5.0 out of 5 stars Marian Consecration for the Masses
Published on March 6, 2012 by Scott Foley

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, but not enough for me
Published on November 4, 2012 by Patricia

5.0 out of 5 stars Marian Consecration for the Masses, March 6, 2012
This review is from: 33 Days to Morning Glory: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat In Preparation for Marian Consecration (Paperback)
33 Days to Morning Glory is the best hands-on book for Marian Consecration available today! Michael Gaitley presents in a way that is practical, insightful and efficient. It is excellent for anyone who does not have a lot of time, yet still desires to grow spiritually. In a mere 2-3 pages a day, the spiritual firepower of Blessed Mother Teresa, Blessed John Paul II, St. Maximilian Kolbe, and the remarkable St. Louis de Montfort is unveiled in a manner that is powerful, personal and straightforward for adults and teens alike. Whatever the age of the reader, this retreat is a great place to grow closer to Jesus through his devoted mother Mary. Mary's last words in the Gospel at the wedding feast of Cana seem fitting:

1 On the third day there was a wedding in Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.
2 Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the wedding.
3 When the wine ran short, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine."
4 [And] Jesus said to her, "Woman, how does your concern affect me? My hour has not yet come."
5 His mother said to the servers, "Do whatever he tells you."

-John 2:1-5

Mary desires lead us to Jesus today, just as she wished to lead us to her son almost two thousand years ago. At Cana, she was concerned with helping out the wedding couple by interceding with Jesus. Jesus granted his mother's request, even though his 'hour' had not come. Mary is just as concerned with interceding for each of us with her son today. Imagine the great things Jesus could to do in our lives if we took Mary's advice, as the servers did, and did whatever he told us.

Similar to Gaitley's "Consoling the Heat of Jesus," which enjoys a perfect five-star rating on each and every one of its 31 customer reviews at Amazon.com at the time of this post, the appendices are phenomenal in this book! They provide excellent information on Marian prayers & devotions. I hope you get the opportunity to discover this treasure!

Thanks for reading.

Note: The Gospel of John, Chapter 2, was retrieved from the USCCB website

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, but not enough for me, November 4, 2012
In preparing for Total Consecration according to Saint Louis Marie de Montfort, I found this book to be helpful for meditation, but incomplete without the prayers and meditations recommended by St. Louis Marie de Montfort. To be fair to the author, he states in the introduction to his book that he is offering his meditations as an alternative because "I personally find more spiritual fruit not in reciting long prayers but in pondering in my heart inspiring teachings on Marian consecration." That is clearly stated and fair enough. I did find that I wanted and needed the prayers too, so I used this book in conjunction with the standard prayers and meditations in Monfort Publications book "Preparation for Total Consecration according to Saint Louis Marie de Montfort."

5.0 out of 5 stars 33 days to Morning Glory, March 14, 2012
after several years of doing deMonforte's preperation to conscecration toJesus through Mary I find 33 Day's to Morning Glory refreshing. This new and informative outline sweeps your mind
and pours your heart into Mary's arms. Well done Father Michael.

5.0 out of 5 stars A easy to follow Marian devotion, March 17, 2012
Mary E. Wright "wrightmar" (Tehachapi CA United States) - See all my reviews
Fr. Gaitley shows in this book how to consecrate yourself to Mary in a way that is easy to understand and follow. Being a former Protestant I find the Marian doctrines difficult to understand at times-this book helped me understand the whole concept of Mary's role in salvation. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 33days to Morning Glory, March 22, 2012
This book is beautifully written, simple yet profound and gives the reader practical and understandable access to somewhat lofty and profound truths about this Consecration to Jesus through Mary. It will help clear up misconceptions and help the reader move forward in this act of love to Jesus. I highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but still prefer St. Louis de Montfort's method, November 11, 2012
There is no doubt that the content of this book is going to lead people to Jesus through Mary. For that, I am extremely enthused and highly encouraged that a good priest like Fr. Gaitley has authored it. Personally, I think it would be just fantastic if every soul on earth was consecrated to Mary in order to better love and serve Jesus. However, there are a few things I thought about while reading this book that I would like to share.

1) I really don't understand why St. Faustina Kowalska was not in the book. I understand why St. Louis de Montfort, St. Maximilian Kolbe, and Bl. John Paul II are there. Yet, before anyone accuses me of not liking Bl. Teresa of Calcutta, I would like to say that I love her dearly and pray to her often; she is, indeed, an incredible model of sanctity. However, it seems to me that St. Faustina would have fit better for the intention behind this book. She fits better with St. Maximilian Kolbe and Bl. John Paul II, too. Plus, St. Faustina's Diary has an incredible amount of material on the Blessed Virgin Mary, even consecration formulas and the lived out (and written out) example of giving oneself entirely to Mary. Fr. Gaitley belongs to the religious community that spreads the message of Divine Mercy, and it just seems it would have made more sense to have St. Faustina rather than Bl. Teresea of Calcutta as the fourth Marian person in this book because it could have offered to the reader parts of the Divine Mercy devotion that would have made this book even more up-to-date. Anyway, those are my thoughts on that.

