5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected
Published on September 9, 2012 by Kathryn M. Dalton

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bright enough for illustration
I work as a comic book illustrator and this lamp seemed very appealing to me. I decided to purchase this lamp after reading all the great reviews about it. I did tons of research to find what I was hoping to be the best lamp I ever owned. However, I was very disappointed with this lamp, unfortunately.

The moment I switched the lamp on I could tell it was not...
Published 6 months ago by M. Yakutis

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected, September 9, 2012
This review is from: Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch (Misc.)
Was easily assembled and put in place. Works as it should and button on/off switch is very conveniently placed while not getting in the way when adjusting lamp head to use magnifier. The base is very heavily weighted which makes it work very well as a floor lamp but I would be cautious about using it as a table lamp due to the weight of the base, it would require a sturdy table and a fair amount of room as a table lamp. Over all I am pleased with the lamp and no longer have to suffer the heat from an incandescent lamp when working & ssewing while watching TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Light, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch (Misc.)
I am a fly tier. Old eyes, etc....ordered this light, assembled it and used it. Don't know how long the lights will last, but must say it is superior! When I ordered it I had some questions, which were answered abeit incorrectly. First of all, the lens is plastic. This is not really a problem since I have reading glasses that have plastic lenses. Distortion; the lens is five inches, but the outer edge (1/2") is distorted. Not really a problem in my case. After all, one looks through the center and not from the slant. For the negative, the base is plastic, which is not a problem, but i wish there were felt pads on the bottom to protect a wood top. Not a problem for me, just sayin....
The optics are more than okay, actually they are very good. Speaking of optics, the focal point is basically 0-8inches away from the bottom of the lens. Assuming your eye is approximately two to four inches above the lens, this is very useful. Beyond that point, there is magnification, but not as sharp as one would like. Usable field of vision is basically six inches in diameter at about five inches from the bottom of the lens. Beyond that there is magnification, but not something you would want to spend time looking at. Base is very stable and overall quality of product is very good, no complaints in that regard. The light appears to be fairly natural light, I have no way of knowing, but it is good when I remove and replace a object. The flex stem from stand to head is very firm and solid, no problem. There is a large and obvious on/off button which sounds like no big deal, but it's nice to have a product that doesn't task you to turn it off and on these days! As you move further from the light source things are not as bright. While this sounds obvious, it may be important to some users. This is a great value for the money and I have seen a very similar product for twice the money under a name brand. I would spend twice what it cost considering it does what I require, but you don't have to. It may be the light for you. It was very easy to assemble and was very solid. Should last for many years. As I read my list I see that there is one more thing. I see a lot of lights with 'dust' covers on them. If this light had such a device it could and probably would be in the way. I suspect that is a gimmick that is not really very useful.
John Dougherty

5.0 out of 5 stars FIVE STARS ISN'T ENOUGH FOR THIS PRODUCE, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch (Misc.)
I wanted something for my size 18 canvas needlepoint.

I needed something that wasn't too heavy that I can carry from my office to a conference room to work on my needlepoint during my lunch break.

I can angle the magnifing glass light to avoid the glare that I got form my regular magnifing glass.

This product worked far beyond what I hoped for.

5.0 out of 5 stars LED Lamp, November 22, 2012
This review is from: Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch (Misc.)
My eyesight for needlework is getting pretty poor, and this lamp with the magnifying glass sure hits the spot. I can now do my petit point again. Thank you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bright enough for illustration, May 10, 2014
This review is from: Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch (Misc.)

The moment I switched the lamp on I could tell it was not going to be what I needed. The light is very dim and has an unpleasant blue tint. I'd be willing to live with the blue tint if the light was bright enough, but I have to use a second lamp at my desk to produce enough light to draw with, otherwise my eyes strain the entire time. I am returning the item and getting my money back.

I would have given this product one star but the goose neck is pretty nice and the fact that it can turn into a floor lamp AND desk lamp is nifty.

Maybe this lamp is good for crafting or sewing, but if you do regular illustration, I would strongly advise getting something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it for my beading projects!, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch (Misc.)
Love it! I purchased it when I took up beading. I use it without the floor extension so I can get it closer to me. When sitting on the couch, I place it right next to me and it's the perfect height. It's also fairly portable. I just took the base off (which is just turning a knob) and placed both sections into a tote bag. Quality appears to be excellent. The arm is easy to move and stays where I put it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for knitting and crocheting, January 5, 2014
This review is from: Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch (Misc.)
This lamp is a perfect answer to my need for better work light when knitting and crocheting - it changes from floor lamp to table lamp, although I've only used it as a floor lamp so far. Placed next to my chair it's the perfect height to light my needlework. And when I needed to get really up close, pulling the magnifier down over the project worked wonderfully. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fingernail Lamp, November 18, 2012
This review is from: Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch (Misc.)
My wife bought this as a magnifier and light to do her nails. She is currently using it as a table lamp, but may change to floor style to see if she likes it better. She says it's the best light she has used, and especially likes the magnifier as it is big enough to give a good image. It is very flexible and sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars great light, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch (Misc.)
Bought this light for my wife to do cross stitch. She loves it. Nice bright light and magnifying center is awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want another one!, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch (Misc.)
Nice heavy base and nothing 'comes apart easily' if you move it. Using as floor, as the base for a table would be too big. Bright light and great magnifying--I may buy another for hobby room and put that one on the cutting/planning/jewelry making, etc. table

Daylight Naturalight LED Floor Lamp, 5-Inch