very well. Full of juicy details about the 80s bounty scandal. And I can't believe that Hanford took responsibility for Donnie Rogers death! Just so many controversies and drama... exactly what I'd expect from Cleveland's original Dawg!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, May 6, 2013
This review is from: Day of the Dawg: A Football Memoir (Paperback)
Nice Bio and interesting inside info in the life and times of a great pro. Lots of stuff we never heard while Big Dawg was playing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Day of the Dawg, January 25, 2013
Awesome book if you are a Browns fan you will want to read this book. A wonderful inside view of those tough Browns teams I had the privilege to watch while growing up. Great book Mr. Dixon, thanks for the memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Day of the Dawg: A Football Memoir (Paperback)
Bought this as a x-mas gift for my father who said he enjoyed reading the book. He stated that you could tell it was not written by Dixon alone but still a good read for any Browns fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet flashback to the Browns of the '80s, January 8, 2013
Lulu Le'shae (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed reading this book! Hanford wrote it like he speaks and it brought back sweet memories of the Browns. I lived in downtown Cleveland during many of those years and remember opening my window and hearing the crowd from my apartment. Really wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing Hanford! By the way, I named my first dog after you, Dixon Hanford. He even had a Top Dog food bowl!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Top Dawg, November 24, 2012
If you have spent your life as a Browns fan, as I have, This book is a great read. It takes you back to the times when the Browns were a lock ot go to the playoffs every year, and the rivalry with the goddamn Steelers

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Hanford!, November 20, 2012
Great memories of my hometown team. I have recommended it to all the Twin Cities Browns Backers as a "must read."

4.0 out of 5 stars top dawg is top read, November 17, 2012
must read for any Browns fan.Top Dawg tells some great stories.really found the don rogers story interesting.buy this and enjoy the flashback.

Day of the Dawg: A Football Memoir
Day of the Dawg: A Football Memoir by Hanford Dixon (Paperback - October 15, 2012)
$14.95 $13.32