2) While I understand the intention behind the book is to provide the reader with an "updated" and "less rigorous" version of St. Louis de Montfort's Total Consecration, I think it would have been prudent to advise people that this is not a "path of least resistance" method for giving oneself to Mary. The opening phrase of "No easy way.....till now" sounds a little odd. In consecrating oneself to Mary, though the method offered by Fr. Gaitley be less rigorous than de Montfort's method of centuries past, nonetheless, any method will still require of a soul great sacrifice and suffering. It's still a spiritual battle, in other words. And once Satan finds out a soul is striving to give themselves to Mary, all hell is going to break loose. After all, even great saints who offered "simple" ways of striving after sanctity such as St. Therese of the Child Jesus (who gave to the world the "little way") lived a very austere, disciplined, and mortified life. A lot of saints teach us that Mary is the key to going to Jesus quickly and advancing in holiness quickly, but they also teach us that there is most certainly going to be hardship, a cross, trials, a battle, and great suffering involved. I think this could have been drawn out a little more in this book. Consecration to Mary is not meant to be easy, but it is meant to be simple, and I think that is what Fr. Gaitley's wanted to communicate, but didn't really explain well. For this reason, even though this book is very praiseworthy, I still prefer St. Louis de Montfort's method because he goes over all of these things more in-depth and explains them so well -- so that a soul fully knows what they are doing and getting themselves into. Furthermore, I don't consider de Montfort's method a "prayer marathon" as Fr. Gaitley classifies it. I consider the "lengthy prayers" of de Montfort's method as comparable to lifting weights. The prayers are a daily spiritual exercise for the soul so that once the consecration day arrives that soul is spiritually ready for the battle that lies ahead and is fully equipped for spiritual warfare. Offering people an "easy way" may not necessarily be the best for them because, just like lifting weights, they didn't train hard enough to be able to persevere. Once again, just my thoughts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much 'easier' 33-day consecration - for today, September 26, 2012
I have done at least two or three types of 33-day consecrations to Mary in the past. Many times I just couldn't finish or would get lost in the long list of prayers and litanies 'required' for each day's meditation. If I didn't have the time to do them well, I either didn't finish or ran through the prayers to get them in. This book is different and is truly written for today. Sticking to anything for 33 days can be difficult, but the author has condensed the essence of the same true and total Marian Consecration of deMontfort - but infuses three other well-chosen Marian devotees of today's times. It integrates the total consecration of St. Louis de Montfort, Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, St. Maximillian Kolbe and Blessed John Paul II into one total consecration. It accomplishes the same thing - only with a deeper understanding of what total consecration means, and in today's verbiage. So, for me this was a much 'easier' (for lack of a better word), 'doable', and 'understandable', yet powerful way of beginning and sticking to the 33-day Total Consecration all the way through the first time. Everyone can find time to read a couple of pages a day and then reflect - as Mary did - on their meaning. Towards the end, the author reviews even more efficiently the earlier readings and condenses everything down to its essence by the day of Consecration.

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing book, April 27, 2012
The author, Father Gaitley, does a superb job on this book.
I have used the book 33 Days of Preparation for Total Consecration to the Blessed Mother by St. Louis Marie de Montfort renewing my preparation over and over for the last 20 years.
This time I renewed it using this book, which brought me to an even greater appreciation of the role of the Blessed Mother in my life. I would recommend the readings in this book be done every year leading up to one of the feast days of Our Lady.
Father Gaitley's writings are so easy to comprehend. He has a gift for synthesizing vast topics. I would also highly recommend his other book, "Consoling the Heart of Jesus". Both books are life changing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, February 10, 2012
Sibi Abraham "Sibi" (Williamstown, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this book and it is really good. This book is an excellet aid for Marian consecration or its renewal.

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing approach to a solid spiritual practice, May 16, 2012
This is a clearly written book explaining a profound centuries old Catholic teaching on availing onself of the help of the Blessed Mother as the "surest and quickest" path to Jesus. It is a retreat that anyone can make that leads a hectic and busy life be they Catholic or not. Anyone who reads it cannot help but be touched by God's Grace as it is truely anointed.

$14.95 $12.03
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.