Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Day-Light Classic 10,000 LUX Bright Light Therapy ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 46% off the $199.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Day-Light Classic 10,000 LUX Bright Light Therapy Lamp
- Helps combat the Winter Blues, jet lag, seasonal mood swings and more!
- 10,000 LUX of white light for optimal therapy
- Glare-free diffusion screen blocks 99.3% of UV for eye safety and comfort
- Meets clinical guidelines for effective light therapy
- 5 year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Style Name: DL930
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
My one quibble is that the box is rather awkwardly designed; it took a while to find a convenient place to use it correctly. As it is too large to travel with, I am going to look for a more portable one, and will start with Up-Lift Technologies as I am so completely happy with the wonderful effects of their product.
- I like the overall engineering of the product. For its size, it cranks out a ton of light (it has three 36w bulbs inside). You can stand it up on a table using the flip stand on the back, or you can attach the legs to raise it up. It is also very compact, visually appealing, and solidly built.
- As others have commented, this light exudes the smell of burning plastic, no doubt because the back gets so incredibly hot. This smell fills the room and wafts throughout the house and is hard to get rid of. It has not abated at all in the week or so that I have been using this light, and it pretty objectionable.
- It uses 4000k bulbs and as a result casts a slightly warm yellowish light that does not really resemble sunlight. I know that recent studies have shown that light intensity may be more important than color temperature, but since the manufacturer has designed this light so that you are to work, read, etc directly under it, the 4000k bulbs give pretty poor color rendition. When you compare this light side by side to a one that uses higher color temperature bulbs, you really see how yellow it is. I can't understand why the manufacturer chose 4000k bulbs, but I personally prefer light that "looks" more like natural sunlight...i.e. in the 5000k+ range and there are other boxes that do this (like the UltraLux). On a dreary winter day 5000k+ light really feels like natural sunlight. Not so with this box unfortunately, though it may still be therapeutic.
Overall although I like the design, high output, looks and portability, I would not purchase one of these again. The nasty smell and lack of daylight spectrum bulbs detract too much from the product as a whole. I should have given it two stars, but I seem to be unable to go back and edit that field.
It has a hole in the back so that it can be hung on the wall. I have the lamp hanging on the wall opposite of my bed so that when my alarm clock goes off at 6am (no light outside), I turn the lamp on and even if I try, there is no way I could fall back asleep-it's that bright. Getting up every morning at 6am is becoming easier and easier every day with the help of this lamp.
The directions state to use the lamp first thing in the morning with the lamp at eye level within 12inches for 20 minutes. The directions also state that you can use the lamp at a further distance but one would have to use it for a longer period of time-which I do and I get results.
The lamp is big but it still can fit on my desk (it has a pop out metal stand on the back of the lamp) next to my computer when I work, or on my bathroom counter (which is tiny-single sink with 3 inches of counter on each side) while I get ready for work. It's extremely light.
Improved mood-yes, decreased cravings for carbs.-yes, my body thinks it's sunny all the time in Seattle-yes. It was worth every penny.
|Length: 3:08 Mins|
Wishing you a brighter outlook,
Vince Caimano, Ph.D.
Founder, Depression Recovery Groups
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works as it's supposed to. Clean lines and stable on desktop. Light enough that I can move it easily and breaks down when not in use. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Bright-Light Therapy has been a total game changer in my life. I wish I'd realized this earlier. I've got a feeling that my college days in the frozen dark pits of the Northeast... Read morePublished 5 days ago by RKJ
I was suffering from major depression for a while. My circadian rythm was quite messed and medications only made it worse. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Ed's Ideas
Very effective way to ward off the winters blues. Sitting in front of the lamp is like sitting at the beach on a sunny day and I look forward to doing it everyday. Read morePublished 8 days ago by digisi
I come from weather like Arizona, lived in Ohio for more than 20 years, every fall and winter I would go through the seasonal blues, each morning was a battle to go to work,... Read morePublished 19 days ago by luka