Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on August 23, 2011
My camp is off the grid because I want quiet. That means NO GENERATOR RUNNING when I want to read. PLUS I wanted something that looks good enough to be in a real living room. PLUS the light has to be plentiful. Got it all with this lamp. AND it doubles as an accent light because of the built in dimmer.

Buy rechargable batteries and the adapters for D-cell and life is good. (Oh yeah, remember the "must be nice enough for a regular living room"...there is an AC power cord adapter for "the house"...love it). I anticipate buying at least one and probably two more.
0Comment58 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2011
I have had my floor lamp for 6 months now. I wanted to wait before writing this to make sure my product worked properly. I am happy to say the lamp works wonderfully and better than expected. The light output is nice-more than any battery operated lamp I've seen (and I've seen many). I love how it is portable so I can take it to any part of my room, especially when there is no outlet. Even better, our power has gone out a few times this year already and I was never at a loss to read my books. The adapter plug is convenient too, when you choose to plug it in. Glad I made this purchase!
0Comment52 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2012
I was skeptical at first. I had looked for months for a battery operated reading light. Most of what I found was cheap and ugly. I wanted a reading light that did not cost an arm and a leg, had the option of battery operation (my reading couch is in the middle of a room and an electric wire would invariably become a tripping hazard and a source of constant nagging from my wife).

Then after months of searching I found this LED battery operated light (with the option of also connecting to an electrical outlet- and yes, the cord was included) .
I am quite happy with the performance of this reading light, it is sturdy and quiet. It has a dimmer switch which is extraordinarily convenient for quiet undisturbed reading.
I have had the light for almost a month and it is still working fine. I am actually ordering another one as guess who has commandeered the light? You are right! the nagging wife is using it now to read almost every night...

This is a good product, functional, inexpensive and I did not have to send them my first born in order to pay for it (some lights I've seen going for 800 bucks).
Vey satisfied customer.

SIX MONTHS UPDATE:
I am more convinced than before of the quality and practicality of this reading light. It is still in one piece and working well. I have used 2 battery replacements in 6 months and the light continues to work flawlessly.
Very good product, still very satisfied with my purchase. Still, 5 stars at 6 months.
0Comment47 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2012
This is a high quality product, satin brass finish and greatly exceeded my expectations. It comes in five pieces, which I screwed together in 15 minutes, taking my time as I drank a cup of coffee at the kitchen table. The light head consists of 30 LEDs, provides plenty of light, and the unit is a fine piece of furniture. I was expecting something like the skinny floor lamp I use here at home, and which I bought at IKEA...and please, no disrespect to IKEA, because their lamp works just fine. But this unit has a heavy, solid base, and works well on either four D-cells, or the AC adaptor. The batteries are readily accessible on the underside of the lamp base. I will be using this in my high country cabin as a reading lamp, and can hardly wait to get it up there. My wife however, said we should keep it here at the house because it's such a nice looking floor lamp! No way. It's going to the mountains where we are five miles from the nearest electric power lines. Highest rating for this product. JM
22 comments34 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2012
Lamp is attractive and perfect for reading. Love the dimmer option and adjustable neck. Safer than running wires under the rug and a lot less expensive than installing a floor outlet in concrete. Great that there is also an AC plug if I decide to use the lamp in another location. Perfect for me.
on February 27, 2013
The lamp was delivered quickly and is perfect for the area that it is needed. Unfortunately two of the bulbs did not light up. When I called the company directly and advised them of my problem, with no questions asked, the lady I spoke with said they would send out another one immediately, and did not ask me to go through the hassle of returning the defective unit. I have never before received such wonderful customer service from a supplier. I cannot recommend this company enough.
on August 27, 2013
I bought the Rechargeable version of this. It looks exactly the same but instead of buying expensive D Batteries, you plug it into the wall to recharge for 10 Hours of use.

The light intensity output shouldn't be used to read unless you're very close to it. You may strain your eye if the light source isn't bright enough.

The power adapter it came with is a 5 Volt & 2Amp adapter. It's inefficient, where the AC power charger consume 4 Watts to charge it compared to a USB charger that I plugged into it. The USB chargers will consume only a little over 1 Watt. I've tried different USB chargers with a powerful 10 Watt charger and the lamp will only take a little over 1 Watt from it to charge. I switched out the 5 Volt adapter it came with because it's the same voltage as a USB charger 5 Volt.

When assembling the pipes, you have to be careful to turn slowly because the threads isn't easy to match together. I had to twist and turn until the thread match then it joins together. If you force turn the threads and it didn't line up, you'll end up with a crooked lamp that is turned in half way into the pipe.

When it's charging, there is a little solid red light on top of the lamp indicating it's charging. I haven't finished charging it yet to see what happens when it's fully charged. I would guess the red light turns off when it's full 100%.

There is a frosted white plastic protective screen under the LEDs. It diffuses the light and protects the LEDs. I don't see any way to remove this plastic cover so I left it alone. I like that it's plastic so it won't shatter if the lamp ever tips over.

The 1st pipe going into the base may be loose and wobble at the base, you may need a wrench to tighten the ring under the base. After you tighten the ring, all your pipes stacking up should be stiff and straight.

It's a nice rechargeable lamp and I like it but this shouldn't be used to read or work with fine detail things. My purpose will be to shine the light at a corner area to illuminate a small area.

The variable dimmer switch turns smooth and works well. As you turn it on, you hear a little click then the LEDs start at a low dim setting.

I hope this review gives you enough information on what you're buying. D-Batteries are expensive and I'm glad I got the rechargeable version, never have to worry about buying new batteries.
1010 comments14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2013
I ordered this light based on the good reviews. What a disappointment. The first light I received lasted 4 days before it quit working. I tried both batteries and AC...nothing lit. I returned it and it was replaced at no charge (good service there) but when I plugged the new one in, I cannot turn it off. I can dim it up and down but the led lights still glow in what should be the off-position. To get it off I have to unplug it! I am still deciding whether to return this one and get a refund or just keep it and live with the unplugging. I would have given this no stars if that had been an option!
on June 27, 2014
I was so excited to get this lamp. It was a gift for my Mom whose sight is failing. But when I assembled it - it did not work - either by battery - which is why I purchased it or by plugging it in. I was very disappointed. I called the company directly and they are helping me with a replacement.
on August 18, 2011
Product requires assembly. The tubing sections were mis matched, did not belong together and did not fit together. There was no way to assemble the separate sections. What ever happened to QUALITY CONTROL?????
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse